Don't Do Drugs

Best Friends

 

“Kai, I need to have a serious talk with you,” Taemin said one day, his voice and heart feeling heavy as he took a seat on Kai’s bed, causing Kai to look worried.

Kai took a seat beside his hyung and looked at him cautiously. “What is it, hyung? Is something wrong?” he asked, sincerely hoping nothing was very wrong.

Taemin only shrugged before sighing and staring straight at Kai with a hard look. “You,” he said demandingly, “Can never ever do drugs alright? Never. If you do, I will not hesitate to kill you.”

Shocked, Kai nodded vigorously. Drugs? Where was this coming from? He never liked the thought of drugs when the side effects were never good for anyone. They caused far too much trouble. Was it fun to others? He didn’t think the thought of destroying your body is fun.

“I promise! But hyung…where is this coming from?” he asked in wonderment.

Taemin weakly nodded. “One of my cousins…he was found dead at a party last night. He overdosed on meth,” he whispered, tears stinging at his eyes. Kai immediately wrapped his arms around his friend to console him. “He’s a year younger than us…Just promise you won’t do it,” Taemin continued, his tears now falling down his cheeks.

Kai nodded and said, “I won’t ever, I promise. If someone tries to get me to do it, I’ll say no and get away. I wouldn’t do that because it would hurt you.”

“Okay…,” Taemin sniffed, glad that Kai was making smart decisions. If he ever found out that his younger friend was doing something bad like this, he’d do everything he could to get him through it and become drug-free but not without beating the hell out of him. Kai nor himself can ever do something like that.

Kai continued to hug his best friend until his tears stopped. Taemin didn’t dare let go of Kai as he cried silently, afraid that he would disappear.

 


 

Drugs have impacted my life so much. I haven't done it personally but my mother in her teenage years did and it still affects her today. My aunt on my mother's side used to do it and introduced drugs to her daughter who is now in prison. Then she taught my cousin who is the same agge as me how to shoot up meth and she nearly died. My cousin is now in a rehab facility but with the way she's acting, I know she's just going to do it again. 

Drugs are very bad news so please don't do it. Not only will it hurt you but it will hurt the people around you. 

I've lost too many people in my life from that and I don't think I can stress enough just how much damage they cause to everyone. 

So please don't do drugs!