Christmas

Best Friends

 

“Merry Christmas!” Taemin yelled in Kai’s ear as he wrapped his thin arms around his best friend.

“Hyung, it’s Christmas Eve.”

“Yeah, I know,” Taemin said, releasing Kai, “But I won’t be seeing you tomorrow so I thought I’d just tell you now.”

Kai smiled happily, “Well the Merry Christmas to you too!”

“Come inside, I got a present for you!” Taemin said excitedly, grabbing Kai’s hand and leading him into the house to sit by the tree.

“Me too! It’s in my pocket.”

“Aw, Kai, you didn’t have to get me anything.”

“Shut up, of course I did. You’re my best friend,” Kai scolded his hyung. “Open mine first,” he said, taking a small box from his coat pocket and handing it to Taemin. “Open it.”

“Aright, alright,” Taemin said, tearing the wrapping off the small box then opening it, his face melting into a smile when he saw it. It was a white and purple bracelet make with soft yarn with letter beads entwined in it, spelling out ‘TAEMIN&KAI’.

Kai took it and tied it around his friend’s small wrist. “It’s a friendship bracelet,” he clarified, holding up his own wrist with the same bracelet around it. “I didn’t make it myself; my mom had to help me. I hope you like it.”

“I love it! It’s really pretty…,” Taemin said, continuously staring at it. “I feel lame now. I didn’t get you anything sentimental.”

“Good because I wanted to be special! But I’m sure I’ll like whatever you got me,” Kai reassured him.

Taemin sighed and pulled out a long present wrapped in blue paper. It was the shape of a long tube and Kai already figured what it was.

“It’s a poster, right?”

“Yeah. I hope you like it.”

“It’s not Hello Venus is it?” Kai joked and Taemin nodded playfully, knowing that Kai didn’t care for the girl band.

Kai quickly unwrapped the gift, uncapping the end of the tube and pulling out the poster. He unrolled it carefully, not wanting to dent it at all. With Taemin’s assistance, he was finally able to see what it was, smiling widely when he saw it.

“Girls Generation! Oh my gosh, yes!” he exclaimed loudly. It was the Korean Time Machine poster where the girls were dressed in pretty, white, dresses.

“You really like that song so I figured you’d want the poster as well.”

“Yes, I did! Thanks, hyung!”

“Merry Christmas!”

“Merry Christmas!”

They listened to Girls Generation the entire day and played with their new bracelets. They even attempted to make sugar cookies but Kai ate the cookie dough. 

 

 


Thank you to SHINeegirluno1 for the beautiful Girls Generation Time Machine poster ^^ LOVE YOU!

And I also love my readers!!!! I hope you guys have an awesome Christmas!! 8 DAYS!