"Are You A ?"

Best Friends

 

“Kai…I have something to ask…,” Taemin muttered nervously, anxiously picking at his fingers. Kai, his interest now perked, rotated himself on the couch to face his hyung.

“What is it?” he insisted, looking at Taemin expectantly.

Taemin cleared his throat, already feeling his face heating up in embarrassment. “Are you…still a ?” he asked, not daring to look at Kai.

Kai sputtered, choking on his saliva in shock of his friend’s words. What the hell? “Of course I am!” he yelled, sitting up straighter. “Why did you ask?!”

“Erm…never mind. Just forget about it,” Taemin mumbled, trying to hide his face.

Kai scoffed, “Okay, no. Seriously, hyung, what is it? Despite my mortification, I wanna know why.”

Taemin sighed and threw his head back against the couch. “I…I wanna do it with Jjong. I tried to initiate something the other day at the park, but he stopped us—thank god! I don’t even know what I was thinking, but….I asked because I wanna know what it’s like…”

Kai sighed. “Okay,” he said, “Even if I wasn’t a , I don’t think I’d know what gay was like. I like girls, remember?”

“Yes, yes, I know that,” Taemin cut in, “But really it’s the same fundamentals. There’s still the act of sticking a into a hole—”

“Okay! Stop! Too much info!” Kai yelled, covering his face with his hands. “So what you’re saying the feeling would be the same.”

“Essentially, yes.”

“Okay. Well I still can’t help you with that.”

“Okay…”

“You know,” Kai suggested, “You can always watch …”

“I have, but that doesn’t really help me…,” Taemin admitted. “Now that I’m thinking about all this, I don’t think I’m ready, but I at least want to know what to expect….”

Kai pursed his lips in thought. “The way I think of it, you’re not going to know when you’re ready, but when the time comes around then maybe….Okay, I don’t even know what I’m trying to say.”

“I sort of can…”

“Can we stop talking about this now?” Kai pleaded, laughing slightly.

“Yes,” Taemin instantly agreed, getting up from the couch. “Want some chips?”

“Yes, please~”