Part time job 4

Drabblessss

This is the part 4 of the Part time job series drabble. It has been some time I last worked on it. Enjoy reading!


Taekwoon is humming softly while watching the television. Finally, finally he can have some peace after playing the energetic kid Jaehwan for few hours. Speaking of the devil kid, the 4 years old Lee Jaehwan is taking his afternoon nap in his bedroom.

Taekwoon sighs in relieve as the kid finally feels tired and willing to take a nap. It has been about 4 months he be the babysitter for the kid, yet it seems like years. It doesn’t mean that he doesn’t like Jaehwan. He likes Jaehwan very much, the kid is always cheerful, kind, adorable and energetic, or way too energetic even the athlete Taekwoon exhausts and tired after playing with him even just for 1 or 2 hours.

The movie comes to an end but Taekwoon doesn’t really know how the story went. All he did during the movie was yawning, daydreaming, phone-scrolling. He glances at the clock, it has been 2 hours since little Jaehwan takes his nap. He should wake the younger now so that the kid can fall asleep at night.

He walks up the steps with quiet steps and reaches the kid’s room in few minutes. “Jae?” he calls softly as he enters the room. The figure on bed seems to hear him but chooses to bury himself further into his chopper doll. Taekwoon chuckles, the kid is always like this, despite being energetic and playful when playing, he is indeed a sleepy-head. He walks towards the kid and brings Jaehwan into his arm, carrying the kid to the living room.

“Jae, wake up” Taekwoon says while placing the kid on the sofa and shakes the kid lightly. “Hwannie is sleepyyyyyyy” Jaehwan whines with his eyes shut, showing no intention to wake up from his nap. Taekwoon sighs and walks to the kitchen, getting Jaehwan’s favorite juice in his favorite chopper cup.

“Hmm.. Since Hwannie doesn’t want to wake up, hyungie will finish this juice. Is that okay?” Taekwoon says cheekily while showing the cup in front of Jaehwan. The kid immediately opens his eyes and puts his hands high up while whining “Hyungie hyungie! Hwannie wants it. Hwannie wants juicey. Hwannie! Hwannie!”. Taekwoon chuckles, food indeed is a great bait for children. He places the cup in Jaehwan’s little hand and sits beside him.

“What Hwannie wants to do now?” Taekwoon asks affectionately and plays with the kid’s hair. The kid looks up with shiny doe eyes “Can we go to the field? Can Hyungie teach Hwannie how to play football?”.  Taekwoon smiles, he has mentioned to the kid before that he is a football lover and a part of the soccer team in his university but he doesn’t expect Jaehwan to remember and even asks him to play with him.

“Okay. But you have to promise hyungie that you will behave, okay?” Taekwoon asks and brings his pinky finger towards Jaehwan.

“Of cause! Hwannie is a good boy!” Jaehwan answer excitingly while lacing his small pinky finger with the adult’s much bigger one. 


How was it? Enjoy reading :)