[NEO] Don't Want to Let Go

AllN Oneshot Dump

"Don't Want to Let Go"

 

 

“Taekwoon-ah,” Hakyeon tries to wiggle out. “I need to go to work, let go of me please?”

Taekwoon pouts a little and leaned his chin on the leader’s shoulders.

“When are you coming back home?” the vocalist asks.

“Not sure. Whenever we’re done?”

“Can’t you come home earlier? We haven’t had dinner together lately because of your drama schedule and we rarely got to see each other when I was doing my solo debut.”

“I wish I could Taekwoon-ah, but it’s work. There’s nothing I can do about it,” Hakyeon sighed.

“You like acting more than us now? It seems like you’re always having so much fun with your acting friends… like that Wongeun or Jisoo,” Taekwoon said as he turned his back towards Hakyeon. “Fine. Go to your filming.”

Hakyeon scratched his head and looked at Taekwoon for a second, not knowing how to deal with such a childish Taekwoon. The vocalist may be one of the older hyung of the group but he’s also the most childish when it comes to these kinds of petty fights.

Hakyeon has no choice though, work is still work. So, he gave the vocalist a tight back hug, hoping to make Taekwoon a little less sulky.

“I’ll be back soon before you know it,” Hakyeon said and ruffled Taekwoon’s hair before he left in a hurry.

Taekwoon stared at the front doors close and Hakyeon completely gone. Disappointed but knows he had no choice, he dragged himself back into his room and flopped onto his bed.

Stupid Hakyeonie. Why do you always have to be so busy? Why can’t you just stay home with the rest of us like before? Or be there to welcome me back when I come home? Taekwoon had all those childish thoughts as he sulked alone.

Although Taekwoon has been busy with his solo album, he never stopped thinking about s and maybe it’s because he was promoting alone, he thought about the rest of s even more.

When he was doing his musical performances, Taekwoon didn’t miss s as much as he did now but being a singer and promoting as a solo idol was a different feeling. However, whenever he did his musical performances and came back home, Hakyeon would always be the one to greet him first.

“Ugh,” Taekwoon grunted as he walked around the house to distract himself.

“Stop that hyung,” Hyuk said. “It’s annoying.”

“If you miss Hakyeon-hyung so much, just give him a text or something,” Hongbin suggested.

“He’s… filming,” Taekwoon sighed.

“Then grow up and let Hakyeon-hyung be. You’re so clingy lately.”

Taekwoon looked at the maknae line and gave the two a sharp glare as he retreated into Hakyeon’s room. He didn’t like being in his own room alone and since the leader never locks his door, Taekwoon decided to go into the leader’s room without permission. It’s not like he’d take anything from the leader’s room anyways, unlike a certain cute main vocal who always takes Hakyeon’s candle for his own use.

Taekwoon couldn’t help but feel lonely now that all s are always doing something on their own especially the leader. When they first debuted, Hakyeon was always the one promoting the group through solo activities and Taekwoon really appreciated it because he wasn’t confident enough to be able to do the same. But after a few years into his career, he started to embrace being on stage and interacting with his fans. He’s no longer the awkward and shy Taekwoon that everyone once knew. Taekwoon thought that by him doing musicals and preparing for a solo would help lessen Hakyeon’s burden but he never thought that their roles would remain unchanged.

But there was one good thing about performing as a solo artist, that is, having the excuse to whine and have Hakyeon visit him on his schedule or have the leader spectate his dance practices. Though Taekwoon wanted all of s to visit him, something about seeing Hakyeon felt different. The leader is special.

Taekwoon hurried to complete his solo promotions, hoping that he would eventually get some time to spend it with Hakyeon but it seems that the filming for Hakyeon’s drama have been getting more and more hectic. And not to mention…

A possible love line!

Taekwoon thought that Hakyeon’s role was simply a character who resembles the leader, a little of a narcissist but cute all at the same time. What the members didn’t expect was the fact that Hakyeon might be coupled up with an actress for the drama.

Taekwoon dug out his phone and checked he news on Hakyeon’s drama and when he saw a cut from the episode of Hakyeon leaning in to kiss the actress…

He lost it.

Taekwoon threw his phone away and buried himself in Hakyeon’s bed. He tried to think of something else but all he could think of was how close Hakyeon’s lips were to the actress.

They almost kissed! How could he?!

Though it was only a drama, Taekwoon didn’t like it after all. Hakyeon being an actor is fine but having a relationship, even if it’s a drama, was not fine to the childish vocalist. Taekwoon was sad and all he could do was try and turn a blind eye. But he couldn’t wait until the drama finishes so that Hakyeon would return home on time like before.

 

 

“Thanks for your hard work,” Hakyeon said to the other actors before he left the set to go home.

“Are you in next week too?” Jisung asked.

“Mhmm!”

“Well, see you then!”

Everyone was so nice to Hakyeon that it made him look forward to filming every day or every week. It was a lot of fun to be able to film with such veteran actors and they all gave him a lot of advice on his acting. He wasn’t expecting a lot from his role for this drama at first and he really thought that it was someone people would hate. But all the feedbacks he’s been getting from fans and other viewers were very positive and commenting on how unique his role was. Hakyeon grew to love being “Kim Hwan.”

It was getting very late so about the time Hakyeon for home, all the lights were off and everyone was quiet.

Hakyeon went into his room without a second thought, he was tired from filming and couldn’t wait until he got to bed. But when he went into his room, he noticed someone sleeping in his bed without permission.

Hakyeon almost burst out laughing as he saw his lifelong friend sleeping and cuddling his bedsheets.

“Taekwoon-ah,” Hakyeon whispered gently to wake the vocalist up. “I can’t sleep if you’re going to take my bedsheets away.”

Taekwoon mumbled a little in his dream.

Hakyeon the vocalist’s soft pink hair and lets out a little smile.

“I guess I have no choice,” Hakyeon said.

He got changed into his pajamas and tried to snuggle his way into his own bed without waking Taekwoon up. There wasn’t a lot of space for two grown men but Hakyeon tried his best. Taekwoon was a deep sleeper after all so not many things could wake the vocalist up. Hakyeon lies next to Taekwoon, their face very close to one another and their bodies not far apart. Hakyeon traced his finger along the vocalist’s face, tickling Taekwoon just a little. The little whimpers from Taekwoon were adorable, just like a cat. Taekwoon scrunched his nose a little and though he was asleep, he let go of the bedsheets and grabbed onto Hakyeon.

Hakyeon blushed a little but he didn’t dislike it. Taekwoon was warm and gentle. Just looking at Taekwoon sleep so soundly and not letting him go, made Hakyeon realize once again how precious the man, Jung Taekwoon, was to him.

“Soon, Taekwoon-ah. Once filming is over, I promise I’ll always be home for you. Until then, please be patient, okay?” Hakyeon whispers a little promise into the sleeping Taekwoon’s ears. He buried himself a little closer against Taekwoon’s chest before he fell asleep as well.

Without even realizing it, neither let go of one another that night. Both of them held each other tightly and firmly until the next morning.

 

 

A/N:

It's been awhile guys! I'm kind of half back with the one shots. Actually, there were a lot of random ideas for one shots since the last time I updated but I had no time to complete any of them and let's just say I had a major 'brainfart' trying to complete just one short chapter. But I hope this little NEO one shot will make it all okay :)) 

Also, I've been really busy because of VIXX being in Japan a lot lately so yeah... there was the fan-meeting in May, pre-release event for Reincarnation and also their recent LOST FANTASIA concert! There was just so much to do and so little time to keep up!