New Boyfriend

Best Friends

 

“Jonghyun hyung, play that one song again. The really pretty one,” Taemin requested, feeling giddy with only the memory of what the song had sounded like. It was light and pretty and he just loved it.

“Sure thing, Tae,” Jonghyun complied, smiling as he began playing the beginning cords of the song.

This was the second day in a row that Taemin and Kai hadn’t sat together at lunch but it didn’t bother to two much. Kai was almost pushing for Taemin to leave him when Jonghyun asked if Taemin wanted to accompany him to the music room, in which Taemin happily agreed.

So here were the two boys sitting side by side as Jonghyun played and Taemin listened as he ate and occasionally fed his hyung. To Taemin, today felt a little different than the other times they hung out together but it wasn’t different in a bad way—no, it was almost as if he was anticipating something.

Jonghyun finished playing the song he set his guitar to the side and looked at Taemin expectantly. “Good?” he asked.

Taemin nodded his head, grinning widely. “Of course, as always,” he said, handing Jonghyun an apple slice who took it with his mouth.

Jonghyun swallowed his chewed apple and used Taemin’s shoulders as an armrest. “Taemin, we’ve been friends for a while and I guess you can say I trust you enough to tell you a secret….,” Jonghyun trailed, looking nervous.

Curiosity exploding in his mind, Taemin nodded slowly as he took in what the elder said. “You can confide in me whenever you need to, hyung. I’m a good listener,” Taemin said, observing Jonghyun who was biting the inside of his cheek.

“Really?” Jonghyun perked up, “That’s a relief to hear. So is it alright if I let you in on a little something?”

“Of course!’

Jonghyun leaned in and whispered in Taemin’s ear, “I really like someone. Wanna know who it is?”

Taemin gasped, his eyes widening as he looked up at Jonghyun shocked. Jonghyun grinned at how cute the boy looked with his mouth agape. All Taemin could do was nod, indeed curious as to who it was his hyung wanted.

Taemin, though he was curious, did not mean he was happy. Not happy at all.

He wanted Jonghyun.

Jonghyun, taking advantage of Taemin’s shock, grinned and leaned in swiftly capturing Taemin’s lips with his.

Taemin was indeed breathless, his eyes now as wide as doe’s.

Jonghyun pulled away slowly, anxiously looking into Taemin’s eyes. Taemin didn’t know what to say or do. He was too stunned to move, his mind going haywire as he tried to understand what had just happened.

Does that mean Jonghyun liked him?

Really?!

Suddenly, Taemin smiled and Jonghyun relaxed.

“You look very shocked. Was that your first kiss?” Jonghyun asked, hoping that it was.

To his disappointment, Taemin shook his head denying the fact causing Jonghyun’s jaw to drop. “Kai was my first kiss,” Taemin said, laughing when Jonghyun whined loudly. “But you’re welcome to kiss me again.”

“Only if you agree to be my boyfriend,” Jonghyun said, looking at the younger pointedly.

Taemin nodded, “Definitely.”

“Good because I really want to kiss you again.”

Taemin considered himself extremely lucky to have a dream of his come true.