Ninth Grade

Best Friends

 

Ninth grade; officially in high school. Both Taemin and Kai had attended the orientation on the first day but today was their first day of real classes, and they happily found out the previous day that they had P.E., English, and Math together. They were very excited to attend their homeroom class together, both sitting beside one another.

“I hope we don’t get assigned seating,” Kai hoped aloud, practically jumping in his seat.

Taemin was more relaxed and less excited about the whole ‘another-year-of-school’ thing but smiled to Kai anyway, “Yeah, I know hope.” Though, in reality, he totally knew there would be.

And that reality majorly . Taemin had been assigned to the seat in the very back corner of the room whereas Kai had been assigned the seat in the very front, sitting directly center to the front podium thing where the teacher would speak daily. That meant he had to be very alert all the time the teacher was there.

This was going to be very exhausting for him.

At least homeroom wasn’t very long and soon, the two walked side by side to their first period Math class.

When they arrived to the classroom, the seating chart was already on the board and the two boys were pleased they sat in the same column, Kai sitting directly behind Taemin. And surprisingly, their teacher was fairly young man—mid-twenties or so—and had a good sense of humor. Despite the subject that neither of the boys was going to like, this class was probably going to be one of their favorites.

Second period was another story; both boys had History but with different teachers. Kai had the old man teacher who was pretty cool so he wasn’t complaining. Taemin on the other hand had Ms. Kim, who was another fairly young teacher about age thirty or so but she could pass as the devil in disguise.

The rest of the day seemed to pass by slowly until the last two periods where Taemin and Kai had together; English and P.E.

English wasn’t too terribly bad; their teacher was from the States and was pretty funny. They didn’t really know what she said but that was alright but luckily there was a translator with her. That and they didn’t have assigned seating.

P.E. was probably the most fun class they have. Despite Taemin not liking physical exercise other than dancing, this was his second favorite class because Kai was there to make it bearable. Kai loved P.E. and was going to have fun ridiculing his hyung during class.

All in all, the first day of high school wasn’t so bad.