The Letter

Best Friends

 

Kai was bored. Taemin was busy with Jonghyun and SaeJin of course lived just far enough where he couldn’t see her every day, especially on school nights. He wasn’t doing anything in particular, just lounging on the floor while listening to music.

Other times, that may have been a good time to think about things—anything in general, but he didn’t feel like doing that now. It would hurt his brain too much.

Kai’s mother came into his room, chuckling when she saw her son lying on the floor. “Sweetie, why don’t you go grab the mail for me,” she suggested, hoping to relieve his boredom to some extent.

Sighing heavily as he hauled himself to his feet, he hugged his mother as he passed her and headed out the door, walking to the mailbox at the end of their driveway.

He pulled the mail out, skimming through the different envelopes—bills, advertisements, a letter from his aunt. Then something caught his eye as he looked at the last envelope at the bottom of the stack in his hands. Kai swore his heart stopped.

It was a letter addressed to him.

With the SM Entertainment logo in the corner.

This was…this was it?

Holy .

Kai ran back inside, tossing the unimportant stuff on the table and shaking his hands as he stared at his letter once more. He was afraid to open it. What if it said he didn’t make it? What if it said he did?

Kai took a deep breath before yelling at himself to open the damn letter. For better or for worse, he still had a plan if things turned out bad or if they turned good. He carefully opened the envelope, pulling out the folded letter.

Then he read it and swore he could barely breathe, tearing springing to his eyes as he hardly contained his sobs. 

 

 


I was going to update a couple more times today to make up for the days I missed, but I need to run to the hospital quickly now so I'll be back to daily single updates starting tomorrow. 

See you guys tomorrow. Anticipate the next chapter.