14th Birthday

Best Friends

 

Kai arrived at the school that morning, standing in front of his locker when Taemin practically jumped on his back, hugging the daylights out of him. Kai nearly fell over from the surprise.

“Happy Birthday!” Taemin yelled loudly.

Kai turned around to give his friend a proper hug and was surprised when he saw Taemin holding a blue balloon in his hand. Kai immediately took the balloon and ran around Taemin with it. “Oh, God! Balloon! My friend~!” he cried funnily.

“Dork,” Taemin called him, staring at him amusedly.

Just then the warning bell rang for the students to get to their homeroom class. Taemin and Kai sighed disappointedly but Kai brought the balloon to class with him to brag that it was his birthday today.

It felt like forever but lunch finally around and the two boys were sitting together at one of the outside tables, eating the cupcakes Taemin had made the previous night for his friend. Some were chocolate and some were vanilla flavored but each type was heavily frosted just for Kai.

“Oh my gosh, these are delicious, hyung,” Kai chirped as he ate his third cupcake.

“Glad you like them,” Taemin said proudly. Taemin then pulled out a small package wrapped in Hello Kitty wrapping paper. “Here,” he handed Kai the present.

Kai was practically dancing in his seat; he loved presents. He carefully unwrapped the gift, sticking his tongue at his hyung who was ridiculing him for not just tearing the paper, and was completely pleased with his present.

It was a Hello Kitty daily planner, all the pages inside decorated with Kitty prints and pictures. Inside, there was a sheet of stickers so he could decorate it later. Kai smiled widely and reached over to wrap Taemin in a hug.

“Thank you, hyung! I love you forever! Thank you!” Kai thanked him graciously, not letting him go.

Taemin returned the hug with equal amount of love, saying, “I’m glad you like it, Kai. Happy birthday!”

“It’s a great birthday!”