Fate Joshua

Rookies Scenario Shop! (REQUESTS CLOSED)

tumblr_nup85aDyah1ucd9xqo2_400.gif

For akirachoi

When Joshua and Yerin met in a hospital, both of them just woke up from their coma. They actually met in their coma's dream. In reality, they know each other because of some accidents back before they were in a coma. 

OC Name: Jung Yerin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jung Yerin P.O.V.

Waking up from a coma wasn't the best way the way to wake up. I felt sore all over and my body ached. It had been three hours since I had waken up, but people were still by my side pampering me.

"Yerin-ah, I can't believe you woke up, it's been two years already," My brother, Daehyun, cried. Tears were running down his face as he held my mother and father's hands. I stared at them, not fully remembering who they were, but getting a sense of our relationship together. I was glad I had such a faithful family waiting for me to wake up. 

"Yerin-ah! Hurry up!" 

"Yah, don't tell me what to do!" I heard laughter and the clashing of the waves together. 

"You can't be a scaredy-cat! You have to face you fears and walk in the ocean." He spoke to me. I pouted.

"I don't want to!" I cried. He paused and stared into my eyes with a gentle smile.

"Come on, Yerin-ah. I'll be right here with you the whole time, just take my hand."

I clutched my head with a slight pain aggravating my head. 

"What's wrong, Yerin-ah?" Daehyun asked me. I grunted and shook my head. 

"Nothing bad, just a slight head ache. The doctor said I'll be having lots of these since my memories are still rushing back," I explained. I saw my parents' expressions un-crinkle. I sighed in relief. Who was that guy in my dream? I saw his face, but what was his name? Was he just some random guy I dreamt of? 

I had so many questions, was he someone I knew before? I hate not remembering anything. 

"Is everything alright, Yerin?" My mother asked me. I gave her a small smile, knowing how worried every one must be. 

"Yeah, just a little confused, that's all. I'll be better soon." I saw her smile at my father.

"Wow, she's still our optimistic, Yerin. It's thankful to hear that she hasn't changed." 

A nurse came knocking on our door, ending the family bonding we were having. 

"Jung Yerin, congratulations on waking up. The doctor has informed me that you should be getting some rest now. Even though you have been in a state of sleep for a long time, he still says that you should rest since your body is still healing from the dormant state you were in." I nodded at her words. "The Jungs, you should let her get some rest." They exchanged glances and nodded. 

"Sweet dreams, Yerin." My mother and father kissed my forehead while my brother just smile and patted me on the shoulder.

I let my body rest and felt myself slipping into dreamland. Once I woke up, it was night time. 

"Am I suddenly turning nocturnal?" I joked to myself. I glanced around, and knowing that I wouldn't be able to sleep right after I woke up, I decided to sneak out and take a little walk. I quickly and quietly rolled out of the bed that I had been stuck in for 2 years now. I felt my cold feet hit the even colder floor and I grew excited. Wow, I haven't felt the floor in so long. I stumbled out of the bed and felt that my legs were wobbly. I chuckled, feeling fascinated by my own body. I got the hang of walking and twisted the knob and left my prison that I was stuck in. 

I enjoyed every step I took, cherishing it, knowing I could have never taken another step before. The doctors had explained to me that I could have been paralyzed by the accident or worse case scenario, I could have died. I knew to cherish the life I had gotten, I wasn't broken or paralyzed, I was healthy with cuts and cruises. 

At the end of the corridor I was in, my eyes lit up once I saw something I missed. 

"A vending machine!" I exclaimed, but immediately checked to see if anyone heard me. I rushed as fast as I could to the machine. I looked at the cola I wanted to badly and pouted. I don't have any money. 

"Did you want something?" I squeaked and jumped back in fright at the sudden voice. I locked eyes with one of the most beautiful men I had seen in my life. I heard him chuckled. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, you just looked like you needed help." He explained kindly. I suddenly felt embarrassed at my behavior. 

"It's fine, it was my fault." I felt my cheeks burning from being in his presence. He peered over my shoulder and looked at the vending machine.

"Can't sleep either?" He questioned. I nodded.

"Yeah, I slept for a long time, I don't think I can sleep any longer," I joked while letting out a bitter laugh. I heard him chuckle slightly.

"You were in a coma?" He asked again while pulling something out of his pocket. I sighed and nodded. 

"Yeah, for two years," I answered. His eyes brows flew up his face.

"Wow, what a coincidence, so was I." My jaw dropped. "And I also just woke up today also." I scoffed at the coincidence. How many people were in a coma for two years and just woke up today? 

"Wow, that is so weird." I moved out his way so he could put his money in the machine. I heard the familiar clanking noise of soda falling. I noticed he bought two, and before I knew, I had a cola can in my hand. 

"Here, as a celebration to us living." We laughed and clanked out cans together. I took a sip of the cola I hadn't tasted in so long. 

"Ahh, I forgot how much I loved this, I mean, I sorta forgot everything." Somehow, all my laughs were bitter and I couldn't help but think about my life before the accident. I must have been such a burden to my family.

"Well, what could we do? Fate is fate, we couldn't help what was coming at us, and there was no way to prevent it." The way he spoke was so enticing and calming. I gazed at him as he continued speaking, not focusing on his words but on his face.

He looks so familiar. I tried to force myself to remember. Come on, I swear I just saw him or something. 

"We can't be scared of the fears we have and have to accept whatever life throws at us." I gasped and he looked surprised at me. 

"Oh my gosh, I've seen you somewhere." I was still shocked at my discovery. He raised a brow and gave me a knowing smile, like he knew what I was about to say. 

"Where?" He question with a small smile.

"Ok, not to be weird or anything, but you were in my dreams while I was in a coma." I admit. I did not know if I should be telling a complete stranger this, but I felt like I could trust him. It's like my heart already felt bonded to him. Did I know him before I got in a coma? 

"Oh really?" He asked, sipping his cola. I nodded. 

"Positive, you look just like the guy in my dreams." I got lost in his eyes while explaining things to him, they're just so bright. As he glanced at me, I awkwardly sipped some of my drink.

"Well, that's weird, but I also met you in my dreams." I almost spit out my drink when he said it so nonchalantly.

"What?" I tried to confirm. He nodded.  

"I also met you in my dreams. You appeared in all of them and it was like I've known you my whole life." He admit. I was shocked by his words.

"Weird, that's how my dreams were too..." I trailed off my words, trying to figure out how this happened. We stood in silence, both trying to complete the puzzle. "Do you remember me from before we were in the coma?" I asked, trying to get answers. He shook his head which me frustrated.

"Nope, I don't remember a thing before I was in a coma. I barely remembered my parents, how about you?" I sighed.

"I sorta remembered my family, but not everything. Honestly, they know more things about me than I know about them now," I said bitterly. He nodded, understanding how I felt. 

"I should probably head back now before my parents and doctors wonder where I'm at. See you around..." He trailed off since he did not know my name.

"Yerin. Jung Yerin." I finished for him with a wide smile. He smiled back. "And see you around..." He laughed.

"Joshua. Hong Joshua." He finished for me. I waved him off and walked back to my room. I plopped on the ever so comfortable bed and released a big breath. 

I can't believe that we both were dreaming about each other unconsciously. How did that even happen? First we both are in a coma for two years, then we wake up on the same day, then we find out we were both dreaming about each other whole time?

I groaned. "What the hell?" I whispered. I needed to figure out if we met before. I swear, he feels so familiar, and not just from the dream. I feel like I've known him before the dreams. Come on, think. Yerin, think.

I was alone in this room for a long time, letting me process my thoughts. I groaned while thrashing in my bed. 

"Aw man, I just can't think of it," I spoke to myself. I leaned on my side and watched the night sky. The moon was a mere crescent and the stars were scattered across the sky. I smiled. This sky seems so familiar, like I've seen this before.

I sat, watching the stars fly by as I sat on the front lawn of my friend's house. I was slightly wasted, and I did not even know how. My insides felt like they were burning and so did my throat. My vision was clouded and blurry and the stars looked as they were mashed into the dark sky. I groaned and tried taking deep breaths. 

"What the hell is wrong with me? I knew I shouldn't have drank from that punch bowl." I was disappointed in myself in being so naive and taking a drink someone offered me. The smile on his face wasn't a friendly one. 

"You ok?" I heard an unfamiliar voice call. I turned my head, or at least tried, to see the person who was speaking. I chuckled once I recognized the blurry face and voice. 

"I'm perfectly fine, Joshua," I stated with a small smile. I heard him take a seat beside me, but I didn't know how close he was sitting next to me. I didn't know Joshua too well, but I envied him with his good grades and perfect attitude. I wanted to have the optimistic attitude he always had, but even I had my break downs. 

"You don't seem too good. Look, how many fingers am I holding up?" In a blur, I saw him move his hand around. I scratched my curled hair. 

"Hmmm, uh, 6?" I stated, but it sounded more like question. I heard his laughter that hit my eardrums with a ring.

"Nice try, but it was 2." I shrugged, knowing it was wrong any ways. Soon, our conversation stopped and we were just staring at the night sky. I heard a muffled down of him getting up.

"You leaving?" I asked with an innocent face.

"Yeah, I'll wish us both luck for getting home safe tonight. Knowing us, our parents would kill us if they found out, but I hope we'll be safe."

All the memories came flashing back to me in a light and I clutched my head tightly, trying not to make any noises from the pain. I grunted slightly from the pain. I grabbed the cola can near my bed and chugged it slowly. Once the pain melted away slowly, I sighed in relief, then I chuckled slightly.

"I hope we'll be safe, huh, Joshua?" The irony was so real, the two people who didn't belong at the party and knew the dangers of it, were the ones who suffered the consequences. All for a night of fun. I sighed, drinking the rest of my cola. Maybe he's still awake, should I go see him and tell him. 

I slowly walked out of bed and onto the cold ground. 

I walked down the way where Joshua and I had both run into each other before. I saw him already sitting on a couch that was meant for people's loved ones visiting the patients. We locked eyes and I saw his eyes light up.

"Joshua!" I called out. He immediately stood up.

"Did you-"

"Have that-"

"Flashback?" We laughed as we completely each other's sentences. We sat in a complete silence, hearing as nurses and other patients walked by.

"Wow, who knew one stupid night could have led to us in a coma for 2 years, our parents worrying about us, and all of the people who were at the party too?" I started with a soft sigh. "We should have just called our parents and suffered than having them suffer over us." I heard the couch creak slightly as he leaned back. He coughed.

"Well, if we didn't do stupid things that night, we would have never run into each other two years later in the hospital." I scoffed. 

"Even until this day you're still optimistic, something I was always secretly jealous of." He chuckled.

"Really? You seemed so happy yourself." I shrugged.

"Yeah, I just didn't want people to worry about me." I leaned my head down, covering my face with my over-grown bangs. Joshua sighed and turned my head to his eyes.

"We can't turn back time and go back to that night, but let's think positively, we're still alive, our parents will forgive us. We never wanted things to turn out this way." His words repeated through my mind and I started to think of the situation differently. I heard the same creak in the couch as he stood. 

"Wait-" I jumped up. He looked slightly surprised but still listened. "We'll see each other again right?" I wondered. He cracked his perfect smile that melted away my worries.

"Of course, it would be weird if we didn't because of all we've been through together. I mean, fate did bring us together all these times."

I watched him walk through the white halls of the hospital. I laughed.

Fate does have a funny thing of bringing people together.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------

WHAT DID I WRITE? Was it dramatic enough? I have no idea but I wrote this scenario in the span of two days.

BUT, YO YO YO YO YO. PUNCH'S NEW MV WITH SILENTO CAME OUT CALLED SPOTLIGHT. I'M DYING, THIS KID IS GROWING UP SO FAST AND PUBERTY HIT HIM LIKE A FREAKING TORNADO.LIKE JOSHUA BETTER BLESS YOU PUNCH. CASUALLY TURNING UP ON MY COUCH AND IT'S SO FREAKING CATCHY, I'VE BEEN SINGING IT EVERYWHERE. HOLY COW. 

AND NCT'S MV IS COMING OUT TOMORROW, I SWEAR I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THEM SINCE THEY WERE RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC IN 2013 ALONG WITH MEMBERS OF RED VELVET. 

Ok, stopping with the all caps but I'm just so overwhelmed with feels because I've been waiting sooooooooo long for NCT to debut and now that they are, it feels so surreal, kinda like a dream. I'm not going to be salty that Johnny, Hansol, and Yuta aren't debuting and that I have no idea how these units are going to work out, but that's ok, I'm just excited I can finally see them somewhere else besides the SM building and one the streets. T_T

ANYWAYS, I hope you liked this scenario! :)

Thanks for requesting! :D

 

 

Gif not mine.