Ri-In, everything will be okay

I wanna be more than friends

Ri-In's point of view

The hospital called me a week later to talk about the surgery. Junsu didn't notice anything I hoped.

As I left to the hospital, Junsu texted me.

From: Dolphin/Su

Innie! Let's go out on a date later! Is 5:00 okay?

I texted him back.

Sure. Surprise me on where we're going. :)

As I arrived at the hospital, I noticed some people at a center that looked like they were feeling something. I then noticed that the people didn't move their eyes at all.

*Am I going to be like that soon?* I thought.

"Those people are learning to read braille." A voice said behind me. It was a nurse.

"Oh, life must be really hard for them." I murmured.

"It is. But we're here to help them get through in life. We want to support them in their times of need." the nurse said.

She then showed me to the doctor's room.

"Annyeong." I greeted him.

"Hello Ms. Jang." He told me to sit.

"So about the surgery, there's 85 percent chance that it would come back. The surgery is a little costly too. It's 70,000 won."

I zoned out. *85 percent. Chances aren't that high. Do I even have any money? Ottoke?*

"Ms. Jang?" The doctor brought me back.

"Oh I'm sorry. Ummm I will try to get the money to do the surgery."

"Have you told your parents about this?" the doctor asked.

I shook my head. "They'll have to find out soon. You should get help from them. Here's a package about futher information about the surgery."

"Neh. Thank you doctor." I bowed and left to go to the bank.

I checked my account to find that I had 30,000 won. *40,000 won left to go.*

I sighed. I looked at my phone to realize it was 4:30!

I rushed home and looked for something to wear.

"Ring ding dong!" the doorbell rang. I opened the door to see my loving Oppa.

*Be still, my beating heart!*

"Ready to go?" he asked me.

"Yep." I followed him to his car. We talked while he drove until we arrived at a hill. There was no one else there.

"Are we having a picnic?" I asked. I could see the beach from here.

"That's not all~~" he sang. He got a picnic basket out with a blanket.

"Jaejoong helped me with the food." Junsu said sheepishly.

"Aigoo.... you're way too cute. You know that?"

"I know, babe." He said smiling.

He set the blanket down and opened the basket up. It was my favorite chinese korean food kimchi but also chinese food like orange chicken and chow mein. It made me homesick.

"Awww Su..... you're so sweet."

"Thanks Baby. Go try it."

I took a bite of it and squealed with delight. "It's so delicious!"

Junsu beamed and said, "You like?"

I nodded and continued to eat.

"Oh! Oppa, I forgot, I was supposed to give you the research papers for history."

I got my purse and tried to get it out, but everything fell out, including the package.

"What's this?" Junsu questioned. He opened it up and I couldn't manage to take it back. "Give it back!"

He started to read it. *Oh no!*

He suddenly had a serious face on and turned to face me.

"Jang Ri-In. You have eye cancer? Why didn't you tell me!" He shouted out of anger. I had never seen him like this. I was afraid. All I could do was be silent.

"Wae? Why didn't you tell me?" he repeated.

"I didn't want you to worry." I whispered.

"How could I not worry! You're my girlfriend! I have every right to be worried about you. Now you're having sugery.... Aish!" He made a face I haven't seen before. "Ri-In. How much money is the surgery?"

"70,000 won." I said.

"I'll pay it for you."

"Aniyo! Oppa, I can't let you do that."
-----------------------------------------
Junsu's point of view

"Why not? I bet you don't have enough money for it. If you don't want to turn blind, then me paying for the surgery is the only option."

Ri-In turned melancholy out of nowhere. "No wonder you suddenly got glasses. You had 20/20 vision." I sighed.

"Oppa, there's a 85 percent chance that it would come back after the surgery. If that happens, I could go blind permanently." Ri-Inbroke down.

I couldn't stand it when she cried. "There there. I said hugging her. "Ri-In, everything will be okay. Oppa will love you no matter what happens. I'll never leave you."

She cried some more. "Ri-In, babe. I'll always love you. Even if you turn blind. Oppa will allways be here. Araso?"

She just nodded. I then noticed the sunset about to arrive. *Yes! Just as I planned.*

"Babe. Look at the sunset." I pointed at the glowing yellow ball of fire.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Ri-In sniffled.

"Not as beautiful as you." I responded.

Ri-In blushed a deep pink.

*Ri-In ah, I promise you , I won't go back on my word.*