Siblings Pt.2

Drabblessss

Siblings!au Kid Jaehwan and big brother Taekwoon!!


Little Jaehwan giggles happily as he is playing with this elder brother.

Taekwoon smiles fondly at his little brother. The kid is so cheerful, just a simple little trick can amaze him. Jaehwan always looks up at him with bright, innocent eyes. He swears that he will protect his little brother with all his might. Before Jaehwan is borned, he always used to volunteer to work at the nearby daycare center because he always loves kids. Ever since Jaehwan came, he spends most of his free time taking care of his younger brother.

“Hyungieee~ will Jaehwannie be as tall as hyungie when I grow up?” Jaehwan asks as he sees his brother is standing in front of the book racks on his long legs while choosing a story book for the younger.

“You will. If you finish all the vegetables and sleep earlier” Taekwoon replies with a smiles, settles down beside the kid, getting ready to start read the younger a story.

“But vege does not taste good, Hwannie hates it~~~~” Jaehwan whines and clings to his brother.

“You have to.. If not you will not grow as tall as hyung” Taekwoon explains and pats his brother’s head.

“Fine” Jaehwan huffs and pouts, feeling that its unfair. Why good food does not taste nice?

Taekwoon chuckles and pulls his brother onto his laps, so that the younger can leans against his chest while reading the story book.

“Sweetiesss!” their mother calls as she enters the room.

“Umma!” Jaehwan greets cheerfully with a wide smile.

“Its good to see that both of you are spending time together” their mother says with a smile.

Taekwoon nods and says “I have been busy for the past few weeks for assignment. Finally I have some free time now. I miss playing with my cute brother” while ruffling his brother’s hair. Jaehwan giggles again.

“Taekwoon, I need your help tomorrow” their mother says and stands in front of the brothers.

Taekwoon looks up while Jaehwan is still busy playing with his brother’s long fingers. The younger even plays peekaboo with his brother’s large hand.

“Umma has some errands tomorrow. Can you pick your brother from the kindergarten tomorrow after class? Your timetable is matching, right?” their mother asks, can’t help but smiles at his younger son’s cuteness.

Taekwoon nods and says “Sure. Its on my way back as well”.

“Sweetie. Tomorrow your Woonie hyung will pick you up instead of umma. Is that okay?” Their mother asks with a smile while squatting down and looks at his cute son.

“Really? Hyungie will come? Really really?” Jaehwan asks excitedly and looks up at his brother while blinking his eyes.

“Are you that happy?” their mother asks while chuckling.

Jaehwan nods and says “it has been a long time hyungie comes and pick me.”

“Then there isn’t any excuse for me to skip. Tomorrow wait for hyungie at school, okay?” Taekwoon asks his brother who is showing him a pretty smile.

Jaehwan nods and holds out his pinky finger, “Hyungie can’t be late, okay?”

Taekwoon laughs and nods. Its impossible for him to be late to pick up his brother. For the past 3 years, he never breaks any promise with his brother.

---- The next day ----

“Hyungie~~ Hwannie will wait for you~ Hyungie can’t be late, okay?” Jaehwan asks for the last time before he leaves home to the kindergarten. Taekwoon nods and pecks his brother’s forehead, watching his brother gets into the car while smiling.

-- In the highschool --

“Students. Today you all have to stay for extra half an hour after class. We will have a discussion for your upcoming assignment” the teacher announces and gains loud groans from the students.

Taekwoon stays still for a second. Wait. Half an hour. That’s mean I will be late. I will not make it in time to pick up Hwannie. Umma is unavailable as well. Taekwoon sighs. Maybe today will be the first time he breaks his promise with his brother. If I leave immediately after the extra class and runs to the kindergarten, it will takes around 15 minutes. but its half an hour after Hwannie finish his class. He will be safe as long as he is at the kindergarten area tho. Taekwoon thinks and decides to just let it be and leaves his school as fast as possible after finishing the extra class.

It’s 1 pm, Jaehwan already finishes his class. He is now sitting at the yard, chatting with his best friend, Sanghyuk, another cute little kid at the kindergarten.

“Jaehwannie. Where is your mommy?” Sanghyuk asks as Jaehwan’s mother is always on time picking up him.

“Umma is busy today. Hyungie will come pick me” Jaehwan replies happily, feeling excited for being able to be with his elder brother.

Both the kids look up as they hears a car honks. Sanghyuk beams happily as he sees his father in the car in front of the kindergarten entrance. “Jaehwanie! We will play together tomorrow, okay?” Sanghyuk says, gathering his bag and water bottle to leave. Jaehwan nods happily and waves his best friend good friend after giving the other a hug.

“Where is hyungie..” Jaehwan says sadly to no one. His friends have left, leaving him alone at the yard. His teacher asks him to wait inside but he insists that he wants to wait for his brother at the yard.

Jaehwan starts to tear up, thinking that his brother has forgot about him, leaving him alone.

At the same time, Taekwoon is running at his full speed. ! I’m late. Damn it! Why Mr Lee has extra class today? He curses and keep running, knowing that his brother must be upset because he is late.

He slows down a bit to catch his breath when he almost reaches the kindergarten. He then rushes in, immediately spots his brother who is sitting alone at the yard, hugging himself.

“Hwannie!” Taekwoon says as he approaches his brother.

Little Jaehwan immediately stands up as he hears his brother’s voice. He then runs into his brother, hugging his brother’s long legs.

“Hwan.. Hwannie is scared. Hyung.. Hyungie leave Hwannie alone” Jaehwan sniffles when his brother carries him.

“Hyungie is sorry. Hyungie has extra class today. Hyungie will not forget Hwannie” Taekwoon says and pats his brother’s back lightly.

“Promise?” Jaehwan asks and looks at his brother. The younger always has the tendency to ask for promise because he feels the assurance after the promise.

Taekwoon nods and pecks his brother’s nose.

“Yayyyy!!” Jaehwan exclaims happily and circles his tiny arms around his brother’s neck.

“Hyungie~ Hwannie wants ice cream” Jaehwan says, small finger pointing at the ice cream shop nearby.

Taekwoon contemplates for a second, their mother always refrains Jaehwan from having too much sweet. The kid is already full of energy, and it will be worse if there is sugar rush.

However, Taekwoon is not a sweet brother for no reason. Of cause he is unable to reject his brother, not when Jaehwan gives him the cute puppy eyes.

“Hyungie will buy you ice cream. This will be a secret between us okay?” Taekwoon asks and winks at his brother.

Jaehwan giggles happily while chanting “Ice cream! Ice cream! Ice cream! Hwannie likes ice cream!!!”.

Taekwoon smiles and enters the ice cream shop with his cute brother who is still in his arms.


Enjoy reading :D