[LeoNHyuk] Unrequited - Part 1

AllN Oneshot Dump

"Unrequited"

~ Part 1 ~

 

 

"Hakyeon-ah," Taekwoon called out. 

"Hmm?" Hakyeon turned around with his mouth still full of food.

"Can you come out tomorrow?"

"Mmhrm?" Hakyeon mumbled.

"I found a new cafe near my sister's place. I thought you'd want to come as well. My sister said they have really good strawberry smoothies," Taekwoon somehow understood Hakyeon...

"Mmmhk!" Hakyeon simply replied and went back to munching on his food carelessly. It was rare for Taekwoon to invite him out.

"You understood that nonsense?" Hyuk tilted his head at Taekwoon.

"Yeah. It's not that hard to understand," Taekwoon chuckled.

"You're both strange."

"Heh."

The two friends went down to the cafe together on a quiet night and sat to enjoy the food. Taekwon enjoyed his usual latte while Hakyeon was munching on the cakes happily. Despite it being late at night already, neither cared about getting bloated the next morning.

"Hakyeon-ah"

"Yeah?" 

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure?"

"Have you ever... dated?" the question came out of the blue.

"What? Of course, I have. You knew that I've dated back in high school."

"No. I mean... have you dated anyone since we've debuted..."

"No, why?"

"Don't be mad but I... I got a girlfriend," Taekwoon looked really nervous.

"What?" Hakyeon almost choked on his drink. "When? Who?"

"Someone I met during one of my musicals."

"That noona?"

Taekwoon shook his head, "no, it's someone else."

The vocalist looked nervous and a little shy as he told his lifelong friend the news, but Hakyeon, on the other hand, was too dumbfounded to even react properly.

"Why are you telling me this?" Hakyeon wanted to know. Of all people too...

"Because you're my friend and I look up to you. So, I want to ask you for advice. She's coming soon... I want to know what you think of her."

"Are you look for my approval or something?" 

"Yeah, if you don't mind," Taekwoon said.

But I mind! Hakyeon thought.

There was no way Hakyeon could refuse even if he actually didn't want to because this was one of those rare times where the shy vocalist would come to ask him for a favor. But this favor was harder to digest than anything. The two waited a little more and then, she finally showed up.

She was a nice girl and Hakyeon knew exactly why Taekwoon would fall for her. He told Taekwoon that he approves of their relationship as long as she takes good care of him. But that was the natural response a leader and the older of VIXX should give. Deep down inside, Hakyeon really wanted to cry... He couldn't even finish his smoothie or cake by the end of that night.

 

 

Hakyeon went back home that night and as he did, Hyuk met him in the living room. 

"Welcome back, hyung," the younger greeted and then looked behind the leader. "Where's Taekwoon-hyung? I thought the two of you went out together."

"Um yeah, he's going to be sleeping out tonight...." Hakyeon was trying to maintain his composure and hide his feelings.

"Huh? What do you mean? Is he spending the night back in the studios? Even Wonshik-hyung is back tonight for once," Hyuk became a little concern.

"No, it's just-"

The tears fell unknowingly from Hakyeon, which caught the youngest by surprise.

"Hyung? Are you okay? What's wrong?" Hyuk rushed immediately up to the older in worries. "Did something happen with Taekwoon-hyung? Did you two have a fight again?"

"No," Hakyeon tried to stop his tears and wipe his eyes with his sleeves, "it's not his fault. Please don't say anything to Taekwoon, Hyuk-ah. Please."

"Huh? What?"

"Please..."

Hakyeon retreated quietly back into his bedroom without another word, leaving Hyuk behind still confused at the situation.

The next morning came and everyone gathered around the table, even Hakyeon and acting as if last night didn't happen. Breakfast was served like the usual except it wasn't Taekwoon that made it for them. Jaehwan and Hongbin helped out with the breakfast while both Hakyeon and Hyuk woke up a little too late to assist. Hyuk couldn't stop worrying about Hakyeon though and despite what happened last night, Hakyeon tried to act normal. The younger did notice the puffy eyes around the oldest though.

Hakyeon-hyung, he must've been crying all night long. What happened after he went out with Taekwoon-hyung last night? He really wants to ask, but he didn't want to hurt the older's feelings either.

Hakyeon who was acting as if nothing was wrong, continued to smile and laugh with the members, yet his laughter sounded much more forced than usual. Hyuk noticed all of it. He could see how pretentious the older was being. Just as they finished their breakfast, Taekwoon finally returned.

"I'm home," he said and smiled happily at the youngers.

"Where were you last night, hyung?" Jaehwan asked. 

"The studios,"  a completely white lie that Hyuk caught immediately because of how Hakyeon flinched from the vocalist's response.

"Just when we thought that there would be the six of us in the dorms for once," Hongbin commented.

"Wonshik's still asleep?" Taekwoon asked.

"Yeah. Anyways, did you have breakfast yet? We can get you some," Jaehwan offered.

"No, it's okay. I've eaten already," Taekwoon said.

As soon as the older vocalist said that, Hyuk noticed Hakyeon's trembling hands. But the older tried to remain calm as if he wasn't affected by whatever was on his mind or just the fact that Taekwoon was in the same room as them.

It was beginning to bother him, a lot.

"Hakyeon-hyung, we need to talk," Hyuk called out to the leader.

"Not now," Hakyeon strayed away a little.

"Come with me now or I'll tell Taekwoon-hyung about what happened last night," the youngest threatened.

Feeling uneasy, Hakyeon followed Hyuk to their bedrooms to talk.

"Something happened that night with Taekwoon-hyung, right? I can tell just by how you've been behaving around us and now around him overnight. You act as if nothing is wrong when he's around and he doesn't even notice it when you're feeling down. Why are you pretending? What the hell happened last night?"

"Please don't ask."

"Fine. If you won't tell me anything, I'll go ask Taekwoon-hyung instead. Is that what you want?" Hyuk was obviously annoyed at the older's attitude.

"No! Please don't!" Hakyeon grabbed Hyuk immediately to stop the younger.

"Then talk to me! I can't read minds like Taekwoon-hyung can when it comes to you. You have to tell me what's going on so that I can actually help you," the younger said in a pleading tone that Hakyeon could no longer escape from.

So, Hakyeon told everything to Hyuk finally about Taekwoon and his new girlfriend. Hyuk was angered at how oblivious the vocalist was to ask someone like Hakyeon for advice or approval of his relationship without knowing how the leader actually feels for him. Hyuk knew all along that Hakyeon liked Taekwoon or had a crush on him because the leader is like an open book at times with the people he likes. He thought that Taekwoon also felt the same way for Hakyeon because of how connected they are with each sometimes. Even Hyuk feels envious at times when Taekwoon and Hakyeon could simply look into each other's eyes to know what was on the other's mind. But all that telepathy between the two oldest was proven to be a lie after all. Taekwoon knew nothing about how Hakyeon truly feels.

"Hyung, forget Taekwoon-hyung. You deserve someone much better than that!" Hyuk felt angry for Hakyeon.

"I tried but it's so hard..." Hakyeon cried.

"I'm here for you, I'll help you."

"How?"

"I don't know but I'll try. I'll try to make you happy and give you the happiness you deserve, " Hyuk hugged Hakyeon to comfort the leader once more that day.