Congratulations Jooheon

Rookies Scenario Shop! (REQUESTS CLOSED)

tumblr_inline_nubhk5KysB1ryh0as_500.gif

 

For evearroz

Jooheon and Eve meet up at a coffee shop to reminisce about all the great times they had with each other in high school, but then Eve confesses her love for him ever since freshmen year, but Jooheon is already married.

OC Name: Eve Ryu (I made a last name because you just put R)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jooheon P.O.V.

"Hey, dude, what's up?" I said, picking up the phone. 

"Hey, dude, uh, I'm sorry, I can't hng out with you today, my mom is sick and I have to take care of her," I heard Changkyun say. I sighed.

"Oh, well, that's fine if it's for your mom," I said, understanding where he came from. I heard him sigh a sigh of relief. 

"That's great, bro, catch some other time, ok?" He asked. 

"Yeah, of course," I said hanging up. I sighed. I then went upstairs and saw my beautiful wife standing there. I saw her smile at me and kiss my cheek.

"Hey, husband, what are you doing up here? I thought you were going out with Changkyun," She said. I smiled at her.

"Yeah, his mom got sick, so he had to go take care of her," I explained. She nodded. 

"Aw, that kid was always so nice," She said. I smiled. 

"Yeah, anyways, since you're going out to work right now, I'm gonna go out by myself," I said. She nodded.

"Ok, have fun, don't be too bummed about Changkyun because I know you love him more than you love me!" She teased. I laughed kissed her on the lips.

"Whatever, I love you the most, Heeyoung," I said kissing her even harder. She pulled away. 

"Ok, ok, just go then, I need to get to work," She said leaving the house in a flash. 

Now I had to go get breakfast by myself. I grabbed my keys and left my house. I decided to go to one of my favorite coffee shops near my house. I started up my car and left to the 15 minute away destination. I decided to go look at the little shop next door. I knew it was Heeyoung and I's one year anniversary in a few weeks, and I needed to get something for her soon.

While I was looking through necklaces, I heard someone call me name in surprise.

"Jooheon!" A familiar voice called out in confusion. I turned around saw the familiar face. I smiled at her. "Wow, no way, it really is you," She said. I nodded.

"Yeah, wow, it's been a while, Eve Ryu," I spoke out her name. Eve smiled. 

"Yeah, it really has, it's been 4 years since we're been in high school," Eve stated. It turned silent for a bit. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked. I remember how our whole class was sad over the fact that Eve had to go move back to the states, where she had grown up. She chuckled.

"I just thought I would come back for some... purposes," She trailed off. I decided to not ask any more. "Plus, it helps that my favorite coffee shop is just next door," She joked. I laughed too.

"Hey, I was just about to go in there, how about we catch up over a coffee or something?" I asked. She smiled.

"That would be nice," She replied. We walked there together. Once we got in the sun, I saw how much she changed. She was no longer that cheerful, bubbly kid I talked to in high school. She was now a mature woman. I noticed her long hair down to her waist was now right above her shoulders. 

We sat down at a table after ordering.

"So, how's life been for you?" I asked her. She chuckled a bit and sighed.

"Well, where do I start? I just got a job at a lab that studies marine life and all that good stuff," She said. I nodded. I remembered how much she loved marine life. She told me that was the only reason why she joined the swim team, so try and be as fast as them. 

"Wow, that's great. I'm a lawyer now," I added. She nodded.

"Yeah, I remember how much you liked to talk in high school," She joked. I laughed knowing how I would always talk to her after our swim practices and we would hang out often. 

"Do you miss high school?" I asked suddenly. She smiled widely.

"Holy cow, you don't know how much I miss high school. After I graduated, it's been a bunch of roller coaster and ups and downs," She complained. I laughed.

"I feel the exact same way, being a lawyer is hard, especially when you lose a case you fought so hard for," I complained also. She nodded, agreeing with me. 

"Sometimes, I reminisce of the old times we used to have in high school," She spoke softly. I noticed her fallen expression while she sipped her coffee in peace. 

"Me too. I miss the days where we were all just young and wild. When we used to say what ever was on our minds and just be crazy," I said. She looked towards me. 

"I miss the times we all spent together in our friend group," She spoke. I nodded.

"Yeah, I miss going out to this coffee shop all the time and stay her until the owners kicked us all out," I said laughing. She laughed too.

"Don't forget the time where after swimming practice, we would go out to Korean BBQ and have Changkyun eat all of it," She added. I nodded and laughed remembering the times. "Do you still hang out with Changkyun?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, I actually talked to him this morning and we were gonna hang out this morning. But, his mom got sick and he couldn't make it," I explained. She nodded.

"Wow, high school friends last a long time. It would have been nice to see Changkyun here today though," She added. I nodded.

"Yeah, we could have half of our friend group back," I added. She nodded. "You know, I remember when you first moved here in the last year of middle school," I said. She laughed.

"I remember it too. I felt to scared and nervous. I probably looked like a wreck on the first day," She complained. I laughed. 

"To be honest, you kinda did!" I joked while we both laughed. 

"I remember worrying about how if the other students would make fun of me for my American accent, and things like not fitting in, in a new country," She said thinking back to the past. I nodded.

"Yeah, but then you joined the swimming team and became a social butterfly," I added. She nodded. 

"Yeah, I did," She said sighing. "The 8th grade was fun," She added. 

"It was, but I think freshmen year was the best," I argued. She laughed.

"Really? I didn't think so, I really liked senior year the most," She argued back. 

"Seriously? The last half of the year was so sad since we knew you were leaving," I said sadly. She frowned.

"Yeah, but it was just fun being on top of everyone," She explained. I leaned back in my chair.

"Yeah, it was fun," I agreed. I sipped on my coffee that had turned into just a bit warm instead of hot. 

"You know, Jooheon..." Eve started. I waited for her next words. "The reason why senior years was my favorite was because..." She trailed off.

"Because what?" I urged her on. She sighed.

"Because I was happy to leave," She admitted. I scoffed.

"Why?" I asked, very concerned and confused.

"Because," She stopped. "Because I didn't want to see you anymore," She admitted. I gasped mentally. I really wasn't expecting that. 

"W-why? Did I do something wrong?"

"No, it's because I liked you, and I hated being just friends," She confessed. My jaw dropped. I was completely shocked to hear those words leave . I sat in shock. "I liked you even since freshmen year when we started to get closer. I knew you didn't like me and you liked Ahyoung, and it hurt because you liked so many girls and next me," She confessed. We sat in an awkward silence for a while. The only sounds we heard were the sounds of other people laughing, talking, and people opening and closing the door.

"Do, d-do you still like me?" I questioned, not really wanting to hear the answer. She laughed slightly and nodded. I felt my world stop. 

"Yeah," She said while sighing. "No matter how foolish it is, you were the first guy who actually cared for me," She confessed. I felt myself go into shock. We sat in another silence, but this time I didn't really feel it. 

"I'm really sorry, Eve," I spoke. I heard her sigh.

"It's fine, I know you don't like me and all," She said looking to the side. 

"No, I mean, you're a great girl and you're gonna find someone someday that makes you happy, but, I'm already married-" I said. She cut me off.

"Holy , you're married!" She exclaimed. I nodded. I noticed her expression change. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry for confessing," She apologized. 

"It's fine," I said, I didn't really know what to say. It was silent again.

"But congratulations, she's a lucky lady," She congratulated sincerely. I nodded. 

"She is," I said. We then awkwardly said goodbye to each other.

"Well, it was nice seeing you again," Eve said awkwardly. 

"Yeah, I hoped I was see you again too after you left for the U.S.," I said. She nodded. "I hope you find your special someone, Eve," I said hopefully. She smiled and laughed.

"I hope so too."

We then waved each other off and left our separate ways. 

 

Eve Ryu P.O.V.

"Dammit, Eve, you always chase people away," I said to myself on the streets of Hongdae. I laughed. "Did you really think you had a chance?" I asked to myself. "Even after all these years, you've still never even had one boyfriend," I said to myself while kicking around some rocks. "You're so stupid, Eve," I commented while picking up the rock and throwing out.

"Ouch! Hey! You're gonna hurt someone with that!" I heard a familiar voice call out. I turned around to the direction I threw the rock in. 

"Changkyun?" I questioned. Aren't I just meeting all the boys from our high school now?

"Eve? Woah?  You look different," He commented right away. Hasn't changed. 

"Yeah, so do you," I commented back wittily. He laughed. 

"I guess we all changed after high school right?" He joked. 

"I actually just ran into Jooheon earlier," I told him. "He said you were taking care of your mom," I questioned. He nodded.

"Yeah, then my sister came home and I went over to Jooheon's house and he seemed too bummed to say anything and stuff." So he doesn't know I like Jooheon. "He told me you confessed to him," He added. I sighed and face-palmed myself. 

"Yeah, but after he said he was married, I'm sorta getting over it," I confessed. And for all the times I said that, I meant it the most that time.  

"Hey, you wanna catch up together and walk around?" He offered. I smiled.

"I would love to, but I'm sorta catching up out of it," I confessed. After meeting up with Jooheon, I'm too tired to say anything else about high school. I saw Changkyun smile.

"Then how about another time?" He asked smiling. I smiled back.

"I would love to." 

 

 

 

------------------------------

Yup, well, the ending was a bit different on how I imagined it, but I guess I sorta like happy endings or endings that leave off. PLUS CHANGKYUN'S HAIR IS RUINING MY LIFE AND BIAS LIST. WAIT THOSE ARE THE SAME THINGS. 

Anyways, I hope you liked this scenarios and ending! I didn't know whether to make it sad or sorta happyish because I like writing sad and depressing stuff, but usually while I read scenarios, I like having happy endings sooo....

And I sorta listened to a lot of Day6's album while writing this and their title track is Congratulations and it fit in the scenario, so just... that title though.

Anyways, thanks for requesting! :) 

 

 

Gif not mine.