Calls

Best Friends

 

It was two in the afternoon when Taemin received the phone call. He wasn’t doing much, only washing the dishes which he was rather glad to get away from. Not recognizing the number, he answered the call curiously asking, “Hello?”

“Is this Lee Taemin speaking?” the unfamiliar voice asked.

“Yes, it is,” Taemin confirmed his interest perking.

“Hello, this is Choi Inguk, the manager of Choi Books. We had an interview last Thursday together.”

“Oh, yes, I remember! How have you been?” Taemin asked, trying to be very polite. Excitement fluttered in his stomach, but tried to keep it maintained and to not show it in his voice.

“I’ve been well, thank you. I’m calling you today to let you know you’ve got the job and to ask if you could start working this coming Monday.”

“Oh, thank you! Yes, that will work, of course,” Taemin confirmed, practically jumping up and down in the kitchen.

“Glad to hear it. I’ll see you here at four thirty Monday.”

“Yes, sir. Thank you. See you then,” Taemin said quickly before hanging up the phone and squealing loudly, jumping up and down excitedly.

He got a job!

Quickly grabbing the phone again, he dialed Kai’s number, but to his disappointment Kai didn’t answer so he dialed Jonghyun’s number instead. He answered, but nearly lost his hearing when Taemin yelled his news into the receiver.

“Wow, that’s great, Tae!” Jonghyun cheered once he regained his hearing.

“I’m so excited!”

“I can tell! I’m proud of you, TaeTae, but I need to get going. Classes. I’ll stop by later, okay?”

“Alright, bye, Jjongie.”

Right after hanging the phone up, another call came in and Taemin answered, asking who it was.

“Hyung! Hyung, it’s me! I got job at a stationary store!” Kai’s voice screamed through the phone, making Taemin wince.

Once healed, Taemin smiled widely and cheered, “That’s great! Did you just get the call?”

“Yeah! Then I noticed you called so I called you back. What did you want?”

“I called to say I got a job too.”

“Really!? Where?!”

“That bookstore we both applied to,” Taemin said, his smile never leaving his face.

“Wow! Cool! Oh my gosh, hyung, this is so exciting! I’m coming over to celebrate!”

“Okay! See you soon!”

“Okay!”

Their celebration consisted of eating the remaining ice cream in the freezer and watching Walking Dead until Jonghyun came over with cupcakes and more ice cream.