Personal B.I.

Rookies Scenario Shop! (REQUESTS CLOSED)

tumblr_o7y35jtwV71qhuof1o2_500.gif

For JokerGirl143

When B.I. realizes he's in love with the school's most popular girl, Hyeji, but already knows she has a boyfriend. 

OC Name: Song Hyeji

​B.I.'s real name: Kim Hanbin

Bobby's Korean name: Kim Jiwon

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kim Hanbin 

I watched as Song Hyeji, the most popular girl in school, traveled down the school hallways. Her face lit up when she saw me. She waved.

"Hanbin-ah!" I smiled and waved back awkwardly. Hyeji was so persistent in becoming my friend when I first moved here at the beginning of the year. She kept talking to me, despite me pushing her away. Her cheerfulness and friendliness knew no limits. I soon let my walls down and became her friend half way through the year. 

"Hey, Hyeji." I felt my heart beat pick up as she grabbed my hand.

"Hey, so, how did you do on Mr. Park's assignment? I heard most of the class failed it." She pulled out a soda and drank it. I shrugged, trying to calm myself down.

"I got a B, fair enough for me at least. I'm glad I didn't fail, I did it last minute and stayed up until 3 AM typing up an essay I had no idea was about." She laughed loudly that echoed throughout the hallways. I laughed along with her. I felt more at ease with her around now. 

"Same, but I got an A on it!" She bragged, playfully punching me on the shoulder. I felt my heart jump at the sudden contact, and the pain. 

"Wow, what a surprise. Song Hyeji getting an A on an assignment that she did late at night. Woah." I waved my hands in the air sarcastically. She laughed even harder and slapped me on the chest. Ouch. But I'm not complaining at the contact. 

"Hey! I work hard for my grades! I also work hard for everything I have in life. That's why I have so many friends." I snorted. Hyeji always casually slipped in how popular she was, even when she told me that it gets tiring pretending to be nice to so many people, even when she's in the worst mood. That's one of the reasons I pushed her away in the beginning; Hyeji always got on my nerves when she joked around with basically everyone in the hallways and everyone in her classes. Her positivity reached everyone and made everyone happy, except herself. When I let my walls down was the day she told how much she hated keeping on a smile for everyone at school. She wanted to cry sometimes, be mad at someone, be mad at anything sometimes, but she always had to put up a front. I immediately felt sorry for the way I treated her and realized not everything is what it seems on the outside. 

"Yeah, you even have someone closer than a friend." I slipped in a mention of her boyfriend. She chuckled.

"I mean, I have best friends, AKA, you!" She nudged me to the side. Despite being so popular, she never really had a best friend that she could share everything with before me, at least that's what she told me. I caught myself before I fell and glared at her. 

"Or, I mean you have a boyfriend, Goo Junhoe." The name left my mouth with a bitter taste. She shrugged.

"Yeah, whatever, enough talking about me, let's have less talking and more getting me home for dinner. That student council meeting was way too long." She confessed. We walked to my car and she hopped in the passenger seat. She sighed happily. "Thank god I'm away from that school. I don't think I could go on smiling and waving at everyone I see." She groaned. I started up the car.

"Hey, you smiled and waved at me." I frowned. She laughed. 

"Ooops. You're an exception, Hanbin." The way she said my name sent butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I smiled immediately. 

"Aw, I'm so flattered. You know, if you didn't have a boyfriend." I don't know why I mentioned it so much. I wanted to say it was so she wouldn't forget, but it was also so I wouldn't. 

"Gosh, it's like you're obsessed with my boyfriend. Why don't you date him instead?" She joked, punching my arm. 

"Hey! Driving here. Anyways, first off, gross, he's not my type. Second, I don't take your leftovers." I stuck my tongue out at her at a red light. She snorted. 

"Sure, you probably couldn't even get him if you tried." Ouch, that kinda hurt, for no reason. But it's like she said I couldn't even get her if I tried. 

"Yeah right, Kim Donghyuk, the nerd of the century. I'm sure he likes the bad boys." I joked. She nudged me slightly, I was about to yell at her again for messing with the driver, but I saw her face. 

"Hey, he's not that bad." I immediately felt bad at my words. I knew how much she liked her boyfriend, I mean, it was obvious since they were in a relationship. I bit my lip.

"I didn't mean he was bad. I know he's a great guy, I was joking." The words felt bad to say, but I hated seeing her sad. It made me sad too, that's probably why I hated it. What hurts even worse is that I know Donghyuk is a great guy. Probably one of the best. He's smart, nice, president of the student council with Hyeji as vice president. He's nice, seriously, that kid always says hi to me in the hallways and I hate it. He's just way too nice to hate.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm just sensitive about him, I guess." At that last comment, we pulled into the driveway of her house. 

"It's fine, if I had a girlfriend, it would be the same." My heart broke because I realized that I wanted to be her boyfriend. I wanted to be the one she was sensitive about; I wanted to be the guy she defended against her best friend making jokes about him. She hopped out of the car. 

"Bye, Hanbin! See you later!" She called out while running into her home. I made sure she got in safely and left.

When I left, I got angry at myself. I sped to Jiwon's apartment. I parked my car outside and made my way up to his apartment. I punched in the code and walked in. I shut the door as I walked in. He was sitting in his living room playing the latest video game. He looked up and saw me. He didn't even look confused.

"Sup, dude. How ya been?" Jiwon was a grade older than me, so I never really saw him at school. I sighed.

"I'm in love with Hyeji." I stated. I got a coke out of the fridge, or his fridge. Jiwon paused his game and stared at me with a jaw dropped. 

"Wait. What?" He asked. He set down his controller. "Now I'm interested at how you fell in love with you lady best friend." He wiggled his eyebrows. I hit him with a pillow. 

"Shut up, you know she's dating someone." I mumbled sadly. He patted me on the back.

"Oh yeah, Kim Donghyuk, right? That really smart kid in your grade?" I nodded sadly. Everyone knew Donghyuk must have been the most perfect boyfriend. If I was a girl, I would want him to my boyfriend. Jiwon sighed and took a sip of my coke.

"What am I supposed to do, hyung? I can't hang out with her any longer knowing she loves someone else." I threw the pillow on the ground. He chuckled.

"Hey now, don't take your anger out on the pillow. It did nothing wrong." I glared at him. "Ahem, any way, what I believe you should do my man is tell her how you feel." I scoffed. 

"Are you kidding me? Tell her 'Hey, I love you. I love you so much it hurts and I want to be your boyfriend, but oh hey, you already have a boyfriend you love and cherish and is perfect and not a like me. K bye now.' Like, how great is that going to be?" I said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes.

"You know, kid-"

"Don't call me kid."

"Kid, high school relationships rarely make it out. I thought I was going to be with Ahyoung forever. We were the perfect couple during 3 years of high school, but after we got into college, things just didn't work out. I'm not sad anymore because it just didn't feel like it was going to work out in the long run, and we both knew that. But my friend, friendships are different. We're still friends. And you and Hyeji are friends. We share something deeper and more special. I'm saying that your relationship could really last in the long run. I know you're scared and all, but trust me, it's the right thing to do." I took in his words. I shook my head.

"Hyung, everything you're saying is right, but I just can't steal someone's girlfriend, that's just wrong. Plus, that would be mean to Hyeji who has to choose between him or me." Jiwon nodded.

"Well, I'm just saying that their relationship may not last forever. Just snatch her up when she's available," Jiwon advised before I got up to leave. 

"Thanks, hyung, but I should go home now. I wish I could live alone just like you do." Jiwon smiled.

"It's awesome, ain't it? Can't wait 'til you move in after senior year." I smiled widely. That would probably be the best part about college, living with Jiwon.

A week later, I woke up to a phone call Saturday morning. I groaned and groggily rolled out of bed to get my phone that somehow ended up on the ground.

"Hello?" I yawned. I immediately woke up when I heard Hyeji's voice.

"Hey, Hanbin. I know it's early, but can you come pick me up at my apartment?" She asked. My eyes widened, Hyeji rarely asked for anything. 

"Yeah, sure. Everything ok?" I asked, pulling on clothes. There was a long silence over the phone. 

"Donghyuk and I broke up." My breathing stopped momentarily. 

"I'll be right there." I threw on the nearest clothes to me and sped out of the door. I started my car right away and practically flew to her apartment. I saw her sitting on the sidewalk, waiting for me. She smiled at me. 

"Hey, you came pretty fast." She walked into the passengers seat and sat down." I sighed and gave her a sorry look. 

"Always. Where do you wanna go?" I asked. She shrugged.

"Let's just go somewhere to talk." I nodded and drove to the nearest park.

It was about 5 AM, so no one was here. Especially since no one comes to this park anymore. We got out of the car and sat in the grass. I waited for her to talk when we laid in silence. She took a deep breath. 

"So, we broke up last night." I nodded. "And I broke up with him." I was surprised at that fact. I opened my mouth to say something but she stopped me. "I know, I know, we were the perfect couple and that's what I thought and everyone thought, but I guess we were all wrong. It took me a while to realize this, but I realized we were almost too perfect." I snorted.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, it's stupid. But it's like we never shared anything personal with each other. We were all smiles and hugs, never even a kiss. We studied together, planned everything together, but it just didn't seem personal enough. It didn't hit me until I realized how much I didn't want to tell him, and when I realized I wanted to tell everything to you." I felt my heart stop. 

"I was just putting on a front to everyone at the school, nodding and agreeing when people told us we were perfect. I smiled when people told us we would be together forever. But all this fronting and joking and carelessness showed me that I never said anything personal to him. I didn't tell him how hard it was to keep faking it to all the people at school. I never told him my biggest secrets and all my mistakes in the past. I never really told him anything besides how good he looked or how awesome we were together." She chuckled.

"Our breakup was more sort of mutual I guess. We both saw it coming and it ended on good terms. He told me that he knew it would come to this to and that we should stay friends. He also told me that there's someone I tell these things too. Things I never shared with him before." She looked at me. 

"Hyeji, I'm sorry this happened, but I mean, it doesn't look like you're very sad or anything, and-"

"Hanbin, the reason why I called you out wasn't because I needed you to help me with my breakup, it was to tell you that." She took a deep breath. "That I love you, Hanbin." My heart stopped. I felt myself go a bit dizzy and I could barely sit up straight anymore. All I was thinking about is that she felt the same way. My dreams have been turned into a reality. "Hey, you ok?" She asked. I nodded. 

I heard her sigh and shift around. She was breathing heavily. 

"I know it sounds crazy, considering our history with each other. But at the same time, it isn't. For some reason, you're the only one I could share my true thoughts and feelings with. I've never shared anything with anyone besides you. My family doesn't even know I hate being so nice and happy all the time. It's like I never feel my emotions when I'm not around." She chuckled. "Crazy huh?" 

We sat with each other for a long silence. Me trying to get my thoughts together and her, probably keeping her feelings in check. I grabbed her hands, shocking her a bit.

"I-I love you too, Hyeji." I confessed. Her eyes widened. "I fell in love with the way you share your emotions to me only and the way you speak your thoughts when you're with me. When you were with Donghyuk, I hated how you guys were so perfect. I hated how you were sensitive about it him, I wanted to be that guy you shared all your try emotions with and I'm happy you feel the same way." She pulled me in a strong embrace and the only thing I regret was not hugging her first. I felt her shaking in my arms and I pulled her closer. 

"I love being personal with you." She spoke into my ear. I smiled.

"I love how I'm the guy who you can be personal with."

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------

Wow, I expected this to be a sad ending, but I just love happy endings way too much. I know how it feels to be let down by a sad ending... T_T

I hope you enjoyed this scenario! :D

Thanks for requesting! :)

 

 

 

Gif not mine.