Someone New

Best Friends

Taemin had met a lot of people in his life and generally liked meeting new people. Meeting people was a chance for him to gain a new friend, which he didn’t have much of. He liked meeting new people under good circumstances whether it is sudden or a planned meeting.

He never thought he’d meet someone in a janitorial supply closet, pressed up against the very toned, muscular chest of a very popular high school senior.

It had happened when Taemin was running from a group of bullies who wanted to drag him to the bathroom where they would beat him up and stick his head in the toilet. Taemin had felt what it was like once and had no intention of experiencing it again. He had ran as fast as he could, running right into a student who recognized as a senior but couldn’t remember the name of him.

The senior, realizing what was going on, grabbed Taemin’s hand and lead him into the nearest janitor closet, pressing a hand to Taemin’s mouth to keep him quiet. They had heard the group of bullies run by but knew they should probably stay hidden for a few more minutes.

It was dark in the closet but the light peeking in through the slit in the door allowed him to see the smile on the senior. He couldn’t help but think the student looked like a puppy.

“Hi,” the senior whispered, “You okay?”

Taemin nodded but whispered a small, “Yes,” for good measure since it was dark.

The senior nodded in response, “That’s good. What’s your name?”

“L-Lee Taemin,” Taemin responded, “I’m sorry, I don’t remember yours.”

The senior chuckled under his breath, his grin widening. “My name is Kim Jonghyun. I’m the leader of the male choir club.”

Kim Jonghyun. Taemin smiled as he continuously said the name in his head, memorizing it. “Thanks for helping me,” he said gratefully.

“No problem. You think it’s okay to leave now?” Jonghyun asked, pressing an ear to the closed door.

Taemin shrugged, turning the knob on the door to peek out. He didn’t hear nor see anyone so he slipped out of the closet, motioning for Jonghyun to follow. Jonghyun hopped out of the closet, shoving his hands into his front pockets, grinning widely.

“That was fun,” he said, chuckling. “Say, what grade are you in?”

“Tenth,” Taemin said timidly. He was sure Jonghyun wouldn’t be his friend since he was popular and a senior.

But to his surprised, Jonghyun did indeed want to be friends with him. Jonghyun had given Taemin his cell phone number before winking at him as walking to class.

Taemin felt his face turn hot. No one had ever winked at him before but he thought it was only in a friendly way—there was no way Jonghyun wanted to be his boyfriend. The man probably wasn’t eve gay for crying out loud.

“Kim Jonghyun…,” Taemin whispered as he walked to class, enjoying the sound of the name.

Out of all the new people he had ever met, besides Kai, Jonghyun was his favorite. He liked this new person who had just entered his life.

 


 

Haha, new character! See that? ;D

Thank you to everyone who is subscribed to this story and thanks for the lovely comments. I probably wouldn't have made it to 65 chapters without you guys! :D -hugs you all-