Graduation

Best Friends

Sorry this isn't a very good chapter and I'm just so exhausted. 

 


 

 

 

To Taemin and Kai, it was a strange feeling to be graduating today. The moment they took that diploma, it was all over. The bullying, the stupid teachers, the immature classmates of theirs—it would be all over. All the years of school they went through, was it all for nothing? Of course not. They learned a lot, and not just academic stuff. They learned how to be better people than the miserable bullies and preppy students, they learned how to depend on the people they loved and to take care of them, they learned how to be independent.

Though the most important thing they got out of school, was they were brought together. Taemin and Kai had been best friends since kindergarten, and they met Jonghyun in high school.

That was a very memorable moment.

At that very moment, Taemin and Kai were talking to one another in the hallway of the school wearing their caps and gowns waiting for the graduation ceremony to start. It wouldn’t be very exciting, only listening to names being called up and such.

Really the only thing on Kai’s and Taemin’s minds at the moment was the looks on the friends and families faces when they saw them accept their diplomas.

Soon enough the ceremony was starting and everyone was seated including the graduates. The principal gave a speech about their student’s success and how the school year just flew by so quickly, and how they would miss these graduates.

Then names had begun to be called which were admittedly both Taemin’s and Kai’s most boring moment. There were a lot of students and all this announcing would take forever.

Then finally, after what felt like forever Kai’s name was called and he walked proudly onto the stage, shaking the principal’s hand as he accepted his diploma, smiling widely as he heard the cheers from his family and friends. He took special notice how SaeJin’s and Taemin’s cheering was the loudest.

Then when the ‘K’s were finished being called, the ‘L’s had been started and soon enough it was Taemin’s turn to walk up onto the stage, laughing at himself when he almost tripped. He never did like being on stage very much.

When they were reunited with their families after the ceremony, they were attacked with hugs and kisses and congratulating words. Even Kai’s mother had tears in her eyes as she hugged her son.

“I’m so proud of you boys,” Taemin’s mother said, hugging both of them.

“Thanks, mom,” Taemin thanked her, and thanked everyone else.

“Congrats, baby,” Jonghyun whispered in Taemin’s ear before adding a quick comment, “Your graduation present is at my house.”

Kai tried not to laugh when Jonghyun winked at his friend and Taemin’s cheeks turned a bright red.

 

 

It was really over. High school was really finished with, but this was only the beginning of their lives as adults—a completely new journey they would all face together.