[NEO] Disappointment II

AllN Oneshot Dump

"Disappointment'

( Part II )

 

 

The members of VIXX were eating breakfast in the dining room. Hakyeon woke up early that morning to prepare a simple meal for the members. He was hoping to do something for the young ones since he’s been too busy to care about them lately. It was also because he wanted to make it up to his friend, Taekwoon.

”Thanks hyung,” Jaehwan sat down in one of the chairs and still half asleep. 

“No problem,” Hakyeon smiles. 

The two were later joined by Hongbin and Hyuk as well. Though the breakfast was nothing extravagant, the young ones still sat there obediently to have a meal together.

Just then, Wonshik and Taekwoon came out from their respective rooms at the same time.

”As expected of LR, waking up at the same time huh?” Jaehwan commented.

”Morning,” Wonshik said even though he barely looked awake.

”What time did you sleep? You were still awake by the time I fell asleep,” Hyuk asked his roommate.

”No idea.”

Wonshik grabbed a chair and sat down, waiting to be served breakfast from the leader.

”Here you go,” Hakyeon said. 

“Thanks.”

Hakyeon smiles while looking at Wonshik’s droopy eyes barely able to widen.

”Taekwoon-ah, come join us. I made some scrambled eggs and toast,” Hakyeon noticed his friend being rather quiet.

Taekwoon looked at him for a bit then averted his gaze before he headed into the bathroom.

”Taek-“

Hakyeon sighed.

”Is Taekwoon-hyung still ignoring you?” Hongbin asked.

Hakyeon nodded. “What should I do?”

”Don’t worry about it. He’s just being childish. He’ll get over it soon enough.”

”I don’t know about that,” Jaehwan said with food still stuffed in his mouth,” It’s been more than a week and LR’s comeback is soon. You’ll have less time to see Taekwoon-hyung at al.”

Hakyeon sighed disappointedly.

”Ya, you’re scaring Hakyeon-hyung,” Wonshik nudged Jaehwan next to him. “I’ll keep an eye out for you and see if I can talk to Taekwoon-hyung about it for you. Don’t look so sad okay?”

”Thanks Wonshik-ah,” the leader gave a weak smile.

 

 

Hakyeon have been rather troubled by Taekwoon ignoring him for the past week or so and the subunit was too busy to be seen in the dorms for him to do anything. He took out his phone while sitting on his sofa and scrolled down the messages with s.

[Are you going to be home tonight?] Hakyeon decided to send to Taekwoon.

However, there was no reply.

”This is so frustrating...” Hakyeon said to himself as he fiddled around with his phone.

He scrolled up to the last time he had texted Taekwoon and strangely enough, it was the message he had no recollections of sending.

As far as Hakyeon could remember, he was so busy that day to even look at his messages. He went out early that day to the company to record a short audio clip for a commercial, then he went to another studio for a photo shoot plus interview. After that, he went straight to KBS for a radio program. He didn’t have time to look at his phone nonetheless able to send Taekwoon a message. 

So who was it that read his message from his lifelong friend and even replied “sure” in his place?

”Urgh!” Hakyeon felt really upset both at himself and at whoever was messing with him. 

Just as he was playing around with his phone, someone suddenly called and surprised Hakyeon.

”W-who is it?” Hakyeon picked up while his heart was still racing a mile away.

”Cha Hakyeon? I’m the director of Music Core,” the caller introduced himself.

”Oh! Nice to meet you. Can I help you?”

”Yes. Are you busy next week?” 

“Hmm, no why?” Hakyeon said as he stared at the blank space on the calendar.

”What do you say about being a special emcee for next week’s show?”

”Me?”

”Yeah. One of the emcee is away for an overseas schedule and VIXX LR is making a comeback right? So I thought of you right away.”

Ah! That’s right! Hakyeon remembered as well.

”I’d love to be the emcee! Thank you!”

”Great! See you soon!”

With that, Hakyeon jumped out of the sofa and wrote down his schedule for next week. He was excited for the opportunity and it was a good chance to see s.

 

 

As soon as the members returned to the dorms, Hakyeon rushed up to them to give them the good news.

"Guys!" He shouted excitedly.

"What is it hyung?" Hongbin got startled by the older.

"I'm going to be the special MC for Music Core next week!"

"So?" the members didn't look as excited for Hakyeon as the leader was for himself.

"Wonshik and Taekwoon is making a comeback the same week remember?" Hakyeon reminded them.

"Ah~ you're planning on surprising them or something?" 

Hakyeon nodded.

"What if Taekwoon-hyung continues to ignore you?" Hyuk commented.

Hakyeon's excited face dropped with the possibility and pouted.

"There, there, forget Taekwoon-hyung. He's being childish. We'll be here for you instead," Jaehwan clung onto the disappointed Hakyeon.

"But..." As much as Hakyeon loved s' company and consultation, the fact that he hasn't made up with his lifelong friend made him really depressed. "I'm going to send them a message or something to congratulate them. By the way, don't tell Taekwoon about me being an emcee, I want to tell him that myself."

"Whatever~" 

Hakyeon went back to his bedroom and flopped onto his bed. He took out his phone and scrolled down his contact list. s were always first on those list next to his family. They were all so precious for him so he always placed them in a place that was quick for access. He found Taekwoon's name almost immediately amongst all his contact numbers. He wanted to send his friend a message but he didn't know where to start.

He rolled around his bed, typing a message and then erasing it, typing is again and erasing it once more.

"Argh!" Hakyeon was having a headache just trying to think of something good to type. "Okay, I can do this!"

He took a deep breath and sent [ Congrats on the comeback. VIXX LR is the best! Fighting! ]

He gulped right before he hit the sent button. He did it after a long internal struggle but he finally gathered the courage to send such a simple message. Hakyeon stared at his phone for awhile though, half hoping for an immediate reply but also half knowing that the chances are slim. After all, Taekwoon haven't talked to him or replied to his messages in awhile.

More than thirty minutes have passed and Hakyeon continued to stare intensely at his phone. Still, there was nothing. But just as he was about to give up, his phone vibrated.

He shot up from his bed and looked at his message.

[ Heard you're emcee for Mucore next week. Gratz ] from Minhyuk.

"Gyah!' Hakyeon threw his phone on his bed in utter disappointment. "Don't get my hopes up dammit! I thought it was Taekwoonie!"

Hakyeon sighed and stared at his ceiling, rolling from side to side and staring upwards again. 

His phone vibrated once more.

"You're not fooling me, who is it now? Wongeun? Jisoo?" Hakyeon assumed and almost reluctant to look at his messages at all since he didn't want to be disappointed again. 

After another boring five minutes, he finally gave in and looked at his phone. This time he almost flew out of his bed in surprise. It was a message from Taekwoon.

[ <3 ] from Taekwoon.

"!!" Hakyeon couldn't hide his smile. It wasn't just a simple thanks or anything like usual, it was just a simple heart emoji but one that Hakyeon rarely receives. And especially with what's going on between the two of them, he did not expect to receive a heart at all. Did Taekwoon finally decide to forgive Hakyeon?

Immediately, Hakyeon jumped in excitement on his bed and went back to his hyperactive self. Who would have thought that a simple heart could make him so happy? Who cares if the heart was purple and not red? It was still a heart and a heart sent by his lifelong friend nonetheless.

[ So cute! Let me hug you! ] Hakyeon replied to the message honestly. He was just happy and didn't hesitate at all this time to send the reply. His heart was beating in excitement and he was just too happy to hide the wide grin on his face. 

 

 

"Did you reply to Hakyeon-hyung yet?" Wonshik asked as the two were in the practice studio.

Taekwoon shook his head.

"Gosh, you're stubborn. Don't you know how hurt Hakyeon-hyung is whenever you ignore him?" the rapper asked.

"I know... but what about me? He promised he'd come!" Taekwoon sulked.

"No he didn't, remember? Someone took hyung's phone and sent the message instead. It's not really Hakyeon-hyung's fault and you're being way too childish," Wonshik told him.

"But... but," Taekwoon sulked even more.

"Well, don't blame me when someone else takes Hakyeon-hyung away from you. You know how popular that hyung is," the rapper warned.

Taekwoon gulped. He knew exactly what the younger was referring to and the people who might have their eyes set on the leader of VIXX. There was too many to count. 

Just then, he got a message from Hakyeon and it read [ Congrats on the comeback. VIXX LR is the best! Fighting! ]

The vocalist couldn't hide the small smile he had when he read the message. Deep down, he was happy. Hakyeon didn't give up on sending him messages or trying to ask Taekwoon for forgiveness. He knew ignoring the leader for so long was a bit cruel but seeing Hakyeon try so hard to reconcile with him, it was rather satisfying. 

Is he turning into a sadist now?

"What should I do Wonshik-ah? What do I say?" Taekwoon asked the younger for advice.

"I don't know. Don't ask me. It's your problem but you better figure something out before it's too late," Wonshik could care less. "By the way, just a fair warning, Jaehwan-hyung is aiming to be Hakyeon-hyung's favorite so you better becareful or else~"

That got Taekwoon really worried. He knew that the cute main vocalist would definitely have the power to make the leader favor him amongst all the other members or of all people. That's how powerful Jaehwan's aegyo is. It's lethal and Taekwoon knows it well.

It wasn't much, but Taekwoon decided to send an emoji instead. Should he send a thumbs up? A happy face? Which one would be the best?

Then, he scrolled down and clicked on the heart. The red one.

"Is it too much? What if he misunderstands?" Taekwoon asked himself aloud.

The yellow heart? The pink one? Or... 

He decided to just click on the purple heart since LR's new comeback logo was purple. Then, he sent the reply. He was happy that he did though because it felt like a lot of weight got off his chest. It was more painful for him whenever he didn't reply to the leader's messages after all.

Just then, he got another reply from Hakyeon [ So cute! Let me hug you! ]

Taekwoon's face flushed red. Both from happiness and from being bashful. How does he reply to such an adorable comment?

 

 

A/N: There's going to be another part of this! Hehe ~