Peanuts

Best Friends

 

“Hyung! Something horrible has happened!” Kai cried, flailing his arms about as he entered Taemin’s bedroom before collapsing onto the bed, crying into Taemin’s pillow. Taemin, who was putting his clean laundry away, dropped his shirt when Kai burst into the room.

Worried, Taemin stopped everything he was doing and rushed to the bedside, his mind going haywire. “What? What’s wrong?!” he asked impatiently, sincerely hoping nothing seriously bad had happened, but by the way Kai was acting, something was definitely wrong.

“It’s terrible,” Kai whimpered into the pillow, scratching his arms.

“What is it, Kai-ah?” Taemin asked once more, sitting on the bedside and hugging his friend.

“I…I…”

“You what? Are you sick? What’s going on?!” Taemin was really going crazy. Why couldn’t Kai just tell him already?

“I….,” Kai started once more, “I…I’m allergic to peanuts!” he cried loudly, continuing to scratched his arms. “I just got back from a doctor’s appointment and he told me I’m allergic to peanuts! That !”

Taemin, not sure what to think at the moment, whacked his best friend on the head. “You made me worry for nothing?!” he screeched, hitting his friend over and over, venting his frustrations the other had caused.

“Hyung!” Kai whined, rolling over onto his back, “You should be comforting me, not hitting me!”

“Then don’t make me worry like that!” Taemin scolded him, crossing his arms defiantly.

“Hyung, don’t you think the doctor is an ?”

“It’s not the doctor’s fault. It for you though—I know how much you like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches,” Taemin said, giving his friend a little sympathy.

“What will I do, hyung?” Kai asked, feeling helpless.

“Well,” Taemin mumbled, “You could always have just jelly sandwiches.”

Kai scrunched his face up in distaste. “Yuck,” he grumbled, not pleased with that thought.

Being allergic to peanuts was proving to be very unfortunate.

 

 


It'll be okay, Kai. I'm allergic to peanuts too.