First Day of 7th Grade

Best Friends

 

Summer had come and gone, and all too quickly it was already time for the new school year. The beginning of September was a time Kai and Taemin were excited about; they were going to be middle school students. Now that the time had actually arrived, they were already feeling less excited but not completely discouraged.

 

They two had walked to school together, waking up extra early so they could meet up. All bundled up in their coats, they made their way to the building, running in to escape the cold. They followed the various signs to the gym, holding hands the entire way for support.

 

They entered the loud gym, filled with the new seventh graders and teachers, along with a few upperclassmen.

 

“Let’s get in line,” Kai said, tugged on Taemin’s hand pulling him over to the line to get their schedules. It went fairly quickly and soon the two had their new schedules in hand.

 

“Yah, quickly, let me see your schedule!” Taemin said, grabbing Kai’s schedule and comparing. After double checking carefully, he frowned and sighed. “This year is gonna ,” he whined sadly, handing back Kai’s schedule.

 

“What?! Are you serious?! We have nothing together?” Kai exclaimed, completely shocked.

 

Taemin grimaced and nodded solemnly. “It ,” he said but shrugged it off the disappointment. “But don’t worry, we have lunch together!”

 

“What, really?!” Kai exclaimed, suddenly excited again.

 

Taemin laughed and nodded. He pointed to the lunch time listed on Kai’s schedule and explained, “The time is the same on mine.”

 

“Awesome!”

 

“Can everyone please take a seat in the bleachers so we can begin orientation?” a man who looked to be the principal requested, talking into a microphone.

 

Taemin and Kai quickly took a seat in the third row, listening to the boring drone of the principal. After what seemed like hours, they were finally allowed to venture off to look for their classes. They walked together until they reached the second wing building where they had to part.

 

Kai’s first period was life science, located in room 209. He walked into the room and took a seat in the far right corner in the front row. The room was covered in posters plants and the insides of the human body. The teacher sat at her desk, silently greeting people with a smile.

 

Students slowly trickled into the room and soon everyone was seated, chattering excitedly about the school. The teacher stood in front of everyone, smiling nicely. She was fairly young and very attractive. She was a good height, assumingly just over the average female height. She had long, dark brown hair with a little wave in it. She was beautiful.

 

Kai could feel his heart flutter a little.

 

“Welcome to life science, everyone. My name is Miss Shin and this will be my third year teaching. I hope we can all get along and have a great year together,” she said brightly.

 

Kai was glad he picked the front row.

 

“This year,” she continued, “we will be covering photosynthesis, cell structure and function, cell division, DNA and heredity, evolution and genetic variation, classification, and ecology. As you can see, there are many posters and articles about these topics in the room so feel free to take a look when you have time.”

 

Miss Shin walked over to the corner where Kai was in and opened the cabinet that was near his desk and pulled out a stack of blank name tags, setting them on his desk. “Please take one and pass it around. Once you have one, please write your name. I learn names pretty slowly so I hope you can be patient with me,” she said as she walked back to the front of the room.

 

Kai did as he was told, smiling to himself.

 

He was going to enjoy this class.

 

 

 

Over in Taemin’s math class, he knew he was going to be struggling this year. Math really wasn’t his strong suit but the work wasn’t what had him nearly as worried as he was about his teacher, who was proving to be a troublesome matter.  It’s not like he was mean or anything; he was just crazy. Like, really weird.

 

Mr. Gu was a middle aged man who had a bald spot and wore glasses, and even a yellow tie. Seemed like a stereotypical, old math teacher. Well, that wasn’t quite what you would call weird. No, it was the fact that he very obviously was obsessed with elves.

 

Taemin found it very unsettling with the small elf figurines on his teacher’s desk, the bookshelf, and various other spots of the room. Even the 2-by-2 inch picture of an elf taped to the desks.

 

He really didn’t want to be in this classroom anymore.

 

 

 

By the time lunch rolled around, the two best friends just couldn’t wait to eat and sit together. Kai was just itching to tell Taemin about his day so far but even more so about his attractive science teacher. Taemin on the other hand just wanted to be with Kai and forget about his morning and the weird math teacher.

 

“So how old do you think she is?” Taemin asked curiously, interested in the woman his best friend was crushing on.

 

“I’m thinking between twenty four and twenty six,” Kai guessed, eyes practically sparkling.

 

Taemin couldn’t help but stare at him in amusement, shaking his head. Kai was sounding so strange to him but it was funny to Taemin. This was Kai’s very first crush and it was cute.

 

Taemin couldn’t wait to .

 

Lunch ended all too soon and the two went back to their classes. Kai’s day went on with his smile never leaving. He liked the classes he had and he had a feeling he was going to excel this year. Taemin was the one who felt down about it all. He really didn’t like his classes. He knew this next year was going to be a lot of work but at least he had Kai to help him.

 

By the end of the day, the two tiredly walked back home talking about their days, both so ready to just sit in front of the TV and play video games.

 

Seventh grade was sure to be an interesting year. 

 

 


sorry it took so long, busy weekend!!! 

please comment and subscribe!