Thinking

Best Friends

 

“Kai, I have a question,” Taemin started as they walked to school together after spending the night at Kai’s house.

“Oh no, a question,” Kai answered sarcastically, but permitted a question to be asked since it would surely be answered. “Sure.”

“Um…Well you know graduation will be rolling right around the corner before we know it…”

“Yeah…?”

“And then next fall, we’ll be in college,” Taemin continued, sounding nervous. “What I’m getting at is…What do you want to do?”

“What do to?” Kai asked. “Like…what college to go to or career wise?”

“The second one,” Taemin confirmed.

Kai pursed his lips in thought. To be honest, he hadn’t really thought much about it. He was actually a little afraid of growing up and planning what he wanted to do in life. He just wanted to be Kai.

“Hyung…I don’t know. What do you want to do?” he asked his elder friend, wanting to hear his plan.

“Um, well…I have two thoughts actually…”

“And those are…?” Kai pressed on.

“…I either want to enter to do forensic psychology or teach Korean,” Taemin said confidently. “I like both of those ideas, but I just don’t know what to do.”

“Hm, well,” Kai said, “I think you would be a good teacher to be honest, but I’m not going to choose your career for you,” he laughed.

“I suppose I still have time to think about it more,” Taemin admitted, smiling. “You should be thinking about it thought. What you want to do, I mean.”

“I know,” Kai sighed. “I just….don’t know what I would be good at.”

“Well, you know how to juggle. You could enter the circus,” Taemin chuckled, poking Kai’s shoulder playfully.

“I don’t think my parents would go for that.”

“Hm…Japanese? Become a translator?” Taemin suggested.

“Maybe…,” was all Kai gave as he continued walking.

“….Dance? Oh! You could audition for SM or JYP or YG or LOEN or or or….Jellyfish Entertainment!” Taemin gasped excitedly. “You could be famous, Kai! You dance so well!! You can even sing well! You could learn how to rap! What do you say?!”

“Well, I’m glad to see you’re excited about the idea,” Kai laughed aloud at his friend yet he sighed still. “I just don’t know. I suppose I’ll have to think about it more.”

“Well you better think quickly.”

“I know…”