Sick Day

Best Friends

 

Sixteen year old Taemin woke up one morning, immediately feeling like he wanted to die. He groaned as he sat up in bed and weakly placed his hand to him sweaty, hot forehead. Taemin whined as he felt it, plopping right back into his pillows and covering his head with his blankets.

He was sick.

Taemin sincerely hated being sick and was mad that he had to miss a day of school. It was going to be a pain in the to try and catch up.

Whining again, he reached over to his bedside table, grabbing his phone off the chargers and calling Kai to tell him he wasn’t coming to school that day. Kai had whined but said he hoped his best friend would feel better. Kai even promised to get all of his friend’s homework and drop it off after dance.

After hanging up, Taemin trudged to the kitchen and took some cold medicine before returning to bed and sleeping for hours.

When Taemin woke up again, the clock read two in the afternoon and he was starving. He made his way to the kitchen, grabbing some crackers from the pantry and pouring himself some juice and then lied down on the couch, curled up in a blanket.

He was already feeling better; sleep can do wonders.

It was a very uneventful day, even when Kai came over but Taemin was grateful to have some company. He and Kai did their homework together, Kai doing most of the work since he didn’t want Taemin to overwork himself even though he was very insistent.

“Hyung, are you hungry? Do you want me to make soup?” Kai asked when they finished their math. Taemin nodded and Kai raided the pantry, finding two cans of chicken noodle soup. Taemin’s stomach growled when he smelled the soup cooking in the kitchen. He wandered in there, taking a seat at the table as Kai dished their soup.

“Thanks for making me soup,” Taemin thanked Kai as they ate.

“It’s nothing. Anything for hyung,” Kai said cutely, making Taemin burst out laughing when he saw his friend fluttering his eyelids. “Feel better soon okay? Dance is boring without you.”

“Sure thing,” Taemin said, “I’m feeling better already.”