Zombies

Best Friends

 

Ringing….Ringing….

Taemin was so tired. It felt like he had just fallen asleep…was he still sleeping?

Ringing

What was that ringing?

Yo! Your phone is ringing!

Right!

Taemin immediately shot out of bed and grabbed his phone, thanking is peculiar ringtone silently and answering the call. Who was calling him so late at night? He shot a quick glance at the clock, which read two in the morning.

“Hello?”

“H-Hyung?” he heard Kai’s voice stammer.

Kai stammering was weird enough.

“Is something wrong?” Taemin asked, not liking the sound of his friend’s voice. It made him worry.

“Yeah…uh…Can you…t-talk with me for a while…”

“Yeah, sure,” Taemin complied. Smiling to himself, he asked, “Did you have a nightmare?”

Yeah…,” he heard Kai admit embarrassedly.

“What was it about?”

“….Zombies….”

“Kai! I thought I told you not to watch The Walking Dead at night time!” Taemin scolded him, rolling his eyes at his best friend’s absurdity.

“I know, I know! But it was so good! I couldn’t stop at episode 10! The suspense! I ended up watching two more episodes before falling asleep…”

“If you’re going to watch that show, watch it during the day. Watch Harry Potter or something less scary at night.”

Alright, hyung…I think I’m okay to fall asleep now,” Kai said, feeling a little drowsy now.

“Alright. Call me if you need me.”

“Will do. Goodnight.”

“’Night.”

Laughing to himself, Taemin hung up the phone and settled back into his warm blankets.

An hour later, Kai called again, sounding very sheepish on the phone.

“Hyung…the zombies won’t go away…”