[AllN] A Taste of their Own Medicine

AllN Oneshot Dump

“A Taste of their Own Medicine”

 

“Hey guys, am I really that detestable?” Hakyeon suddenly asked s as they were having lunch back in the dorms.

“W-what?” Hongbin almost choked on his food.

“Why are you suddenly asking that?” Taekwoon started to feel nervous.

“You know, the coffee truck message from the other day,” Hakyeon points out.

“H-hyung, you know we were only joking, right?” Jaehwan tries to reassure the leader.

“Really?” the leader sounded skeptical.

“Of course! Why do you need to ask that?” Hyuk places his chopsticks down, losing his appetite completely just from one question.

The members suddenly started to feel bad because the leader didn’t look like he trusts them. They all thought the leader should know of their jokes by now but it’s been awhile since Hakyeon behaved this strangely.

Hakyeon looked at s quietly for a minute, shrugged his shoulders a little a deep sigh.

“Well, whatever. Let’s finish eating and get back to work later,” Hakyeon said and starts to eat again.

But the others couldn’t digest their lunch very well that day. They began to worry about something they haven’t worried about in a lot time.

 

 

“What should we do?” Jaehwan asks the others while Hakyeon went to film his drama.

“I got scared,” Wonshik said.

“Same… it’s been awhile since Hakyeonie was like that,” Taekwoon told them.

The others couldn’t agree more.

“Did the joke really go too far? I thought it was just the usual and we even asked the staffs to love hyung lots…” Hongbin said.

“Yeah, we even made sure to sugarcoat our words this time so he doesn’t get too upset like what happened last time,” Hyuk felt a shiver down his spine just recalling the past when Hakyeon took their jokes too seriously and behaved very hostile to s.

“Well, to be fair, our coffee truck was sent for Jimin-sunbae…”

“But we all know that it’s for Hakyeon-hyung,” Jaehwan defended.

“Yeah, I’m sure Hakyeon-hyung knows that too,” Hyuk said. “Ugh, why did he have to catch us off guard like that? I didn’t even know how to reply.”

The members all sighed. They always joke around with Hakyeon and even Hakyeon knows that well but they didn’t expect to be asked such a question all of a sudden. None of them were prepared and now, they felt guilty of their own jokes.

“What should we do?” Taekwoon asks. “I’d hate it if Hakyeon distances himself from us again like before…”

“We can buy him a lifetime supply of banana milk and strawberry ice cream?” Jaehwan suggests as he pulled out his credit card.

“I don’t think that’s going to be enough anymore,” Hyuk said.

“Do you even think we need to do anything? Maybe Hakyeon-hyung was just asking to test us?” Hongbin said.

“But what if he isn’t?” Wonshik asks again. “What if we really messed up this time?”

“Like all the other times…” Jaehwan said and sighed.

“This is troubling,” Hongbin commented.

“Yeah…”

The five members became very worried about their leader and couldn’t stop thinking of ways to make their leader feel happier again. They didn’t mean the things they said, it’s just that they all hate cheesy messages and comments.

 

 

“Hakyeon-ah,” their manager called out the leader one day. “What’s up with your members lately? They all seem out of their minds lately. You know what’s up?”

“Kinda,” Hakyeon bursts out laughing.

“Huh?”

“It’s just a little payback for being a bunch of brats and not being honest about their feelings.”

“You did something, didn’t you?”

“Maybe?” Hakyeon smirked.

“Aren’t you sly?”

“I guess~ but I’m just giving them a taste of their own medicine.”

“Even though they all pitched in for a coffee truck last week for you?”

“Not for me. For Goddess JiMin-sunbaenim.”

“Oh~ I get it now,” the manager caught onto what sort of tactics the leader might have pulled on s for them to behave so strangely. “Well, I guess they deserved it in a way but don’t play them too much, they’re still five grown up kids despite how they look.”

“Don’t worry. It’s only for now. I’m more curious about what they might do to make me feel happier,” Hakyeon said. “I love presents.”

“Oh god,” the manager shook his head as he saw Hakyeon giggling happily to himself.

 

 

A/N

Just a short insert about the coffee truck surprise Hakyeon got. IT was so cute to be honest for the members to support their leader together like this. It’s like the first time they’ve done something for Hakyeonie and it really made me so happy. But of course, they still had to be little shiz so I decided to write this short one-shot. There’s no ending but what do you guys think the members should do?