[HaKen] Distracted

AllN Oneshot Dump

"Distracted"

 

 

“Hyung,” Jaehwan called out.

“Hmm?” Hakyeon asked.

“I like you.”

“Me too. I like you a lot too.”

“No, I like you as in… I want to f-“

Hakyeon turned around immediately in panic and covered the younger’s mouth to stop him.

“I-I get it Jaehwan-ah. I got it. You don’t have to continue…” Hakyeon suddenly felt his heart racing rapidly just thinking about what the younger might say if he let him continue.

“You do?” Jaehwan wasn’t so sure.

“Yeah, I do.”

“Really?”

Hakyeon nodded.

And that’s how their strange relationship began.

To be honest, Hakyeon never thought that he would end up going out with one of s and Jaehwan, the main cute vocalist of all people. Hakyeon likes the cute type and Jaehwan is exactly that but Hakyeon also likes the more intellectual, patient type… which Jaehwan isn’t. Every now and then, Hakyeon could hear banging and slamming from Jaehwan’s room because the younger would get frustrated while he games. Jaehwan likes gaming but he also gets really stressed out because he isn’t good at it. Hakyeon never understood why the younger insists on playing something like that if it wasn’t what he’s good at.

Going out with Jaehwan wasn’t so bad though because Jaehwan would always cheer him up whenever he feels down and the younger would never do anything that Hakyeon didn’t want. Sure, the younger could get a bit touchy sometimes but he would never go out of the line or make Hakyeon unhappy.

The group was practicing for their new comeback and the choreography for this time was much more complex compared to their previous one. Hakyeon was quite enthusiastic about the new dance routine because it was a really good challenge. He also got to share his thoughts with the dance trainer when the choreography was made.

“Uwah, Jaehwan-hyung~ you look really good in the photos,” Hyuk complimented as they gathered around during their break.

“Hehe~ you think so?” Jaehwan blushed a little.

“It seems I have competition for the visual’s title,” Hongbin joked.

“I might just take it from you,” Jaehwan joked. “Hakyeon-hyung, what do you think?”

“Hmm?” Hakyeon peeked over. “You look good.”

“… That it?” Jaehwan didn’t seem too pleased with the answer.

“What else do you want me to say?”

“I don’t know…”

Hakyeon looked at the photos enough times to know how Jaehwan turned out in them and he’s also monitored the younger’s photoshoot when they were doing it. The images didn’t feel like anything new and there really wasn’t much to praise about. Everyone knows that Jaehwan can look handsome whenever he wants to and even Hakyeon knows that very well.

Hakyeon let out a sigh as he noticed Jaehwan grumbling alone since he wasn’t too satisfied with the answer.

“Jaehwan-ah, you look really handsome. Don’t worry,” Hakyeon tried to comfort the younger.

Jaehwan grabbed Hakyeon by the waist and made the older sit between his legs then hugged Hakyeon really tightly without letting go.

“You mean it?” he asked.

Hakyeon nodded bashfully.

The others turned away, pretending not to have seen the two members acting all lovey-dovey with one another when they’re suppose to focus on their dance practice.

“I seriously love you, hyung,” Jaehwan confessed like always.

“I know,” Hakyeon said.

“A lot!”

“Me too,” Hakyeon chuckled at the younger acting like a child and putting on the cute acts just so that Hakyeon would pamper him a little more.

The choreography for their new song was very intense in many ways. The steps were all different from one another and nothing is repeated in the routine. Hakyeon really didn’t have any problems learning it but Jaehwan on the other hand…

“Jaehwan-ah… please, it’s the fifth time today,” Hakyeon pointed out the younger’s obvious mistakes.

“Sorry… heh,” Jaehwan said.

Hakyeon let out a sigh and continued but Jaehwan really wasn’t getting it. The younger was great whenever he sang and even during the production of the album, he would end up teaching Hakyeon some of his singing techniques during recording. But because their vocal tones are very different from another, Hakyeon couldn’t sing exactly as Jaehwan wanted. Hakyeon tried to understand that side of Jaehwan, the fact that they’re nothing alike when they have to compare their singing to their dancing but forgetting steps is a different story. Hakyeon used to have a three-strike rule about Jaehwan making him angry and he knows very well Jaehwan still remembers this rule. But ever since they started going out, it seems like Jaehwan have been taking advantage of Hakyeon’s soft side for him. It’s not just three or four times a day during their practice where Hakyeon gets irritated at the younger but sometimes even twice as much as that.

“Jaehwan-ah, please. I really don’t want to yell at you. You need to be more serious about this, I’ve even taught you the most amongst the members,” Hakyeon said.

“I know. I’m trying, okay?” Jaehwan said.

“Hmm, I’m going to change the dance a little,” their choreography suggested after witnessing the two members’ silent fight.

“Huh?” Everyone looked at him.

“The part with Jaehwan wrapping your arms around Hakyeon, I’ll have Taekwoon do it instead of Jaehwan,” he told them.

“What?!” All of the members were just as shocked and Jaehwan suddenly felt panicked of the suggested change.

“Even though the part is short, I still want some sort of chemistry and I thought that since you two are going out with one another that you’d be able to create that kind of synergy I want. But it doesn’t seem to be the case so, I’ve decided to change it,” he said.

No one could argue back despite how displeased Jaehwan was.

For the next few practice sessions, he had to watch Hakyeon be held by Taekwoon of all people. He was fuming inside just watching it. He thought he’d be mature enough to just let it go but after a little while longer, he couldn’t hold it in anymore.

“Hyung!” Jaehwan found the choreographer and decided to confront him.

“What is it?” the man asked.

“Put me back with Hakyeon-hyung, please.”

“Why should I?”

“I can’t stand it! I’m like fuming with jealousy right now and I can’t even concentrate!” the vocalist admits.

“Well, that’s what happens when you’re not focused.”

“But I am!”

“No, you’re not. You’re distracted whenever you see Hakyeon and ends up forgetting dance steps every time just because you’re sharing the same dance floor as him. Don’t think I don’t notice these things, Lee Jaehwan. You’re like an open-book most of the time. It’s easy to read what you’re thinking and what’s causing you to stumble so much.”

“B-but I can’t help it! Hakyeon-hyung is too… …” Jaehwan blushed red completely just thinking about it.

The dance trainer sighed and shook his head at the younger.

“You’re a lost cause,” he told Jaehwan.

“I know. I can’t help it…”

“Well, here’s what I can do. Promise me that you remember every step and not get distracted anymore during practice. If you can do that, I’ll pair you back with Hakyeon for that part.”

“Really? You’ll do that?”

“Hakyeon can’t say anything about it as long as I give the word, so you don’t have to worry about it. But if you continue to forget or mess up, there won’t be a next time. Got it?”

“Yes sir!”

With that in mind, Jaehwan continued to work extra hard. He tried not to think too much about Hakyeon during the practices and instead, he tried to focus on the dance itself. It was hard at first, but he was motivated and keen on getting his spot back at all cause. Eventually, Jaehwan got the dance down and the trainer gave him back his spot.

“Yay! Hyung, I’m back!” Jaehwan rushed immediately to Hakyeon in excitement.

But Hakyeon backed away a little out of reflex.

“Hyung?” Jaehwan felt a little hurt.

“We’ll see for how long…” Hakyeon said.

“What are you saying? Don’t tell me you’re not happy that we get to pair up again?”

“That’s not it…” Hakyeon averted his gaze.

“What? So, you prefer Taekwoon-hyung over me than? Is that how it is?”

“No but it’s just that… you’re always so easily distracted, and we can’t seem to get things done whenever we’re together. I really like you Jaehwan-ah, but I’m worried about getting anything worked out whenever I’m with you,” Hakyeon said.

“So, you’re blaming me now?”

“No,” Hakyeon denied. “That’s not it. It’s just… I know I keep saying that you’re the one forgetting all the steps and what not but actually, I’m the same. Whenever we did that dance together and the moment our hands touch… I can’t even look you straight in the eyes without feeling like my heart is going to explode. And then when I have to grab your arms to wrap it around me forcefully… I keep thinking about how close our bodies would be if I only took one step backwards…”

Jaehwan noticed Hakyeon’s face turning red completely as he talked about his worries. It wasn’t just Jaehwan that was distracted but it was actually the same for their leader as well.

“Hyung… I really want to dance with you. I don’t want anyone else touching you except me,” Jaehwan said.

“I know. I’m the same too, but are we really going to be able to work things out?” Hakyeon showed his uncertainty.

“Of course. I promise you that everything will work out. I’ll show you how serious I am about you and this comeback. I won’t make you worry anymore and I won’t let you down either. So, please. Give me one more chance.”

“Jaehwan-ah… I got it,” Hakyeon leaned forward and initiated a slight kiss with the younger. “Let’s work hard, together.”

 

 

A/N: Can we please talk about HAKEN in this comeback?!!?!? I couldn't contain my screams when I saw this part of their comeback choreography! I was legit spazzing with all the images I saw on my Twitter ... As if Love Me Do wasn't enough to kill me, this happens to?!? I still have to finish my NAVI fanfic yet this sudden HaKen-ness is being thrown at my face. What should I do??

Btw, what does everything think about their new title song 'Scentist'? I personally don't dig it as much as I hoped I would... sorry... personal taste/opinion. I really love the intense, complex choreography of the song as well as the intro at the beginning. But the tempo of the song is pretty much the same as Shangri La and it's very repetitive in my opinion. There's too much going on and too much layering to the point that you can't really hear much of the two main vocalist. Also, the transitions from the vocals to Wonshik's rap was a bit choppy and his lines weren't as memorable as their previous few comebacks. It's quiet weak in my opinion which doesn't fully showcase what he's capable of. And then that ending of the song... it's so abrupt and left me feeling like it's unfinished... I was left hanging, hoping for some sort of resolve in the song... 

Anyways, that my take on the comeback title song. Other than that, I really do enjoy Odd Sense in their side tracks. My Valentine isn't bad either, I guess. I'd like to know what you guys all think about it. And whether you like it or not, it's all your personal opinion so I won't judge you guys for it. I'd just like to share our thoughts~ But please continue with streaming on YouTube and Melon, okay?