[NEOBin] Hoping You're Okay

AllN Oneshot Dump

"Hoping You're Okay"


 

Will he be alright? Hongbin thought as he continued to stand on the stage and facing their fans.

The heat was strong today and the members had to perform under the scorching sun in order to promote the waterpark. They thought they could handle it and everything would be all right. But Hongbin thought his heart would stop when he turned around during their performance for Love Me Do, to see their leader have fallen onto the ground.

Hongbin didn't know what to do. His body began to tremble and he tried to keep calm while assisting Hakyeon to stand back up. He could tell that Hakyeon was trying his hardest to continue with the stage but his condition did not allow him to do so. The heat and the fatigue was just too much to handle.

"Hyung, are you okay?" Hongbin mouthed to Hakyeon who was still trying his best to get up. But Hakyeon was in no state to respond.

Should Hongbin continue with the stage? Should he help Hakyeon get up? What do he do? 

"Move," Taekwoon came in between and took Hakyeon's hands instead. 

The older placed his arms around Hakyeon's waist and lifted Hakyeon from the ground. He helped take Hakyeon backstage to get treated immediately.

Soon after, Hakyeon had to return to Seoul alone and rest while the others stayed in Gyeongju for the rest of the day.

Dammit, what was I doing zoning out in the middle like that?  Hongbin slouched in the waiting room alone while the staffs were packing their things and getting ready to return to Seoul. 

"Kong-ah?" Taekwoon saw the younger looking rather gloomy in the corner.

"Hyung, did you get a call from the manager? How's Hakyeon-hyung doing?" Hongbin starts questioning the older.

"He's fine now. Hakyeon is resting at home and feeling a lot better. It's just the heat," Taekwoon told the younger in a calm manner.

"I'm so useless," Hongbin blamed himself. "He needed my help the most yet all I could do was stand there!"

"Kong-ah, don't blame yourself. You assisted Hakyeon when he needed a hand," Taekwoon patted the younger on the back. 

"But..."

"You react right away when I almost lost my mind and just watched. It took me a good minute to realize what was the right thing to do. You were scared and so were all of us."

None of the members was able to predict that the heat was too much for their strong leader to handle. They were trying their best to act professionally on the stage and continue with their performances without Hakyeon but it was obviously too different when the stage had a missing member. No one was to blame in this situation.

No one could have predicted for this to happen. 

Rather than the blames, everyone should be sending their prayers to Hakyeon and wishing him for a fast recovery. 

Ring. Ring.

Hongbin's phone sounded. It was from Hakyeon.

"Hyung?! Are you okay? How are you feeling?" Hongbin picked it up immediately while Taekwoon stood by to listen in.

"I'm fine, Kong-ah. Are you alright? I must've scared you," Hakyeon said on the otherside.

"I'm fine. I'm just worried about you. Did you go to the doctor?"

"No, I'm resting back in the dorms right now. It's just a heatstroke, so don't worry about me okay?"

"Are you making sure that you're drinking a lot of water?" Taekwoon asked.

"Taekwoon?" Hakyeon didn't expect the vocalist to be there. "Yeah, the manager forced me to drink lots of water right when we got into the van. I'm bloated now, haha."

"This isn't the time to be laughing. We were worried!" Hongbin scolded.

"I know. I know. Sorry that I couldn't finish the performances with you guys."

"It's not your fault. What matters most is that you're fine now. We'll be heading back to Seoul now so get lots of rest until we get back okay?" Taekwoon said.

"Okay~ you sound like my mom right now," Hakyeon giggled.

"That's because you're always outdoing things and acting strong! You need major supervision, hyung," Hongbin scolded once more. "Anyways, get lots of rest okay?"

"Okay mom and dad. I'll see you back in Seoul!" Hakyeon hung up finally.

Both Taekwoon and Hongbin sighed together in relief. They were glad that Hakyeon was fine and normal again to be making jokes. 

They got up and finished packing their belongings. 

"Let's go home," Taekwoon said.

"Yeah," Hongbin followed behind.

 

 

A/N: I hope Hakyeon is better now and people needs to stop blaming Jelpi for everything. The situation was unpredictable okay? Stop pointing fingers and just pray for the boys' health and safety please.