[NBin] Resemblance

AllN Oneshot Dump

“Resemblance”

 

 

“I wrote this song while thinking about the journeys and trips I’ve been to with my friends,” Hakyeon revealed during an interview. “Hongbin and I have known each other the longest and so, I thought about him as well when I wrote this song.”

Hongbin turned his head to look at the leader in surprise, he didn’t think that the song had anything to do with him at all.

“Hyung, did you really mean what you said earlier?” Hongbin asked as soon as they finished the interview.

“Hmm? About what?” Hakyeon asked back in confusion.

“About your inspiration for Resemblance, “Hongbin said. “Did you really use me as a reference?”

“Hmm? Yeah. Is that a problem?”

“No, of course not! But you never mentioned it during the recording or anything…”

“Ah, really? I thought it was kind of obvious. Honestly, how long have we known each other? It’s almost been ten years, I thought you’d be able to read my mind from time to time, but I guess not~” Hakyeon said in a playful tone.

Hongbin suddenly went to give the older a tight hug out of nowhere, surprising the leader.

“K-Kong-ah?” Hakyeon stuttered.

“Dammit Cha Hakyeon! Stop being so… ugh!” Hongbin couldn’t find the words to describe Hakyeon at all because he was completely moved by the every little things that the leaded did even without asking him to. “Usually, people write about their family or their lovers and here you go writing about me?”

“Well, technically it wasn’t just you,” Hakyeon tried to explain.

“I don’t care. It’s still about me,” Hongbin denied.

“Um sure? Anyways, Kong-ah, you’re not just a member nor are you just a friend or family. You’re way more than all of those and I really cherish what we have between us. I know we didn’t really have the complete same interest or anything and to be honest, you like hanging out with Hyogi or Jaehwan the most nowadays but I never thought that our bond was any less than what we already have. Plus, I’ll always remember those words you once said to me – wherever I go, you’ll always follow. Do you know how much those words have saved me?” Hakyeon hugged the younger back.

“Hyung~ ugh! I usually hate these cringy things but… “Hongbin scratched his head in confusion,” I seriously love you!”

“Haha, me too.”

Hakyeon really did write the song for his friends. He’s the type to enjoy traveling alone to be honest because he doesn’t have to worry about other people and can be as free as he wants to be wherever he went. But each time he does go traveling with his friends, those memories are always very precious to him.

It’s true that he doesn’t have many outings with his own members since everyone had different interests and most of the time, they’d joke around about not wanting to be anywhere alone with their leader, but Hakyeon knew s well. Deep down inside, they cherish Hakyeon as a leader as much as Hakyeon cherished them. If they didn’t care about him, they wouldn’t defend Hakyeon time after time against hateful and malicious comments directed at their leader. Fans are important but more than anything, Hakyeon is even more important.

Knowing Hongbin the longest, there were definitely a lot of ups and downs. When he was finding the words to writing the song ‘Resemblance’, Hakyeon went back to many places that he’s been to in the past in order to retrace his memories. Although he has many friends and created many memories with them, the one who Hakyeon always think about was none other than Hongbin. They’ve fought, they’ve reconciled, they’ve separated, and they’ve reunited. Everything the two have been through together up until now meant something to the both of them.

Hongbin may not realize it as much as Hakyeon, but a lot of Hakyeon’s life was influenced by the younger’s actions and kindness. Over time, the two friends became more than just family or members of the same group. Eventually, the two started to really resemble one another. Hongbin started doing things that Hakyeon would normally do, and Hakyeon would start behaving the same ways as the younger would. Hakyeon sometimes feel as if he saw Hongbin within himself over time and he enjoyed that a lot because Hongbin is a precious dongsaeng to him and he wouldn’t dare to ask anything more in return aside from having the younger by his side.

“Kong-ah,” Hakyeon said.

“Hmm?” Hongbin found himself burying his tears on the leader’s narrow shoulders.

“Let’s be together for a long, long time.”

“Mhmm! I’d like that a lot Hakyeon-hyung!” the younger was finally being honest for once.

 

 

A/N: I like how my NBin series just ended not too long ago and all these NBin moments have been coming out one after another! Ugh, these two are my death and I love them so much! *tears* Also, Resemblance is one of my favorite song in the entire album aside from Odd Sense, which btw had so much Kong in it!