[LeoNHyuk] Unrequited - Part 2

AllN Oneshot Dump

“Unrequited”

~ Part 2 ~

 

 

“I’m back,” Taekwoon said as he came back to the dorms right before dinner time.

As he went into the living room, he saw Hakyeon and Hyuk sitting on the sofa together. However, Hakyeon laid on Hyuk’s shoulders as he was asleep.

“Welcome back, hyung,” Hyuk said.

“Is something wrong with Hakyeonie?” Taekwoon asked curiously since it’s almost rare to see the younger lend his shoulders to his lifelong friend.

“No. He’s just tired,” Hyuk told him. “Hakyeon-hyung, wake up. It’s almost dinner time.”

“Mhmm… already? When did I fall asleep?” Hakyeon yawned.

“Only for an hour,” the younger said.

“Sorry, is your shoulder alright?”

“Yeah, don’t worry.”

Just then, Hakyeon noticed Taekwoon.

“W-welcome back,” Hakyeon said half-nervously.

“Yeah. Have you been getting enough sleep recently?” Taekwoon worries and approached the older, “let me take a l-“

Hakyeon flinched away.

“I’m fine,” he told Taekwoon. “I’m going to wash up before dinner. Hyuk-ah, save me a seat.”

“Sure,” Hyuk replied.

Taekwoon found it strange. Hakyeon definitely avoided him just not but why?

“Is Hakyeon really alright?” Taekwoon asked the maknae again.

“Yeah, he’s alright. Don’t worry, I’m already looking out for him,” Hyuk said without much intonation in his voice and retreated into the kitchen without looking back at the older vocalist.

That night, Taekwoon finally noticed it. Hakyeon sat close next to Hyuk and hyuk kept on putting food onto the leader’s plate. The two used to never do this especially Hyuk. It’s usually the reverse where Hakyeon would be the one pampering the youngest and loading his bowl with a mountain of food.

Taekwoon looked around at the others to see if they noticed anything unusual about the two but no one paid any attention except for himself.

He couldn’t take his eyes off the two all throughout the night, because wherever one went, the other would follow…

What’s going on with those two? He wondered.

Taekwoon had a hard time falling asleep that night with those thoughts hovering above his mind. He admits that he’s been out a lot because he was on his date but the sudden changes were very strange and he didn’t know why. IT’s only been a couple of days since he’s been out of the dorms and seeing s less, but already, there was an obvious change in both Hakyeon and Hyuk’s behaviors.

“Morning, hyung,” Jaehwan was the first to greet him that morning before their schedule.

“Morning,” Taekwoon said and yawned.

“Not enough sleep? You have really bad circles under your eyes,” the younger noted.

“Kind of…”

Just then, both Hakyeon and Hyuk came out together… from Hyuk’s bedroom.

“Morning Jaehwan-hyung, Taekwoon-hyung,” Hyuk said.

“Morning!” Jaehwan happily greeted back. “Where’s Wonshikkie?”

“He went back to the studios last night after taking a shower,” Hyuk told them.

“Why is … Hakyeon coming from your room?” Taekwoon decided to ask.

Both Hakyeon and Hyuk looked at each other yet didn’t say a word.

“Hyung was helping me with some compositions last night and fell asleep, that’s all,” Hyuk said for the older.

But Hakyeon kept quiet the entire time. The usual chatty and talkative Hakyeon would be boasting about how he stayed in the younger’s room and babying Hyuk all night long but today, that wasn’t the case.

The members all gathered for breakfast as usual and after getting changed, they all went into their vans and ready to start their day of work. There weren’t a lot of unusual things happening while they were in the van though. Hakyeon still sat in the front and Hyuk still sat in the back. No one really talked during the trip because everyone was too sleepy to bother. After meeting up with Wonshik at their venue, the members were all ready for their photoshoot and interview.

The day went by in a flash and Taekwoon was too sleepy to think of anything except for going to bed as soon as he can.

He took out his phone and noticed a few messages were sent to him hours ago.

[Busy?] his girlfriend asked.

[Yeah. Sorry for the late reply.] he sent back.

[No worries. I guess we won’t be able to meet tonight, then?]

[Yeah. Sorry. I’m just too tired today. I’ll let you know when I can get out next time.]

[Okay!]

Taekwoon let out a sigh.

He was tired. It wasn’t as if he didn’t want to go on those dates but his mind just couldn’t focus at all due to the fatigue. He let out another sigh and headed back to the change room after taking a small restroom break. But as he turned around the corner, he witnessed something he shouldn’t have…

“Hyuk-ah, not here,” Hakyeon blushed and tried to cover his embarrassment.

“Why not?” Hyuk asked back teasingly. The younger leaned in towards Hakyeon and kissed him.

Out of reflex, Taekwoon flinched back before he was seen but he couldn’t hide his shock from what just happened.

W-what’s going on between those two? Are they going out? Since when?

Taekwoon started to notice just how much those two have hung out together or disappear together when no one was watching. He wanted to ask them but what rights does he have to pry into their business. And it seems that no one else in the group knows about nor have the two of them come out to admit that they’re dating. Taekwoon thought they were family, so why are they hiding it? Why can’t they come out and say it?

“Hakyeon-ah,” Taekwoon finally found the older alone for once.

“Hmm?”

“Are you um…” he really wants to ask but Taekwoon can’t help but feel a bit nervous to do so.

“What’s wrong?” Hakyeon looked at Taekwoon in confusion.

Are you and Hyuk going out? Since when? Why didn’t you tell me? I thought we were friends…

Suddenly, Taekwoon realized something. He realized something almost too late. He realized what he shouldn’t have and now there was no going back.

 

 

A/N: This is going to be a multiple chapter one-shot. I would have made it a separate story but I kind of didn't want to? :))