Job Hunting

Best Friends

 

“So we’ve tried three coffee shops—they’re not hiring anyone with no experience,” Kai recalled as he and Taemin walked through down together.

“Which I think is lame. We’re not going to get the experience if we don’t work for them,” Taemin scoffed. “Anyway, we’ve tried there and that fast food place, but I don’t want to work there. Did you see the scary looking guys in the back?!”

“Yeah,” Kai shivered, “They were seriously preying their eyes on you.”

“EH!? Ew!”

“So we’ve gone there and are now heading…let’s try the bookstore!” Kai gasped, dragging Taemin with him in the direction of the bookstore. Kai walked straight to the customer service desk and, with a sweet smile, asked for two job applications, which were handed to them.

“There’s a coffee shop here, let’s fill these out now,” Taemin suggested, needing a pick-me-up anyway.

It wasn’t difficult to fill out and didn’t take long. By the time they finished their coffee, they had already turned in the applications and resumed their job hunting adventure.

“Where should we try next?” Kai wondered aloud, looking around the town.

“Hm…we could try that music store Jjong works at,” Taemin said, smiling at the thought of working side by side with his boyfriend.

Kai scoffed, “Yeah right. You wouldn’t get anything done there.”

Taemin made a disgruntled noise and rolled his eyes. “Well…,” he started again, “We could…um…how about a convenience store?”

“My mother wouldn’t let me. Not with all the weirdos around,” Kai said. “Oh! There’s a cleaning service nearby. Let’s try there.”

“Alright, let’s go.”

“But…,” Kai mumbled, biting his lip.

“Yeah?”

“Can we grab some lunch first?”