Back to Korea?

I wanna be more than friends

Your point of view

"Hey, you !" yelled my friend Melissa. "Someone was smoking and left a cigarette in room 204, and now a fire's starting!"

"Who the hell would forget to put it out?" I told her irritatedly. How inconsiderate.

Even though people thought I smoked, I was not too fond of smoking or anyone who smoked. I'll never understand the appeal of it.

We were in the courtyard, and we could see smoke rising from a window in the high school. Our entire school building was burning down! We ran to the fields where everyone else was. Luckily no one was inside. Everyone got out before it started spreading like crazy. Before you know it, the building collapsed.

I watched it crash like that in horror. 2 and 1/2 years of being here made me realize how sentimental I was feeling. The teachers and staff started crying.

My friends were getting pissed. They wanted to beat the  out of whoever forgot to put out the cigarette. The firefighters came a little too late.

*What great heroes they are.* I thought as the sirens were being heard throughout the city. I lived in Portland, Oregon, which was a pretty big city.

The police questioned everyone. Of course, they came to my friends and me first. We were known as T4, which stood for tough 4. It was me, Melissa, Amy, and Jen. Even though we were juniors, everyone, even Seniors, feared us. We never fought anyone that often. It was just our appearance that scared them.

"Do you know who left the cigarette there?" asked an officer.

"No idea," I replied. I wouldn't say I liked the police. Not that I had anything to hate or resentment towards them... They just annoyed me.

"Okay then. Thanks for your help." He said and went to talk to my homeroom teacher.

My younger brother Henry was questioned too. He was just a freshman, so he had nothing to do with it. To think that the fire happened right after winter break really pissed me off. The two of us went home, and my parents found out already because we were on the news. My parents wanted to tell us something, so we listened because it seemed important.

"What's up, Dad?" Henry questioned.

"With the school burning down, this was a perfect coincidence to tell you. We decided to move back to Korea." My dad said.

"What? How could you decide so quickly like that?" Henry prompted.

"Back to Korea?" I asked as memories of my past in Korea flashed through my mind. That meant I could see...

Jaejoong.