Day Before

Best Friends

 

A lot of things have been happening and that was only the start of many more difficult things to come, but the one constant in everyone’s lives was about to come to an end. The thing that people struggle with the most, hate the most, love the most, was now over.

And that thing was school. Graduation was tomorrow.

The day that Taemin and Kai had waited for for so long had finally arrived and to be honest it was a little nerve wracking. One reason was because they were going to be onstage—which actually bothered Taemin more than Kai—and two, it meant leaving a huge part of their lives behind the moment they accepted that diploma.

The next fall, Taemin would be going to college and in just under a month, Kai was to be taken on officially as an SM trainee.

They were sure it was going to be a great feeling. Kai actually couldn’t wait to throw is cap in the air. That would probably be the of his evening, and then the small after party. 

Their families would be there in the audience along with Jonghyun and SaeJin of course. It was going to be a wonderful evening. Jonghyun’s parents were out of town visiting his grandparents and Taemin’s parents had allowed the younger to spend the night at his boyfriend’s house, of course thinking Jonghyun’s parents were going to be there. Kai and SaeJin teased the two endlessly about that.

Kai and SaeJin weren’t doing anything too special, but a walk to the convenience store and back through the woody shortcut to his house may be counted as special.

Taemin and Kai were definitely looking forward to their graduation tomorrow.