Jealousy

Best Friends

 

Jonghyun was leaning is head on Taemin shoulder as they cuddled on the couch, pouting at the various pictures on the wall of Taemin’s living room. Taemin knew he was being sulky and every time he asked Jonghyun what was wrong, the elder would just whine and shake his head. Now it was starting to get tiring and Taemin just poked the man’s leg, hoping to get an answer.

The pictures on the walls were of Taemin and Kai throughout their lifetime. There were pictures of them from kindergarten when they had just met and from middle school and birthday parties. Just looking at them Jonghyun had a mix of feelings varying from giddy because of how cute the two were to sad because he missed out on a lot of Taemin’s life, not that it was his fault he just hadn’t known them then. Also, he knows that Taemin and Kai have a bond that no one can break and it was sad to admit that he was jealous.

He pressed a soft kiss to Taemin’s neck, humming. “I’m jealous of Kai,” he muttered, feeling embarrassed.

Taemin giggled when he heard the confession and intertwined his fingers with Jonghyun’s as he said, “You don’t need to.”

“I know, but Kai has been with you for everything. And you guys are so close…”

“By the way, Kai brought this to my attention the other day. Does it bother you when I’m in his bed?” Taemin asked curiously. A couple days ago, Kai had practically pushed him off his bed because he didn’t think Jonghyun would like it.

“Sort of, but I know that you two are only friends so it’s not like I have to compete against him for you,” Jonghyun said but added another thought after a few moments, “I don’t have to compete against him for you, right? You’re positive he’s straight?”

“Yeah, he’s straight as far as I know,” Taemin laughed, “But I’ll keep you posted.”

Jonghyun smiled and kissed Taemin on the lips.

“We should see if Kai wants to hang out,” Jonghyun suggested, grabbing Taemin’s phone from the younger’s pocket.

Taemin rolled his eyes, “You two are always taking my phone…”

Jonghyun only smiled cheekily at him before composing a message to Kai, telling him to hurry over so they could watch anime together.