[NHyukBin] Hangry

AllN Oneshot Dump

"Hangry"

 

 

“Hongbin-ah, Hyuk-ah! It’s time for dinner!” Hakyeon called out from the kitchen. “Gosh, are those two still in their rooms gaming again?”

Wonshik looked at the leader and shrugged.

“Jaehwan-ah, can you call those two out for me before the dishes get cold?” Hakyeon asked.

“Sure!” Jaehwan skipped to Hongbin’s room.

After a long struggle, Jaehwan finally got both of the youngest out of their room and prying their hands off their computers.

“How many times do I have to keep calling you guys for dinner? I’m really getting tired of this,” Hakyeon scolded.

Both Hongbin and Hyuk looked at Hakyeon for a second, then quietly sat down without a word. They were laughing and having so much fun a minute ago but because of the leader’s scolding, their faces grew grim.

Hakyeon let out a sigh.

“I give up,” he said as he went to resume his meal.

As the six of them were having dinner, the dining table was rather quiet. At least to some of the members. Hakyeon just ate and digested his food properly without rushing whereas Jaehwan was stuffing the food in his mouth and fighting Taekwoon for the last bits of side dishes left on the table. Wonshik chewed his food properly too and was only eating the food that didn’t make him go over his daily consumptions. The two younger ones sat next to each other, wanting to talk but didn’t.

Hongbin and Hyuk kept glancing at one another, then back on Hakyeon who didn’t even pay them any attention.

“Is he mad?” Hyuk nudged and whispered to Hongbin.

“He’ll probably get over it soon, let’s just eat,” Hongbin replied.

Hyuk nodded his head uneasily.

Hakyeon glared at the two younger ones who were whispering at each other in secrecy, which made him even more irritated.

“I’m done,” Hakyeon got up from his seat and took his bowl away.

“Huh? But you barely ate anything,” Wonshik worried.

“I’m full. I’m going back to my room, can you wash the dishes tonight for me?”

“Yeah, sure.”

In minutes, Hakyeon retreated from the dining table and went into his room. That’s when both Hongbin and Hyuk got worried that this time, they’ve really upset their leader.

“Tsk tsk tsk. You two made Hakyeon-hyung mad,” Jaehwan shook his head.

“We didn’t mean to…” Hongbin bit his lips in worry.

“Yeah. Plus, he could have ate first without us,” Hyuk said.

“But it’s different from when we can actually eat as a group,” Taekwoon commented as he is the second oldest of the group. “Hakyeon’s schedule have been really packed lately and so have all of us. It’s rare for us to get a chance to sit down in our dorms for dinner you know that? He’s not good at cooking but he still tries because he really wants us to enjoy dinner together as a whole.”

Hongbin and Hyuk suddenly felt sorry. They didn’t think that Hakyeon would really be that upset at them but it was understandable.

“Sorry,” the two said in unison.

“Don’t say it to us, say it to Hakyeon. Make sure you apologize okay?” Taekwoon told them.

The two nodded obediently.

After taking a long bath, and finally getting ready for bed, Hakyeon decided to go into the kitchen to look for something to eat. Indeed, he did not eat enough during dinner but he was so upset about the two younger ones that he had no appetite at the time.

Growl.

“Ugh, shut up,” Hakyeon told his stomach.

He looked around to see that all the members were back in their rooms and possibly going to bed since it was late. They still had a schedule to attend to in the morning so rest was important. But Hakyeon’s hunger made it difficult for him to fall asleep in peace.

He the kitchen lights and carefully rummaged through the fridge to look for a late-night snack.

I can’t eat too heavy or else that will be hard to sleep on as well and I’ll definitely be bloated tomorrow when I wake up. What should I do? He scanned the fridge and was in a dilemma.

“Hyung?” Someone popped up from behind.

Hakyeon jumped as if he was caught doing a crime, but it was just Hongbin.

“What are you doing still up so late? We have a schedule tomorrow morning remember?” Hakyeon immediately reacted with another lecture.

“I was just coming out to get a glass of water,” the younger replied.

“Well, get your water and go back to sleep or else you’ll be yawning a lot tomorrow,” Hakyeon said and closed the fridge empty handed.

“Hyung, wait!” Hongbin held him up.

“What?” Hakyeon responded in annoyance, mainly due to his hunger.

“N-nevermind,” the younger lost his confidence.

“Ugh, just say it Hongbin-hyung!” Hyuk popped out from the corner, having witnessed the entire thing. The two were waiting for the right timing for Hakyeon to finish his bath and come out. But they kept hesitating the entire time.

“Say what?” Hakyeon asked directly.

Hyuk stood next to Hongbin and nudged the other hard. “Com’on.”

Hongbin took a deep breath.

“We’re sorry!” the two bowed and apologized to Hakyeon.

Hakyeon was taken back at the two’s apology.

“About what?” he knew but he decided to ask anyways just to make sure.

“About us being late for dinner even though you called us so many times,” Hongbin said.

“We’re really sorry about it. Really!” Hyuk emphasized his apology.

“Just because you apologized to me, what makes you so sure that I’ll forgive you and that this wouldn’t happen the next time or the time after that?” Hakyeon lectured.

“Uh… we’ll try our best! Promise!” Hongbin said hesitantly.

“Oh?” Hakyeon looked at the younger at disbelief. “I guess we’ll have to see about that. Until you two prove to me that you’ve actually repented, I can’t say I’ll forgive you just yet.”

“But hyung-“

Growl.

“What was that?” Hongbin asked Hyuk.

Hyuk heard it too but shrugged since he didn’t know what it was.

The two younger looked at Hakyeon for an answer but they noticed Hakyeon’s face turning red.

“Hakyeon-hyung?” Hyuk saw how embarrassed the leader was.

“Could it be that you’re hungry?” Hongbin asked.

“S-shut up,” Hakyeon averted his gaze. He’s a bad liar.

“Pfft,” Hongbin and Hyuk couldn’t help their laughter as they saw how red Hakyeon was turning.

“Hyung,” Hyuk called to Hakyeon. “Maybe we should show you how sorry we are by first making you a late-night snack.”

Hongbin giggled in agreement while Hakyeon’s face was beet red.