Wish

Best Friends

 

“Kai, tell me one thing you wish to do in the future,” Taemin said, blankly staring at the ceiling of Kai’s bedroom.

Kai hummed in thought, “Hm…I don’t know. Skydiving? Travel to Australia or China?”

“Ooh, travel...That doesn’t sound like a bad idea…,” Taemin thought to himself aloud, catching Kai’s interest.

“Is there any specific reason you’re asking me?” Kai asked curiously.

“Yeah, actually…,” Taemin started, grinning to himself, “I think we should go on a trip this winter. We’ll be on break then and I think I just want to get away. I’m feeling very…I don’t know. I want to feel small for once.”

Kai furrowed his brow in confusion. “Small…?”

“Yeah, small,” Taemin repeated. “We’ve lived here for our whole lives and I want to see some part of the world so that I can…So that I can feel small in a bug world. Our world here is just too small,” Taemin explained, hoping his friend understood what he was getting at.

Fortunately, Kai indeed understand, nodding his head in agreement. “I get it. Well then, next winter we should go to Thailand. Everyone here can freeze their butts off and we can bathe in the sun on the beach,” Kai laughed, poking Taemin’s side playfully, emitting giggles from the elder.

“Sounds like a good plan.”