[NEO] Disappointment I

AllN Oneshot Dump

"Disappointment"

(Part I)

 

Tap. Tap. Tap.

“Taekwoon-hyung! Stop that!” Wonshik bursted out. “It’s annoying.”

The older ignored him as he continued to tap his pen on the desk.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

When is he coming? Taekwoon wondered as he stared out in space.

“If you want him to come so badly, why don’t you just give him a call?” Wonshik said.

Taekwoon considered it for a second as he picked up his phone then he shook his head. His pride was on the line.

“I can’t. What if he thinks I’m annoying?” Taekwoon asked the younger.

“Well, you’re annoying the hell out of me right now!” Wonshik burst out. Taekwoon’s tapping have been bothering him the entire time as he sat in the studio, trying to produce their new LR album. “Just call Hakyeon-hyung and ask if he’ll come to the MV filming this week.”

“But…” Taekwoon bit his lips.

“No buts! Either call him or sulk forever.”

Taekwoon sighed and eventually texted his lifelong friend.

[Will you be coming to me and Ravi’s filming later?] He sent.

In an instant, there was a reply from Hakyeon.

[Sure!] The leader sent back immediately.

Taekwoon’s face lit up in an instant. Hakyeon was coming.

 

 

Taekwoon started to hum to himself and was proceeding with the filming rather smoothly. He did crack a few smiles from time to time when his face got too close to Wonshik but with the thought of Hakyeon coming to visit him, his head was up in the clouds.

“You’re making me sick,” Wonshik commented. “Stop smiling to yourself.”

Taekwoon didn’t care and continued to wait.

While the two were having a break, they were joking around and Taekwoon was still smiling like a happy child, waiting for something to arrive.

“Do you think the members will come to cheer for you?” Wonshik asked nonchalantly. “No, I doubt it~”

Taekwoon smiled and thought, he is probably going to come. Hakyeonie said he’d come.

During their break, Taekwoon sat on the side while Wonshik was filming his solo scenes for the music video.

Is he really not coming? The vocalist couldn’t stop wondering. He said he’d come…

Little by little, Taekwoon was starting to lose faith.

He waited. He waited all day until the filming was completely over.

That day was honestly the worst. It started out with much hope but only ended in disappointment. Maybe he shouldn’t have trusted Hakyeon’s words so much… Taekwoon really believed his lifelong friend.

“Cheer up a bit would you?” Wonshik smacked Taekwoon on the back as the two stood outside of their dorm’s entrance, finally returning home after a long day of filming. “I’m sure Hakyeon-hyung was just busy.”

Taekwoon let out a sigh.

The two of them opened the door and entered. The lights were still on and the TV could be heard.

“Welcome home,” Hakyeon greeted them while he laid there on the sofa with Jaehwan and Hongbin.

“You guys aren’t asleep yet?” Wonshik asked.

Taekwoon followed Wonshik behind and saw how laid-back the leader was.

“Yeah, we’re watching a movie. Join us,” Hongbin invited them.

“No thanks. We’re tired from the music video filming today,” the rapper told his friend.

“Oh right, you had filming. How was filming?” Hakyeon asked.

“It was okay. But…” Wonshik looked at Taekwoon and asked the question for his stead,” none of you guys came to support us.”

"But I texted you good luck and fighting earlier didn't I?" Hongbin said.

"I sent a message in the group chat too," Hyuk defended himself.

"Yeah we read them but you guys didn't show up. I thought at least one of you guys would," Wonshik said.

"We didn't want to distract you two," Hyuk said.

"Also, Hakyeon-hyung," Wonshik turned towards the leader for Taekwoon who was quiet the entire time," didn't you say you were going to come?"

"I did?" Hakyeon questioned back.

"Yeah. You sent me a message when I asked if you were going to come and you said sure," Taekwoon finally spoke out.

"Uh... wait," Hakyeon scrolled through his phone since he had no recollection of sending a message to his lifelong friend the entire day. "Ah! What the- I didn't read this message at all. When did you send it?"

'This morning..."

'S-sorry... I really didn't see the message," Hakyeon felt horrible after seeing the disappointed face on Taekwoon.

"What were you doing all day then?" Wonshik asked. 

"I was at KBS earlier to do a radio program and didn't come back home until two hours ago," Hakyeon told them.

"That's weird, if you didn't send the message, who did?"

"I really don't know. Maybe someone took my phone and sent that message to you guys..." the older thought as a possibility. "But I'm really sorry Taekwoon-ah. I would've come if I had known... what can I do to make it up to you?"

"It's fine... It's already over anyways..." Taekwoon sighed. 'I'm going to go to bed. Nights."

"Taek-"

Before Hakyeon could say anything more, Taekwoon retreated back to his bedroom. But Hakyeon felt horrible, he knew how disappointed Taekwoon must be feeling.

"He waited all day you know," Wonshik told the leader.

Hakyeon gulped. He felt guilty.

 

 

Hakyeon couldn't fall asleep that night with ease. Taekwoon's disappointed expression kept lingering in his mind as he laid in bed. 

I have to do something to make up for it! He thought and bounced out of his bed.

He carefully opened the door to the vocalist's room and all the lights were off. Taekwoon had fallen asleep already.

Hakyeon approached his friend quietly and hoping not to wake the latter up. But just as he did, he saw tears in Taekwoon's eyes and it really broke his heart.

Taekwoon must've been so disappointed in his friend.

"I'm really sorry, Taekwoon-ah... what can I do to make it up to you?" Hakyeon asked as he also felt like crying suddenly.

 

To be continued...

 

 

A/N: So~ here's a fun thing for everyone to do. I am going to take any requests on how Hakyeon will make it up to Taekwoon. The best idea wins and the next chapter will be based on it. I might alter the idea a bit but I am willing to take any requests (except too much smex xD) for the next one. 

If you're one of those silent readers, you might want to speak up at least this time for your idea to be selected hehehe~ can't wait to see what you all come up with.