I love you, hyung

Best Friends

 

Eleven year-old Kai was sitting at his desk, his math problems sitting in front of him but he was working on them like he should have. He was far too distracted and his teacher wasn’t paying attention anyway. He was smart; he could figure them out later anyway.

Instead of doing his work, he was gazing down his row at his best friend who was diligently doing his work like he was supposed to. Kai, even though he had been beside Taemin for years already, still couldn’t get enough of his looks. He really was a good looking kid.

No, Kai didn’t have a crush; he was just admiring his hyung.

His hyung was his savior, ever since they met in kindergarten and even now. At time when Kai didn’t do his homework, Taemin would help him with it. Or even when Kai was feeling sick or hurt himself, Taemin was always there for him, taking his to the nurse’s office or to help his mother take care of him.

His Taemin hyung really was the best.

Taemin’s lunches were very delicious—Kai still often forgot to grab his in the mornings. Though lately, Taemin has taken to accusing Kai of forgetting it on purpose so he could have more of his hyung’s food. Well, maybe that was partly true.

Just looking at his hyung now, Kai couldn’t hide the small appearing on his face. The way Taemin’s hair fell in his face when he was hunched over his work made Kai want to laugh, especially when Taemin would attempt to his hair out of the way; Or how when he would bite his lip or the inside of his cheek when he was stuck on something.

Kai really loved his hyung.

In Kai’s eyes, his hyung was perfect. And if anyone told his hung differently, he swore he would kick that person’s .

 

 

 

 

It was recess now, and Taemin and Kai and literally ran onto the playground, hiding underneath the big red slide they liked so much. Taemin was lying against Kai who was sitting upright. Taemin was tired from the stupid math they had done earlier. Kai, looking at his hyung, smiled before murmuring to him.

“Hey, hyung,” Kai said softly.

“Hm?” Taemin hummed in response.

“I love you, hyung.”

Taemin smiled at the words, feeling an incredible happiness washing over him in his relaxed state. He tilted his head upward to look at his best friend.

“I love you too, Kai.”