Stress

Best Friends

 

It was already halfway through the year of sixth grade and Taemin had already had enough of it; enough of school, enough of people, just enough. He was tired of being bullied for being himself—there wasn’t anything he could do about his body type. He was small-boned and that came with genetics—and he was tired of the schoolwork—there was no way he would get a tutor.

The only thing that seemed to help him forget all these stupid things was Kai. Kai always seemed to make things better no matter how hopeless everything seemed.

Everything around him seemed to being falling apart lately. For one, his parents who he thought were perfect together seemed to be arguing a lot more lately. When this happened, Taemin would either hide in his room, waiting until was quiet before venturing out to the living room or go outside and cloud watch or something. He always thought they could never fight. He didn’t think it was possible.

Also, adding onto the stress, his father would often talk to him about doing well in school. He always said how proud of his son he was but the way he would say it was more like “do well in school and everything you do, then I will always be proud of you.” Taemin figured his father’s talks would most likely worsen when he entered middle school. That would only add more pressure.

Also, the stress from trying to ignore the stupid school bullies was weighing him down. He just didn’t understand what he did to make them target him. It was stupid and he still didn’t want to get Kai involved. It really wasn’t important anyway. But it was still annoying. He wanted to scream at the or something but he just didn’t have the confidence to do it. Maybe things would get better next year.

The subjects in school were also proving to become troublesome. Sure, elementary school wasn’t too hard but between all the stresses he was getting lately, it was showing in his studies. The papers he turned he turned in came back with way more red marks on it than he would’ve liked.

He was thankful to have Kai around otherwise he didn’t know what he’d doing now. Without Kai, Taemin would probably be having breakdowns and not even caring about school anymore. Maybe he would start rebelling to deal with things. He didn’t know. What he did know though, was his best friend was there for him and loved him.

And Taemin loved Kai too very much.

 

 

 

 

Taemin and Kai were walking home, both happy that school was finally over for the day. The two were holding hands and walked in a comfortable silence.

 

Feeling especially happy at the moment, Taemin grinned to his friend affectionately.

“I love you, Kai. Thanks for everything.”

Kai looked at him surprised. “You’re…welcome? I love you too, hyung,” he replied unsurely, but also happily.

His hyung was funny sometimes. 

 



 

 

<3 

Please comment and subscribe~

And if you think the story is good enough, give it a vote ^^