Mission Accomplished

Best Friends

 

“So these are my grandparents,” Jonghyun introduced, taking Taemin and Kai around the living room and kitchen were the guests were settling. “Grandma, grandpa, this is my boyfriend Taemin and my friend Kai.”

“It’s nice to meet you,” Taemin and Kai chorused together, smiling brightly to the elderly couple.

“My, you two look so cute,” Grandmother gasped, chuckling to her husband, who grunted in response, but still grinned nonetheless.

“My grandpa had a a few years ago and has difficulty speaking,” Jonghyun explained, hoping to ease the slight awkwardness in the air. He knew his friends were rather nervous to meet his family.

They five of them made quick small talk and soon the boys were off meeting other members of the family. Jonghyun heard the front door open and dragged the boys along with him to greet the newcomers.

“Jonghyunnie!” A middle aged woman cried out enthusiastically, looking thrilled to see her nephew. As soon as Jonghyun was in distance, she wrapped him into a tight hug, chiming, “Happy birthday, Jonghyunnie!”

Jonghyun’s face flushed when he heard Taemin and Kai snickering at his nickname behind him. “I’m glad you could make it,” Jonghyun said gratefully, pulling back to give hugs to his cousins still in the doorway and handshaking his uncle.

“We wouldn’t miss it!” Jonghyun’s uncle said, walking in with a blue gift bag. “Where are we storing gifts?”

“Right over here in the kitchen,” Taemin chimed, walking forward, “I can take it.”

“Thanks. You two Jonghyun’s friends?” Uncle asked.

“Yes, this is Taemin, my boyfriend, and my friend, Kai,” Jonghyun introduced them, motioning who was who with his left hand.

“Nice to meet you!” A younger boy said, squeezing in to run into the living room. “Grandma~”

“My parents are over there,” Jonghyun said, pointing into the living room.

“Thank you, dear. I better go say hello to my brother,” his aunt laughed, walking into the other room followed by her husband.

An older girl, looking about the same age as Jonghyun still stood by the door. “Happy birthday, cousin,” she said sweetly, pulling Jonghyun in for another hug.

“Thanks, noona! Hey, Kai this is my cousin I told you about,” Jonghyun chirped, motioning for Kai to come closer.

“Ah, so you’re the one I’ve been texting,” she said smiling, holding her hand out for him to shake. “It’s nice to finally meet you.”

“Y-yeah, likewise,” Kai stuttered, nervous that this girl was SaeJin. She was so pretty in person. She wasn’t as pretty as Hyemi nor was she pretty like a lot of other girls he’d seen, but undeniably it was her eyes that made her stand out with the way they shined.

Kai, if it was possible, had already fallen for her. He definitely looked forward to getting to know her more.

Unnoticed by Kai and SaeJin, Taemin slipped his hand into Jonghyun’s and pulled him away into the hallway where no one was standing and pressed his lips to Jonghyun’s cheek.

“You’re planned worked. I can tell Kai already likes her,” Taemin giggled, feeling giddy.

“Yeah, me too,” Jonghyun laughed. “Tonight, I make SaeJin tell me what she thinks of him. He’s a cute kid. She loved cuteness.”

“How old is she anyway?”

“Four months older than me actually, but she always makes me call her ‘noona’. She can be a little scary,” Jonghyun explained sheepishly.

“Hopefully they work out,” Taemin replied thoughtfully. “C’mon, let’s visit with your family. I want to talk with your grandmother again,” Taemin ordered, tugging the elder along with him into the living room where the party was.

SaeJin and Kai were no longer in the doorway and had moved to outside, wanting to get to know more about each other. They really hit it off it seemed. SaeJin was sweet and loved how Kai acted so adorably even when he wasn’t meaning to.

Every time Jonghyun and Taemin would peek through the window to look at them, they always so the two smiling brightly. Jonghyun and Taemin gave a side smirk to one another, thinking the same thing simultaneously.

Mission Accomplished. 

 

 


More KaiJin next chapter~ (teehee KaiJin is their ship namexD) 

Also a question:

Should I start making arrangements for this drabble to end? You're thoughts are appreciated.