Mr. Gu

Best Friends

 

Elves.

Elves everywhere.

They’re little, beady eyes staring at you everywhere you look.

The creepy little grins they wore were incredibly unsettling.

Taemin really wanted to get out of this classroom.

Mr. Gu was the most peculiar teacher Taemin ever had. His crazy elf obsession made Taemin feel uncomfortable; Taemin had even had a few nightmares about it. Mr. Gu was convinced these elves were real.

Taemin was convinced his Math teacher belonged in a mental institution.

Taemin currently sat at his designated seat, staring back at the unsettling elf face staring back at him. He gulped nervously before turning his sight back to his textbook. He tried to work on the problems but he couldn’t concentrate.

“Taemin, is something the matter?” Mr. Gu asked him, walking over to his desk.

“N-No, sir.”

“You sure? No questions?”

“Er…well…is it really necessary to have all these elves around? They’re kind of distracting…,” Taemin asked, almost nervous of his teacher’s answer.

And there was reason to be nervous.

“That is very insulting. See, I have to worship these elves. If I don’t worship these ones, the real ones are going to come into my home and eat my toes. How dare you say they are distracting? If you’re not careful, they’re going to eat your own toes.”

Taemin nodded obediently and quickly buried his nose in his textbook. He couldn’t wait until this class was over.

And he worried about his toes.