Lava

Best Friends

 

Do you guys like the new poster? Did it myself ^^ Please comment and subscribe!



 

 

“Ahh! Don’t touch the lava!”

Eight year-olds Taemin and Kai were climbing on the furniture at Kai’s house. Taemin’s parents wanted to go on a date that day and let Taemin go over to his friend’s house. The two boys were climbing all over the furniture, trying not to touch the “lava”.

“Yah! Kai! Come over here!” Taemin said from the other side of the room on the chair.

Kai who was on the coffee table, leaped to the couch and climbed over it, finally reaching the chair Taemin was on. Kai held up his hand, pretending to hold a flag.

“This is our land now!” he cried, laughing.

Taemin struck a victory pose, but lost his balance and having to jump onto the floor to avoid getting hurt too badly. He landed on his feet but dropped onto his knees in need of security.  Kai gasped loudly, pointing to Taemin on the floor.

“No! Taemin! You fell into the lava!”

Taemin’s eyes shot wide open in realization before quickly jumping back into character. He threw his body on the floor, thrashing around wildly. “Ahhhh! It burns! I’m melting!”

“Take my hand, hyung! I’ll save you!” Kai yelled, dropping onto his stomach, stretching his arm out. Taemin wormed his way over slower, pretending the lava was almost too thick to swim through. He reached for Kai’s hand, barely able to make contact. Kai grasped his friend’s hand tightly as he pulled him out of the scalding lava.

Taemin then lay on the surface, breathing heavily.

“Taemin! You’re saved!”

But there was no answer.

“Taemin…?”

Taemin fluttered his eyelids, blearily gazing up at Kai. He reached a hand out to him and Kai took it gently.

“Kai…I can’t go on…,” he rasped before a fit of coughs racked him.

Kai looked at him tearfully, desperately shaking his head in denial. “Taemin! You can’t leave me!” Kai cried, still gripping Taemin’s small hand tightly.

Taemin was gasping for air now, just barely clinging to life.

“Taeminnie hyung…,” Kai whimpered, bowing his head in respect to his comrade.

Taemin tensed up briefly before his entire body going lax, his breath leaving him.

The two remained that way for a few moments, taking in the tragic feel for the scene. Kai even let slip a single tear.

But Taemin in a big breathe, gasping trying to regulate his breathing.

“I can’t hold my breath for very long!” Taemin exclaimed, holding a hand to his chest to feel his rapidly beating heart.

“That was fun,” Kai said, wiping away the tear on his face. “I’m hungry. Let’s go get a snack.”

“Okay.”

“I think there are cookies in the pantry.”

“Whoa awesome!”