Apology

Best Friends

 

Kai did not want to return to school the following day but he really had no choice. His mother literally forced him out of his warm bed and shoved him into the shower. It was slightly humiliating to him.

Taemin had arrived at his home that morning, waking up earlier than he wanted but walked to Kai’s house, with a donut and strawberry milk for his friend. Kai got his shoes on and silently took the treats and ate them as they both walked to school. Taemin knew his friend was hurting and wished that his friend would move on soon.

Taemin only had mean thoughts for Yoojin now. He was constantly cursing her in his find, calling her a selfish that doesn’t care for other people’s feelings. She didn’t deserve Kai; he was far too good for her.

They reached school eventually and the two walked to their homeroom class, arriving early since Kai didn’t have to wait for Yoojin to arrive anymore. The thought was depressing to Kai as he sat in his desk, his hyung looking at him sadly. The teacher hadn’t even arrived yet, so it was very early.

“Kai…do you want to talk about it?” Taemin asked, growing tired of his best friend’s silence and depressing aura. He really didn’t like seeing Kai this way.

“No.”

“Kai, please talk to me?”

“No.”

Taemin sulked in his seat. It was going to be a rough adjustment period for him. Eventually, Kai would move on from Yoojin and find someone better. They were only sixteen after all. They have the rest of their lives to find someone.

At that moment, someone walked into the room, stopping in front of Kai. Kai looked up and didn’t feel bothered to see Yoojae. He didn’t have to impress him anymore. He sighed, asking was Yoojae wanted.

Yoojae wore a sad expression. He felt bad for the kid his sister dumped.

“I just wanted to apologize on Yoojin’s behalf for being mean and harsh,” he said, clapping Kai’s shoulder in a comforting motion. “I know she didn’t really apologize properly, and being the stubborn girl she it, she probably won’t ever.”

“You feel bad for me don’t you? I don’t want pity. I feel pathetic enough,” Kai said sadly.

Taemin wanted to hug him but felt that he shouldn’t.

Yoojae sighed. “Of course I feel bad for you,” he confirmed, “And don’t feel pathetic. And don’t feel like you’re not good enough. She wasn’t good enough for you.” And with that, Yoojae gave Kai one last sympathetic glance before walking to his own class as students began filtering into the classroom.

Kai cracked a small grin but just stared at his desk top, playing with a pencil in his hands. Taemin took this as his time to finally give Kai that hug, who returned it gratefully.

“I love you, Kai,” Taemin whispered into his friend’s ear before sitting properly in his seat.

Kai smiled at his friend, feeling a little better than he had before.

Yoojae wasn’t good enough for him. 

 

 


 

I don't know if you've noticed but my upates are gradually becoming more frequent. That's because I'm gradually becoming more busy. On Monday, I had a meeting with the President of Cascadia community college to talk about my internship, and that begins on Friday. So I'll be doing this internship for 8 weeks at the least, plus taking writing workshops and writing an invitation to Rick Steves. Do you know of him?  

And another really cool note, I am seriously getting close to graduating high school! I only have .58 credit left! I'm super excited!! ^^

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe! <3