[NBin] Reclaiming His Throne

AllN Oneshot Dump

"Reclaiming His Throne "

 

 

You’ve got to be kidding me! Hongbin shot up from his chair as he stared at his computer for a good minute. He almost couldn’t believe his eyes as he saw his ranking for Overwatch.

“10?? How can that be??” He was in total disbelief.

He’s been so busy since their group made a comeback along with other overseas schedule that he almost had no time to be at home to protect his position.

Unbelievable…

“Did you know about this?” He immediately called his best friend Gongchan, who happens to play the same game.

“Yeah. But I thought you knew?” Gongchan wasn’t very happy to receive a call in the middle of the night.

“I didn’t! Ugh, what do I do now?” Hongbin asked.

“Um… wait for the next season tournament?”

“That’s like more than a month away!”

“So? It’s not like you can do anything about it.”

Hongbin grumbled.

“Why are you agitated anyways? I thought you never cared in the first place.”

“I didn’t but it’s different now. I need to get my rank up as soon as possible.”

‘Why?”

Hongbin sighed. “You won’t understand… “

After hanging up on Gongchan, Hongbin rolled his chair back out. He made sure he had a glass or two of water and rolled up his sleeves. He was ready.

He glanced at the photo behind his computer and smiled.

“Alright! Let’s do this.”

After two full nights of Overwatch, he was back in shape for the seasonal tournaments. He was ready to claim his rank of seven for Hanzo if not higher. Hongbin was more than determined to take back what was his. He wasn’t called “Hanzo Master” for nothing. Since his schedule have been so hectic, he rarely had time to play the game and especially when they’re overseas, that opportunity was no where to be found.

So, he had to make good use of the time he had right now where no one could disturb him.

Maybe…

 

 

 

Knock. Knock.

“Kongie?” The leader took a peek inside of the room. The lights were dimmed and the younger was on his headphones.

Hakyeon let out a sigh.

Again? He thought and shook his head in disbelief. How many times have I told him to turn the lights on while gaming? It’s bad for his eyes…

“Kong-ah?” he tried one more time.

But all he got as a response was the gaming keyboard clicking away underneath Hongbin’s hands.

Hakyeon quietly approached the younger who was completely oblivious about his surroundings. He took a glance at what was so interesting about the game and though he had no idea what was going on, he could tell how serious Hongbin was during the match.

A serious and focused Hongbin was indeed mesmerizing even for Hakyeon.

“Good looking and good at games… you’re so unfair Lee Hongbin,” he muttered.

Though Hakyeon never understood what was so fun about the game, even after the two younger ones showed him how to play, he was rather fond of watching a serious Hongbin play instead.

Without being noticed, Hakyeon continued to stare at the serious Hongbin with a smile.

 

 

 

After an hour or two, Hongbin finally decided to stop since he realized that it was nearing 3am. He let out a big stretch and turned of his game. He looked at his empty mug and got up from his chair, ready to put the mug back in the kitchen sink. But as he turned around, he almost dropped the mug when he saw Hakyeon sleeping in his bed.

“H-hyung?” Hongbin rubbed his eyes trying to make sure he was hallucinating.

Hakyeon who was deep asleep mumbled adorably.

“What is he saying?” Hongbin leaned in closer to listen.

Just as he got close, Hakyeon grabbed Hongbin and making the younger fall on the bed. The older was still asleep but he held tightly onto Hongbin like a stuff animal.

Hongbin blushed from the sudden skinship and tried to wiggle his way out as his heart was beating way too loud for him to handle.

Hakyeon wouldn’t let go and cuddled even tighter. He gave Hongbin a peck on the cheeks and smiled in his sleep.

“Hwaiting~” he mumbled.

Hongbin smiled and remembered why he was so persistent in rankings for Overwatch again. He and Hakyeon once made a bet.

Hakyeon was very much against Hongbin gaming rather than focusing solely on being a singer at first. The leader thought that Hongbin simply played games like all other younger people his age but Hakyeon didn’t expect that Hongbin would actually become serious about it. The two of them argued quite a lot whenever it comes to Hongbin playing games, especially while they’re eating or even getting ready to go on stage.

“If you’re not going to be serious about gaming, then don’t game because all you’re doing is wasting your time!” Hakyeon shouted at him. “You should focus more on improving your singing and dancing! What do you think you spent all these years training for?”

“I am serious about gaming and about being an idol! You’ll never understand!” Hongbin argued back.

“What? Are you being serious? I don’t get it! What’s so great about those games of yours for you to ignore your responsibilities?”

“I didn’t ignore them! I still attend practices and vocal lessons like you wanted me to, so why can’t I do both?”

“That’s- That’s because you look at games way more than you look after us! Whenever we’re eating together, you bring your game out and start playing it rather than talking with us. You’re loud at night and forget that you sleep under the same roof as five other people. You’re an adult now, you should be more responsible and respectful to those around you.”

“If I wasn’t responsible, I would have spent all my money on games and turn up my volume rather than using headphones whenever I’m gaming. I did what I needed to in order to respect you guys, so I expect you to respect the fact that I like to game too!”

Hakyeon felt defeated for the first time against his argument with Hongbin. He really felt like crying at the time but he held it back because crying would have been cheating. Anyone knows that the members of VIXX can’t bear to watch their leader cry.

They ignored one another for almost a month, the longest they have ever fought with one another. Of course, Hongbin didn’t listen and continued his bad gaming habits despite how upsetting it was for Hakyeon to watch. Hakyeon no longer nagged Hongbin either about it but he was obviously no pleased with the negligence from the younger.

One night as Hongbin was walking to the kitchen to get his usual glass of water and some snacks before another session, he bumped into Hakyeon.

He tried to move out of the way, but Hakyeon also moved in the same direction.

Hongbin twitched his eyes in annoyance, “move.”

Hakyeon swallowed from hearing the younger’s low and demanding tone. He froze from his spot and Hongbin walked right past him. But even though they did fight with one another with harsh words, Hongbin still felt lonely.

Whenever he was practicing their dances or working hard on singing, Hakyeon would always cheer him on, give him advices, and embrace him with warmth. Why couldn’t he do the same for when Hongbin decides to game?

Hongbin scratched his head and turned backed towards the leader who stood in the same place without moving an inch.

“Hyung, we need to talk-“

Hongbin saw it. Hakyeon bit his lips and his eyes were tearing up but he was obviously trying so hard to hold it in.

“H-hyung,” Hongbin started to stutter as he was too shocked to see that Hakyeon was going to cry, yet decided not to.

Hakyeon tried to avert his gaze from the younger and walk away but Hongbin grabbed him tightly so that he couldn’t escape.

“We need to talk, hyung. Seriously,” Hongbin said.

“I don’t want to talk to you,” Hakyeon remained stubborn even though his voice was cracking.

“I seriously hate fighting with you, hyung. And I hate the fact that we have to keep acting this way as if we don’t exist to each other. Aren’t you hurt too? Because I know I am.”

“Liar.”

“I’m not. I can feel lonely when you’re not there to cheer me on. Why can’t you just understand that I am serious about gaming just as I am about singing?” Hongbin tried to convince the teary leader. “What can I do to make you see things my way so that we won’t have to fight over this matter again?”

It took Hakyeon a long time to think about what to do or say to Hongbin after that night. He reflected on himself as well, being both the oldest and the leader of the group. He was being just as stubborn and childish as Hongbin when it came to his decisions, making them both too alike each other. Maybe it’s because they’ve known one another for so long, that they’ve almost become each other’s halves.

But he’s decided finally.

If Hongbin was just as serious as he said he was on gaming, then Hakyeon wanted to see results. The promise for Hongbin to continue his gaming was that not only did he have to rank above and beyond in Overwatch but also not fall behind as an idol. It sounded harsh at first and almost unreasonable but Hongbin had his conditions too.

He wanted Hakyeon to support and cheer him on no matter what. He wanted Hakyeon to watch over his back and be there for him when he’s tired.

Thanks to their promise to one another, Hongbin was able to continue gaming as per usual as well as having Hakyeon by his side. That’s why, he couldn’t afford his rank falling in the game because if Hakyeon found out, then the older would no longer be there for him. At least, that’s what he believed.

 

 

To be honest, Hakyeon would have supported Hongbin no matter what. He just felt lonely that the younger was ignoring him most of the time for a game instead of looking his way. He wanted to be stubborn until the end but after watching Hongbin play so seriously, he too, fell in love with watching Hongbin as a gamer. Whether it was being an idol or being a gamer, Hakyeon was mesmerized by both sides of the younger.