[NBIN] My Type

AllN Oneshot Dump

"My Type"

 

 

"Have you ever thought about dating any of your own members?" Gongchan suddenly asked.

"W-what?!" Hongbin completely choked on the beer he was having. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"I don't know. I just... did some thinking recently," Gongchan shrugged. "I mean, I know we're all guys and all but haven't you ever thought that they could be something more? I mean, they're the people that know you the best and accept you for who you are. On top of that, there's no awkward or weird feelings when it comes to them. Like, it's just comfortable being around them. Isn't that like the ideal people you want to have a relationship with?" 

"I don't know... my members are not my type," Hongbin said. 

"Really? Then what is your type?" 

"I don't know."

"Then, how can you say they're not your type?" 

"They just aren't. Anyways, enough with this conversation. I don't want to think about it," Hongbin told him.

"Whatever."

Just like that, Hongbin spent another night talking about nonsense with his bestfriend. They could've drank too much that night for Gongchan to be spouting out nonsense but the idea kept lingering in Hongbin's mind.

Dating with my members? My type? His head hurted like hell just thinking about it on top of his drunk state.

He finally arrived back in the dorms after a while and when he opened the door, the lights were all still on. The members were awake and watching TV in the middle of the night.

"Welcome back, hyung," Hyuk was the first one to greet him as he entered the living room.

"You're late, what did you do?" Jaehwan asked as well as he sat next to Hyuk to watch TV.

"Drinking," Hongbin didn't feel like talking to be honest. He felt like throwing up more.

"With Gongchan?" 

Hongbin nodded.

"Here," Taekwoon popped up from behind to give him a glass of water," drink this. You look pretty drunk."

"Thanks, hyung," Hongbin accepted it happily and drank the water.

Taekwoon-hyung is so nice to me, the thought suddenly came up to him as he glanced at Taekwoon for a long minute. I wonder what it would feel like if I went out with Taekwoon-hyung. He's quiet but he's nice... he always looks after me and he treats me differently than when he treats others. It's nice having him around...

Hongbin then shook his head frantically to stop himself.

What the hell am I thinking!? Snap out of it! he told himself.

"What the hell? You alright?" Wonshik came in the living room to see his friend looking a bit strange. "You really shouldn't drink so much when you can't handle it."

"I know..." Hongbin sighed.

"Well, you better sober up. We have recording tomorrow morning. This is why I told you not to go out drinking the night before a schedule," Wonshik continued his lectures. "You'll be the one regretting it later on."

"I know. I know," is all Hongbin could say.

He's more like my mom than my friend. Hongbin thought at first. But I guess he's the type you call 'secured'. I mean, Wonshik is the protective type after all. The type to make you feel safe and not have to worry about anything because he does all the worrying for you... I bet going out with him wouldn't be so bad. At least, I won't have to do anything. Wait! 

Smack!

Everyone looked back at Hongbin who suddenly clapped his cheeks loudly enough for everyone to hear and catching everyone by surprise. 

"Are you okay?" Jaehwan got worried and got out of his seat to take a look at the younger. 

"Yeah... I needed to wake up. Sorry for surprising you guys," Hongbin sighed. I'm such an idiot.

"Well~ let's see," Jaehwan grabbed Hongbin's arms and made the younger go into the living room to sit down on the sofa with Hyuk.

The older suddenly the music on his phone and started dancing around cutely to some girl group songs. 

"Cheer up, baby! Cheer up!" Jaehwan started to sing and dance at the same time. 

"Haha, hyung. You're completely out of sync," Hyuk and Wonshik both laughed at Jaehwan's silly acts. 

Hongbin also found himself laughing out loud while watching Jaehwan. Jaehwan really is the energetic type and there's never a feeling of age difference when it comes to him. All three of the youngest members have completely dropped their formalities when it comes to Jaehwan because Jaehwan is the type to fit right in with them. He really brings a lot of happiness out of people. The perfect mood maker and just watching him make a fool out of himself in order to wake Hongbin up, was enough for the younger.

Jaehwan-hyung is so cute. How can he have so much energy to dance around like that in the middle of the night? I bet if I went out with Jaehwan-hyung, there'd never be a dull moment. He's like the perfect boyfriend material. Someone who can lift your mood when you're down and takes care of you whenever you need some cheering up. 

"Hyung, Jaehwan-hyung is so funny!" Hyuk commented as he nudged Hongbin next to him. 

"Yeah, haha," Hongbin found himself getting more sober up as he watched and danced with s.

After a long night after dancing crazily in their living room, it was time to disperse. Everyone was going to retreat to their individual bedrooms.

"Going back to the studios?" Hongbin asked Wonshik.

"Yeah, I need to look aft Ongdeongie and finish up a sample I've been working on," Wonshik told him. "But tonight was fun."

"Mhmm. Come back home more often, will ya?" Hongbin asked. "I feel bad for Hyuk who's always alone in his bedroom."

"Shouldn't he be more happy about it? He gets that big room all to himself," Wonshik said.

"You know how he feels. He's lonelier than he looks."

"I know. Don't worry, after this sample is done, I'll be coming back home more often. Anyways, I'll see you tomorrow okay?" 

"Yeah. Good night."

Hongbin closed the door and made sure it was locked safely. He made sure all the lights were closed behind him and decided to pass back Hyuk's bedroom to check on the younger.

"Getting ready for bed?" Hongbin asked Hyuk.

"Mhmm. I'm beat after all that dancing," Hyuk told him. "How does Jaehwan-hyung even get that much energy?" 

"He's an energy pill for a reason," Hongbin said. "Are you going to be okay tonight?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" 

"Well, Wonshik isn't around again so I thought you'd get lonely. You were just saying how you felt weird now that the bedroom is always just you," Hongbin reminded him.

"I know. But what can I do? He's got a lot of work on his hands. I wish I could help him out sometimes but I still have a long way to go," Hyuk sighed. 

"Don't worry, you'll catch up in no time. You've been studying a lot yourself, haven't you?"

"I have but I still feel like I can do a lot better."

"You're such a good kid," Hongbin found himelf ruffling the taller boy's hair. "Anyways, get some sleep. I'll see you tomorrow morning."

"Okay! Good night hyung!" 

"Nights."

Hongbin turned off the lights for Hyuk and closed the doors gently. 

He's such a good kid. So considerate and understanding. It'd be nice to have someone like that by my side. 

Maybe Gongchan was right, the perfect people is just right next to them. And although Hongbin have always known this, he's never thought about it so deeply. Everyone is the perfect type of people he'd want to have by his side and for a very long time. 

Hongbin finally retreated back to his room after a long night. Though he came home rather drunk, after the whole partying with s, he's now completely sober and awake. He couldn't fall asleep either because just closing his eyes made him think of the possibility of dating any of his own members... 

"Gyah!" He grumbled loudly and took out his phone. He rage texted Gongchan a bit.

[It's all your fault!] He wrote.

[What?] Gongchan texted back immediately.

[What you said earlier... about dating my own members! Now I can't stop thinking about it!] 

[Haha! So, who's more your type?] Gongchan sent back along with a laughing emoji.

[I don't know! That's the problem! Like, they're all 'perfect'... ugh I sound like some high school girl...] Hongbin regretted right after he sent the message.

[Don't worry, I was the same too. So, who's better?] 

[Well, Wonshik is like that worrywart, overprotective boyfriend. Taekwoon-hyung is the quiet yet gentle type. Jaehwan is the total moodmaker and cute type. Hyuk is like the type that you can be both friends and boyfriend which makes you feel comfortable type.] Hongbin listed.

[Oh? Wait... what about your leader? Hakyeon?] 

[... I didn't see him today.]

Where is he? Now that he thought about it, he haven't seen Hakyeon at all since he came back home and he wasn't there during their whole façade. 

[I'll talk to you later.] Hongbin sent a message to Gongchan immediately after realizing.

He got up from his chair and walked out of the room. He took a small peek at the room next to his, Hakyeon's room. He opened the door gently to make sure he wasn't disturbing his leader but when he opened the door, the room was pitch-black and there was no one inside. So, he went to the kitchen and looked at their schedule that was stuck on their fridge.

Hakyeon was out for a schedule all day long but strangely enough, it's way past 2am yet the older haven't returned yet. 

Hongbin got a little worried and wanted to message Hakyeon just in case especially since their leader is never the type to sneak out at night or go out at all when it's past their bedtime. Just as he was going to grab his phone from his bedroom, Hakyeon returned. 

Hakyeon let out a yawn immediately after he entered the doorway.

"Hyung!" Hongbin suddenly popped up.

"Woah! Don't scare me like that, Kong-ah. What are you doing up so late still?" Hakyeon placed his hands on his chest to calm down the rapid beating from the jumpscare.

"I was going to sleep but I realized you didn't come home yet so I was just about to text you," Hongbin told him truthfully.

"Aw~ were you worried about me?" Hakyeon teased.

"Of course I was."

Hakyeon's face flushed a slight pink just hearing it. He didn't expect Hongbin to be so honest at a random time like this.

"Don't worry. I was just out drinking with some friends. I heard you went out with Gongchan today too, didn't you?" Hakyeon told him.

"Yeah..." 

Ugh, don't make me think about that again... Hongbin thought.

"Who did you go drinking with?" Hongbin changed the subject back to Hakyeon.

"The usual. With Wongeun."

That name... that name is like a taboo to the members of VIXX because their leader is always going on and on about Wongeun this or Wongeun that. It was annoying. 

"You're always with him," Hongbin grumbled a bit.

"Well, he's my friend. That's why."

"Well, we're your members and family. Aren't we?" 

"Of course. Why do you even need to ask?" 

"Then why aren't you with us more often?"

"Huh? I'm literally stuck with you guys 24/7. I think you guys are the ones sick of seeing me too often, isn't that right?"

"Of course not. We love you hyung. There's no way we'd get sick of you," Hongbin didn't realize what he was saying. He might really still be drunk after all.

"Uh, um... thanks?" Hakyeon shrugged a bit in confusion and scratched his head.

Just then, Hongbin approached Hakyeon and leaned in to hug his leader. 

"We love you. I love you, Hakyeon-hyung," Hongbin said and then fell asleep on the leader's shoulders.

To be honest, Hongbin knew his type since long time ago. He knew exactly the type of person he wanted to have by his side since the beginning and though s are individually charming enough to be 'boyfriend' material, no one could match up to the importance Hongbin had when it came to Hakyeon. They've known each other the longest and Hakyeon is the one who knows Hongbin the most. They faced many obstacles together since they've been together and Hakyeon have always supported him whenever he felt lost. Hakyeon wasn't just the leader of VIXX, he wasn't just an older brother of the family but he was someone had everything Hongbin looked for in an ideal relationship. Maybe it's because of that, that Hongbin still can't find his ideal girlfriend because in truth, his 'type' was by his side all along.

 

 

A/N: These NBin picture ruined me so badly that I honestly don't know what I'm writing anymore... I can't stay calm... someone hold me and let me cry in your arms from this happiness.