Search

Best Friends

 

It was a very rainy day and Kai couldn’t quite tell if it was the wetness getting him down that day or it was Jonghyun and Taemin cuddling on the couch in the living room. Or maybe it was a combination of the two that was making him sulk in the corner while a movie played on the TV. He wasn’t really watching the show and neither were his friends, who were whispering in each other’s ears.

Just the sight of the two was making him feel lonely. He really wanted a girlfriend.

He vaguely wondered if Hyemi was….working today. His gaze drifted to the window which showed the harsh downpour of rain and wind, making him shiver. He hoped she wasn’t getting rained on. Then she would definitely get sick and…well, from that one time that he had met her, he thought she could be really nice so he didn’t want her to be unwell.

Worry started to settle in him as he continued to watch the rain fall. He was starting to become tempted to go out and try to find her to make sure she was alright. It was really cold outside…

Eventually he caved, standing up and grabbing his jacket.

“Kai…where are you going?” Taemin asked when he noticed Kai putting his shoes on.

“Out. I’ll be back later. I just want to go outside,” Kai mumbled as he tied his shoelaces.

“But it’s cold out…are you sure you wanna go?” Jonghyun reasoned, biting his lip. Going outside in the ugly weather just seemed so unappealing.

Kai shrugged. “I’ll be back,” was all he said as he walked out the door, an extra coat in his arms as he exited the house.

Taemin looked uneasy as his friend left. “We didn’t make him uncomfortable, did we?” he asked to himself unsurely.

Jonghyun shrugged, hoping they didn’t.

The two on the couch now instantly felt bad for somewhat ignoring their younger friend.

Outside in the rain, Kai was walking around town. His first stop was the convenience store where he first Hyemi. He wondered what she was wearing—probably not much since she was a e but he hoped at least she was wearing pants today. If she was then they’d probably be very tight but they’re pants at least.

Kai shook his head furiously—he shouldn’t be thinking about her attire. He would’ve liked it if she was wearing layers and had no skin showing at all. That was more preferable to him. What does it matter? They weren’t together or anything. He had no say in what she wears.

Kai didn’t understand why she doesn’t get a real job or anything…this was actually starting to upset him. She could become a barista or even janitorial work would be better than selling her body.

She wasn’t at the convenience store corner nor was she anywhere else on the nearby streets.

Kai walked around town a little while longer, but found no trace of her. He didn’t really know if that was a good thing or not, but he assumed that she probably wasn’t out in the cold getting rained on or at least he hoped not. She was probably at home doing chores or something. That or she was…with a client, but Kai didn’t want to think about that.

He hoped Hyemi wasn’t with a client.

He imagined her at home cooking herself a tasty bowl of ramyun and watching TV or listening to music. Maybe she was reading a book.

She just couldn’t be with another man.

He didn’t like that.

Kai gave up on his search and returned to Taemin’s house where the couple was watching cartoons. Jonghyun and Taemin questioned him on where he went, but Kai didn’t answer them. Instead he plopped down on the floor with a sulky expression and glued his eyes to the television screen.