What Do I Do?

Best Friends

 

It was a Sunday when Taemin ran as fast as his feet could carry him to Kai’s house where he just let himself in, climbing up the stairs and barged into his friend’s room, startling Kai who was on the floor reading a comic book.

“Whoa, hyung! You scared me!” Kai yelled, rubbing the goose bumps that had appeared on his bare arms.

Taemin threw himself onto Kai’s bed and grabbing the green pillow he always used for sleepovers, and screamed all his frustrations into it.

Kai, now concerned, wearily crawled to the bedside and tapped his hyung’s leg. “Hyung, is something wrong?” he asked softly.

Taemin took this opportunity to remove his head from the pillow and glare at the wall in front of him. “What’s wrong? You want to know what’s wrong?”

Kai gulped before mumbling out a small, “Y-Yes.”

“Well for starters, you know that senior I told you about? The one who saved me from those bullies?” Taemin asked him, hoping he would remember.

Kai nodded, “Kim Jonghyun, right?”

“Oh god, don’t even say his name! He’s the source of all my problems right now!”

Kai patted Taemin’s leg soothingly. “What happened? Was he mean to you?”

Taemin shook his head as he released a frustrated sigh, “No. He’s being awfully nice to me.”

Kai tilted his head in confusion. “And that’s a problem because….?”

Taemin groaned and hid his face in the pillow again, muffling his voice as he responded.

Kai asked again, saying he couldn’t hear.

“I said….he’s making it awfully difficult for me to not like him….,” Taemin sighed, lifting his head up, his expression sullen.

Kai rolled his eyes and wrapped an arm around his friend in a comforting way. “You can’t help it if you like him. You like who you like. Are you going to tell him?” he asked curiously.

Taemin shook his head, muttering, “I don’t want to get hurt.”

“Oh come one, it doesn’t hurt to see if he likes you back. You two could still be just friends,” Kai said, nudging Taemin with his elbow.

Taemin sighed and laid his head on Kai’s shoulder. “What do I do?” he muttered.

‘’Well, obviously you make plans for the two of you to hang out, then ask him,” Kai said. “It doesn’t hurt to see if he likes you too. You may regret it if you don’t tell him.”

“I’m not attractive though. What if he doesn’t like me because I’m ugly? I don’t even think he’s gay….”

Kai scoffed. “Oh please, look at you; you’re definitely something to look at—not that I’ve ever looked. But seriously, hyung, you can turn any straight man gay. Have more confidence in yourself.”

Taemin chuckled at Kai’s words and smiled. “I’ll tell him someday. I don’t think I have the courage to do it now.”

“Well don’t wait too long. He’s a popular and a singer—he’ll get taken quickly.”

Taemin nodded and drew patterns on the pillow with his finger, contemplating the best way too confess his feelings. He sincerely hoped Jonghyun would like him back—he didn’t want to get hurt again. 

 

 


*sigh* This was all I can write for the day, I'm just too upset. I upset about my car getting stolen (which had my ipod and other things in there) yesterday and this morning, my family got a call saying that my great grandmother is in the hospital and things aren't looking so good. So yeah. My mood = Bad. OTL