[ChaSang] What They Feel

AllN Oneshot Dump

"What They Feel"

 

 

Hyuk has been very busy with his college assignments and preparing fo his exams. He's been staying up extra late too in order to study. While everyone was asleep, Hyuk was quietly reading his course materials in the middle of the night. 

Though he was obviously very tired and sleepy, he knew he couldn't afford slacking on his study. Being an idol and a student at the same time was difficult. 

Knock. Knock.

Hyuk turned around to see who it was. 

It was Hakyeon. 

"Still not asleep yet?" His leader asked.

"I'm still in the middle of my assignment. What about you hyung?" 

"I just went to get some water and saw your lights still on," Hakyeon yawned.

"Don't worry about me and go to sleep first."

"Hyuk-ah."

"Hmm?"

"Do you like studying?" 

"I don't hate it why?" Hyuk was surprised by the question. 

"I just want to know. You know, we haven't really talked together in so long..." Hakyeon seems quite sad suddenly. "You've just... grown so much and so quickly."

"What are you? My mom?" Hyuk scratched his head.

"Huh? No, well I guess my worrying is kind of like a mother... heh" Hakyeon laughed a bit. "It's just... I guess seeing you makes me realize how mothers might feel at times. Seeing my kid grow up and suddenly getting more and more distant. We used to talk more and was a lot closer you know?"

"Hyung... we're still close." Hyuk tried to cheer the uncertain leader up.

"Are we really though?" 

"What do you mean?" 

Hakyeon walked into Hyuk's room and decided that he had to talk with the maknae no matter what. 

"You don't like it when I'm affectionate and you don't care if I care about you. I'm always interested in what goes on around you when I'm not watching but you don't even bother to ask how I'm doing when I'm away. It just feels like my affections for you are one-sided and you could care less."

"Hyung..."

"I know I might be asking for too much from you but ..." Hakyeon bit his lips, "can't you show me you care even if it's a lie."

Hyuk could see how desperate Hakyeon was as the older was staring at the floor and holding back his tears. The older was trying to fight his urge to cry and how heart broken he was just by his voice. Hyuk wanted to reach for the older but he held back in uncertainty. Does he really not care for Hakyeon?

"I can't do that hyung," the younger said.

"Huh?" Hakyeon was ready for a heart break and his tears were beginning to overflow.

Hakyeon couldn't look at the younger’s eyes and was about to get up to leave. After all, what is the use of staying when the younger have obviously rejected to care?

"Hyung," Hyuk called out and grabbed the older by his wrist. "I... I'm bad at lying. So I can't lie to you."

"W-what do you mean?" 

Hyuk looked at Hakyeon directly and an expression full of resolve. He knew he had to make things clear with the older who always seems to lack self-confidence whenever it comes to s. Hakyeon was usually confident with connecting himself with other but for some reason, he always feared that his own members would drift away from him.

"There's no way I can lie about me caring for you hyung. Because I really do care," Hyuk confessed. "You can be a bit naggy, sometimes scary when you're scolding or even too affectionate for me to handle but that's what you are and how you are like. You're like the complete opposite of me and I admire you for that hyung. I know I can be stubborn to express myself at times but I do care about you and I'm sorry that my silence made you feel sad. I never meant for this to happen. Believe me please."

Hakyeon looked up at Hyuk's expression whose eyes were full of earnest and sincere feelings. 

"Hyogi..." Hakyeon was touched by Hyuk's words. "I believe you."

Hakyeon couldn't hold back his tears but this time he wasn't crying because he was sad but because he was relieved to hear the truth from Hyuk, his beloved maknae. 

"Jeez, you're the oldest here and look at you cry," Hyuk chuckled as he wiped the precious leader's tears of joy.

"Thanks for telling me how you feel Hyogi-ah."

"No. I should thank you for putting up with me all these years and always encouraging me to do better."

Hakyeon and Hyuk exchanged a smile. They were finally able to convey what they thought of one another instead of misunderstanding.

"Alright!" Hyuk suddenly exclaimed.

"Hmm?" 

"I need to go back studying and doing my assignment. You also need to go back to sleep! It's way past your bedtime hyung."

"Are you my mother?" Hakyeon laughed at the younger’s demanding yet playful tone. 

"Hehe. If I'm your mother, than I'm going to be a grandmother of this group," Hyuk laughed. "Now go on to bed."

Hyuk said as he gently pushed Hakyeon back to the leader's room. 

"Okay, okay. I'm going," Hakyeon lost. "Good night."

"Good night hyung," Hyuk said and leaned in suddenly to give the older a good night kiss on the cheeks before he closed his doors.

Hakyeon stood there dumbfounded and flustered by the younger’s bold actions but he didn't dislike it. Except... who can fall asleep after receiving such a sweet present from Hyuk?