Birthday

Drabblessss

Another kid!au 

Jaehwan: 5 years old

Taekwoon : 6 years old

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Umma???” Little Taekwoon spoke quietly from the backseat of the car.

“Yes baby?” his mom answered while took a look at Taekwoon from the rear mirror.

“Can we go to the mall this weekends? Woonie want to buy something….” Taekwoon answered with his usual soft voice and slight fidgeted from his seat. He is not one who will whine or beg to his parents to buy him something.

His mom was shocked at Taekwoon’s question because it was probably the first time that her quiet baby requested something like this. “What do you want to buy baby?”

“Hmm.. hmmmm.. hmmm…”

“Woonie?”

“Next Monday is Hwannie’s birthday.. I want to get him a present…” Taekwoon said quietly with a light blush on his cheek.

“Hwannie? Ahh.. Jaehwan? The little boy that you always play with? The one that Teacher Lee said you always took nap with?” His mom asked with a teasing tone while looking at the red-faced Taekwoon.

“UMMA!!” Taekwoon raised his voice to stop his mom from teasing him.

“Okay okay baby. We’ll go to the mall this Saturday okay?”

“Okay! I love you, umma!”

 

-Saturday-

“Baby, what you wanna buy? We have been wondering around for 1 hour and you practically rejected everything”

“But… Umma, I just want to get something nice for Hwannie” Taekwoon whispered and thought of the drawing that Jaehwan gave him few days ago. A simple drawing of both of them, holding each other’s hand. Jaehwan gave him and said “Woonie hyung~~ That’s Hwannie and hyungie.. Do you like it??”.

They entered a soft toy shop and Taekwoon started looking around to look for something that is nice and cute which complements Jaehwan’s character. His eyes then landed on a lion soft toy. ‘That’s cute.. Maybe I can buy him that lion.. Since he always says that I look like a lion when I wasn’t smiling…’ Taekwoon thought and stared at the lion soft toy.

“Baby, have you chosen anything?”

“Umma.. can we buy that?” Taekwoon answered and pointed at the toy.

“The lion? Of cause you can” His mom smiled and led him to the counter to pay for it.

 

-Monday-

“Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to Jaehwanie

Happy birthday to you”

All the kids at the kindergarten sang loudly and little Jaehwan was smiling so bright without noticing someone was missing from the crowd. Only when the kids one by one gave him a hug or present he only realized ‘Where is Woonie hyung? I’m sure I saw him earlier in the morning’. He unconsciously pout at the thought that Taekwoon have forgotten his birthday.

“Jaehwan a.. why do you look so sad? You supposed to be happy. It’s your birthday!!” little Hongbin exclaimed while taking a spoonful of cake.

“Ahhh.. it’s nothing….” Jaehwan replied quietly.

 

-Later of the day-

Jaehwan was found sitting his favourite spot at the playing mat with an obvious pout.

“Why do you look so sad and alone here?” here came the voice that little Jaehwan have been wanting to hear for the day.

“Because Woonie hyung forgot Hwanie’s birthday.. Hyungie didn’t sing birthday song for Hwanie.. Hyungie doesn’t like Hwanie anymore..” Jaehwan spoke softly while his tears was falling and even dropped on the mat.

Taekwoon saw and quickly walked over and wiped off the tears.

“Hyung didn’t forget your birthday.. Woonie hyung wouldn’t forgot Hwanie.. I’ve promised that hyungie wouldn’t go anywhere isn’t it?”

“But.. hyungie….” Jaehwan’s tears was still falling uncontrollably and his eyes became puffy.

Quietly, Taekwoon gave Jaehwan the lion soft toy that he bought the other day.

“Hyung?”

“Happy birthday, Hwannie.. this is your birthday present..”

“So hyungie didn’t forgot about Hwanie’s birthday?”

“Silly.. If I forgot then you wouldn’t get any present isn’t it?”

Taekwoon said with a smile and wiped off the tears with his handkerchief.

There was a few minutes of silence and Taekwoon thought that maybe Jaehwan was really sad or he didn't like the present.

“It’s so cute and cuddly.. Just like you, hyung!!!!” Jaehwan exclaimed and broke into a wide smile.

He gave a big hug to Taekwoon and said “Thank you hyungie… Hwanie loves hyungie so muchhhhhh!!!!” and a peck was landed on Taekwoon’s cheek.

Taekwoon was blushing and replied with a stuttered “You.. You.. You’re welcome”.

“This lion is so cute~~~ I’m going to name it as Leo~~~~” Jaehwan smiled cutely and hugged the soft toy closed to his chest.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! Another chapter was up since I have the inspration to write and I'm having my sem break from university. hehehe

I think it's slightly longer than my previous posts.. I have tried hard to make it longer and more interesting and I hope you all won't find that this is boring. Thank you :3