Snowman

Drabblessss

“Let it go~ Let it gooooooooo~” Little Jaehwan sings excitedly and runs out from his house across the road to look for his favorite hyung.

Mama Hongbin is running behind his baby as well, afraid that accident will happen even though it just across the street and there isn’t any car on the street. *But hey! Who knows when will accident happens?*

“Baby! Don’t run!!!” Hongbin shouts loudly to warn Jaehwan but the kid is too excited to listen to him.

After few minutes, the kid reaches and standing in front of the door. Jaehwan keeps on jumping while putting his hand high up to reach the door bell but he is too short to do so. “Let me help you, baby” Hongbin says sweetly and earns a nod from the kid.

Mama Hakyeon opens the door in a few minutes later and welcomes them with a bright smile. “Where is hyungie???” Jaehwan asks cutely at Hakyeon while glancing around the living room. “He is in his room. Do you want me to call him or you want to get to him yourself?” Hakyeon asks and Jaehwan immediately says “I will go look for hyungie myself~”. With that, Jaehwan runs up to the stairs and once again ignore his mom’s warning of not running around.

*Knock knock* Jaehwan knocks the door softly to signify his presence. Although he wants to just burst into the room but his parents always teach him to be polite and respectful. “Come in” the owner of the room replies softly.

“Do you wanna build a snowman? Come on lets go and play~~~~~~” Jaehwan sings happily while entering the room and the owner of the room looks up from his toy and stares at the intruder. 

“Hwannie~” Taekwoon greets happily and walks over to hug the younger, ruffling the younger’s hair and mutters a soft “cute”. “Hyungieeee~ lets go out and play~ there’s a lot of snow outside. Let’s build a snowman!!!” Jaehwan exclaims excitingly and tugs the elder’s hand. Taekwoon immediately nods and says “Let’s ask permission of mommy and we will build our snowman, okay?”. Both of them skipping down the stairs happily while holding each other’s hand. They earn the permission easily as they can just play at the backyard and the adults always trust Taekwoon who is always responsible and protective towards Jaehwan.

Soon, both of them are wearing padded jacket with beanie to stay warm. The two kids are giggling non stop while building the snowman. Taekwoon even offers to get some carrot from the kitchen and Jaehwan dashes off to get some tree branches.

At some point of the time, they are so focus in making the snowman and stop talking or giggling, remaining silent for the whole time. Jaehwan is the first one who breaks the silence “hyungieeee” he whines and turns to his left to look for the elder. Taekwoon who hears the younger’s whine immediately turns to his right, the younger always is his priority.

“What’s wrong?” Taekwoon asks softly and putting down the snow in his hands. “Hwannie’s hands are freezing..” Jaehwan whispers sadly and shows his palms to the elder. Taekwoon only realizes that the younger has been playing with the snow without gloves for the past hour. “Silly.. why you didn’t wear your gloves..” Taekwoon says gently, not wanting to upset the younger, avoiding using a tone in which sounds like scolding.

Jaehwan pouts and whines “I’m so excited that I forgot to wear my gloves”. Taekwoon shakes his head lightly and holds the younger’s hand tightly in his hands. “Lets go in, okay? I don’t want my Hwannie gets sick” he says worriedly and blowing warm air into the younger’s palms like how his parents do to him when he is cold. Jaehwan pouts again and shakes his head, showing that he has no intention to go in and wants to continue playing.

Taekwoon sighs softly, “stubborn baby, here” he says and takes off his gloves. He quietly wears the gloves on the younger. Jaehwan blushes madly and says “But hyungie will be cold now… Why not we share the gloves?”, giving one of the gloves back to the elder. The elder kid smiles sweetly at the younger and takes the glove. Both of them continue playing happily and even start a snow war. During the whole time, both of them non stop blushing when they look each other in the eyes.

They only enter the warm house when it’s dinner time. Hakyeon invites Hongbin’s family to have dinner together since the kids are playing happily and not wanting to be separated and they are just neighbors. “Baby~ do you have fun?” papa Sanghyuk asks and ruffles Jaehwan’s hair. “Oh my… my baby’s nose looks like rudoff’s nose” Sanghyuk says and pinches his precious baby’s nose. Jaehwan only giggles and plays with his papa’s nose with his tiny hands.

When Jaehwan’s family is getting ready to go home, Jaehwan walks over and hugs Taekwoon tightly. “Let’s build snowman again tomorrow, hyungieee” he says with full a tone full of aegyo. Taekwoon smiles and pecks the younger’s forehead “okay, remember to wear gloves”. The younger nods and reaches out for a pinky promise which seal they play date for the next day.


Updateeeee! Enjoy reading ^.^