[AllN] Role Model

AllN Oneshot Dump

"Role Model"

 

 

Everyone was working hard and preparing for their upcoming concerts. Despite their busy individual schedules, all members of VIXX managed to come together and rehearse as a group. Everyone was exhausted but there was no excuse to slack off either. Time was not so forgiving and they were definitely running out of time.

“Jaehwan-ah, I know you’re tired but just a little more okay? I’ll treat you to dinner afterwards,” Hakyeon said while trying to encourage the younger vocalist.

Jaehwan was too tired to say anything except nod unwillingly. He was covered in sweat and so was everyone else.

After another hour or so of practice, everyone’s legs were giving in. They’ve become too tired that they’ve already lost their smiles and was dying to go home for a refreshing shower.

“Hyung, let’s call it for tonight. My legs feel like they’ll rip out soon if I continue,” Wonshik said.

“Agreed,” Taekwoon nodded.

“I… alright. Then you guys go home and rest up for tonight,” Hakyeon told them.

“Huh? What about you?” Hongbin asked.

“I’m just going to stay and practice a bit longer. Don’t worry about me and go home.”

“But-“

“Now, go on before I force you back in here to practice with me,” Hakyeon smiled and pushed the members outside of the dance studio.

The five of them were shut out from the studio and looked at one another. They felt bad for leaving their leader behind but they were seriously way too tired to continue any further.

Taekwoon sighed.

“Let’s just go home,” he said.

“You sure?” Wonshik asked.

“Hakyeonie should be fine,” Taekwoon replied.

Slightly unsure of what was right or wrong, the five of them returned to the dorms.

Each of them quickly took their turns in the showers to cleanse themselves and Taekwoon prepared some late night snacks for them to energize the members after a long day of practice. Even though they were only practicing the songs they’ve grown used to, it was still hard work. It could be because they have so many songs, each with a different choreography or formation that it’s becoming harder and harder to keep them all in track. And due to their different overseas schedules as well as different venues, they had to alter some of their routines to match each and every stage.

It was hard work.

“Is Hakyeonie back yet?” Taekwoon noticed the three younger ones were bundled up on the sofa and watching a movie while Jaehwan was rummaging the kitchen for more food.

“No, he’s not back yet,” Hongbin informed the older as he’s been keeping watch of the front door.

Taekwoon grew a bit worried since it was getting very late at night. He took out his phone and texted Hakyeon but after a while, there was no reply. So, he decided to be safe and call his friend instead.

Still, no one answered the phone.

“Is he not answering?” Wonshik asked.

“Yeah, nothing… I’m going to try again,” Taekwoon said and dialed the number once more.

After several attempts and no answers, Taekwoon took his jacket and was getting to head back to the dance studio. But just as he was putting on his shoes, the front door finally opened.

“Hakyeon-ah!” Taekwoon finally saw the leader and relieved.

“Woah, why are you all dressed up? Going on a secret date or something? Hakyeon joked.

“No. I was going to go find you. Why didn’t you answer my calls?”

“Huh?” Hakyeon took out his phone and realized that the screen was completely black. “Oops, my batteries died. Sorry.”

Taekwoon sighed.

“Thank goodness. I seriously thought something bad happened to you.”

“Aw, you’re such a worrywart. Thank you though but I’m fine,” Hakyeon gave his friend a hug to reassure the vocalist that he was back safely.

Both of them went back into the living room to join the rest.

“I thought you guys said you were too tired to do anything. Why are you all still up?” Hakyeon noticed the younger ones all sitting on the sofa and eating popcorn late at night.

“We were waiting for you,” Hongbin said.

Hyuk nodded in agreement.

“What took you so long?” Wonshik asked.

“I just couldn’t get some steps right so I wanted to make sure it was perfect. That’s all,” Hakyeon answered.

“You were perfect enough during practice. I don’t think you need to improve any further than any of us,” Hongbin said.

“No, I’m still far from it. Anyways, I’m going to take a shower and get some sleep. Don’t stay up too late okay?” Hakyeon said with a warm smile and waved them goodnight.

 

 

As the morning finally came, all the members were still dead asleep. They barely got four hours of sleep to be exact since they were catching up on several movies late at night. Despite that, Hyuk was the first to get up because he had set an alarm just in case they overslept. His annoying alarm however, didn’t even wake the rapper up. Wonshik wasn’t budging to any noise at all.

Hyuk went out to the bathroom and noticed that Hakyeon’s room was wide open. He peeked in to see that the older wasn’t there and the beds were already folded. He went around the house but there was still no sign of Hakyeon anywhere. Then he saw a missing pair of shoes from the front.

Did hyung go out? Hyuk asked and looked at the clock. It was only seven in the morning, where could Hakyeon have gone?

Slightly curious, and a bit worried, Hyuk decided to send a text to Hakyeon about his whereabouts.

[Where are you hyung?] Hyuk sent.

[Dance studio] Hakyeon replied a few minutes later.

[So early?]

[Yeah. I couldn’t sleep so I decided to get more practice.]

After knowing where Hakyeon was, Hyuk went to the bathroom and got washed up. He decided to join Hakyeon in the dance studio as soon as possible too. If the leader was so hard working, Hyuk felt he needed to do the same as well. He was still lacking in many areas and needed to improve. Though his legs were still throbbing from yesterday’s practice, he knew he couldn’t waste any more time.

“Where are you going?” Wonshik mumbled half asleep and saw Hyuk getting changed.

“I’m going to the dance studio to get practice,” Hyuk said.

“So early?”

“Yeah but not as early as Hakyeon-hyung. He’s been there even before I woke up.”

“Isn’t he tired?”

“I’m sure he is and I don’t want to leave him alone. Anyways, I’ll see you later.”

Hence, Hyuk rushed to the studio to join the older.

 

 

Feeling a bit disappointed in himself for sleeping so soundly, Wonshik decided to wake up. It took him several rolls and attempts to get out of his bed but he finally succeeded. He walked through the corridors and dragged his feet to the washroom.

“Woah, what’s with you? You’re early,” Hongbin opened his door and to his surprised, he saw a zombie-like friend walking by.

“I-,“ Wonshik lets out a big yawn. “I have to go to practice.”

“So early?”

“Not as early as Hakyeon-hyung or Hyuk.”

“Huh?”

“Hakyeon-hyung already went back to the studio first thing in the morning and Hyuk just left to join him.”

“Aren’t those two tired? Especially Hakyeon-hyung, he practiced way longer than all of us and didn’t even get much sleep,” Hongbin worried.

“Yeah…” Wonshik yawned once more. “Anyways, I should join them instead of sleeping in.”

“I’ll come with you. Give me a second to wash up as well.”

Hence, the two 93 liners left together to join the other two for practice.

 

 

It was already reaching noon and Jaehwan finally woke up. He noticed the dorms were strangely quiet even though it was already so late. He was sure he’d be the last to wake up but no one else was around still. He decided to check up on the other members’ rooms and as he opened it, he noticed that they were all empty.

“Where did they all go?” Jaehwan thought to himself, feeling a bit left behind.

“To the dance studio,” Taekwoon popped out of nowhere that made Jaehwan jump back.

“Studio? Since when? Why didn’t anyone wake me up?”

“I just woke up too and Wonshik sent me a text that they were practicing. Hakyeon went to the studio very early this morning before any of us woke up.”

“That hyung, always working so hard,” Jaehwan was slightly proud.

“Yeah. I just hope he watch his health though. He’s getting so skinny lately.”

“You noticed it too hyung?”

“Yeah,” Taekwoon let out a sigh.

After the two vocalists have gotten dressed, they hurried to the dance studio to join the others. They were feeling rather sorry that the others have been practicing without them. As they reached the dance studio, they peeked into the room to see how the others were doing.

Immediately, they could tell how long the others have worked for since they were already here way longer than them. But still, they were following behind Hakyeon’s footsteps and following his lead.

They were all exhausted but none of them complained today. If Hakyeon was working hard, then they knew they should too. Hakyeon used to be a lot stricter to them when it comes to practice and they’ve fought several times in the past because they thought Hakyeon was abusing his powers as the leader. But ever since those fights, Hakyeon no longer nagged them as much and the members themselves have also changed. As time passed, the members got closer to one another, they could see their differences and they were also able to see that everything Hakyeon did was for the sake of the team. The leader of VIXX was selfless when it comes to the group and s. He would sacrifice everything he could as long as the group was getting recognized and it took the members a long time to realize that.

Though they were all still very young and still wanting to rebel once in awhile, whenever they saw Hakyeon work so hard for the team, they too wanted to do the same. After all, they were VIXX and VIXX would never be complete without all six of them together.